Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

RealTraffic 1.0 beta and updated Foreflight 2.0 beta

Page: « < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > »

Author Post
It's ADS-B data, so yes, for the vast majority of implementations, it's GNSS derived data, although not necessarily from GPS alone. :-)

Cheers

- Balt
Could it be that VisualPSX accepts traffic data coming from PSX only when PSX's "Externally controlled" checkbox is deselected?

When PSX's "Externally controlled" checkbox is selected, VisualPSX might think that VisualPSX is supposed to be the traffic generator and not the traffic receiver?

Hi Hardy,
I have noted that if the "Off" button is selected in the Human/Traffic instructors page, it automatically changes to "externally controlled when Real traffic is loaded.

Is this of any significance?

Regards,
Derek
Hardy Heinlin wrote
Could it be that VisualPSX accepts traffic data coming from PSX only when PSX's "Externally controlled" checkbox is deselected?

When PSX's "Externally controlled" checkbox is selected, VisualPSX might think that VisualPSX is supposed to be the traffic generator and not the traffic receiver?

No. When VisualPSX is set to receive PSX traffic it simply listens for it and sends any it receives to FSX.

Cheers,

Hi Garry,

Can you confirm that you can see traffic coming in with VisualPSX when RealTraffic is running?

Another option with RealTraffic is to enable the Foreflight interface. VisualPSX would then simply need to listen to UDP packets on port 49002. Each traffic RealTraffic sees (not only 7!) are transmitted there once every 10 seconds. The data is sent as a string, and it contains a lot more information than what PSX is sending. A sample string:

header, hex id in decimal, lat, lon, alt, v/s, airborne, track, gsp, c/s, type
XTRAFFICPSX,13346253,37.5933,-113.2234,32000,-512, 1, 249, 358, UAL1649, B738

The header is always the same, the hex ID is the transponder ID, but in decimal (so not really hex...:-))
Then you could display the type/callsign labels in the visual (if that's desired).

Cheers

- Balt
... I guess one smart way of dealing with this (if you decide to implement the UDP interface) is to simply use the UDP data for traffic injection rather than PSX if it is present. If it is present, you can assume that PSX is getting the traffic injected already.

Cheers

- Balt
Balt wrote
Can you confirm that you can see traffic coming in with VisualPSX when RealTraffic is running?

No, sorry. I am away from home at the moment. But you can. If PSX is sending traffic and VisualPSX is set to send it to FSX then you will see it in FSX.

Cheers,

Fair enough mate... However, TrafficPSX never worked for me in P3D. I was quietly assuming it just doesn't work (yet) as advertised, or perhaps it works only with FSX. I thus can't say whether it sees the traffic or not. The TrafficPSX screen listing traffics 1-7 never displays anything for me there. I have it set to get the traffic from PSX and transmit it to FSX. Running the latest version downloaded a few days go.

Cheers

- Balt
1.0.7beta: I still do not see any Traffic at my ND, neither at EHAM nor at EGGL (with plenty of aircraft around) ....

What can be wrong?

Nico
Sorry, not sure what's going on there at your end... can you post the output when starting RealTraffic like this please:

java -jar <path to your jar>/RealTraffic.jar debug

Also, remember the airplane currently has to be moving to receive traffic.

Cheers

- Balt
« Last edit by Balt on Fri, 23 Jan 2015 09:50:30 +0000. »
This program sounds amazing.

Will give it a go -- anyone sync it with live ATC for a more real world experience?

--

Thank you for this Balt -- it works as described, but after about 10 minutes, I also experience a freezing of traffic on your application.

Regards.
« Last edit by OmniAtlas on Fri, 23 Jan 2015 11:08:39 +0000. »
Balt wrote

Aha, I was not aware of that... will try again
@OmniAtlas, can you please start the jar as per the instructions a couple of posts up from this one with the debug option from a command line, then keep it running until you say the traffic freezes, then send me the output. Please make note of the exact time the traffic has frozen.

Thanks

- Balt
Balt,

What an amazing add-on!
I live near Heathrow and immediately got about 90 targets!
One question, if I may - what is providing the data?

Now which clever chappie is going to make an interface with PSX so we can see the traffic on FSX/P3D etc as well as PSX?

Thanks again,

Britjet
kiek wrote
Balt wrote

Aha, I was not aware of that... will try again

Still no luck...

Regards,
Nico
Here's what it looks like if you take off in the opposite direction of the active runway (and luckily, drift off the runway during the takeoff run...)

User posted image
User posted image

Cheers

- Balt
Nico, you need to send me the debug output as requested above. I have no clue otherwise why it doesn't work for you...

Cheers

- Balt
I see you have aircraft types on the list starting with the letter "A".

Hehe :-)

In PSX's aircraft array 0 ... 6, the aircraft with the indices 1, 3, and 5 are Airbusses!

Just in case you want to assign them type specifically :-)

These three busses use the Airbus specific strobe timing with the double flash.

Cheers,

|..|ardy
Well yes, RealTraffic sees everything that's out there... I'll consider assigning them to the proper strobe types in v2... Maybe by then, there are more than 7 traffic slots? ;-)
Don't take my hint too serious :-)
Balt wrote
Nico, you need to send me the debug output as requested above. I have no clue otherwise why it doesn't work for you...

Here it is.
Thx for all your effort.
Nico
Ok thanks for that. Having a look and a think about this overnight...
Hi Balt,

Here is a screenshot (traffic has stopped/frozen)

User posted image

Traffic reappeared again after a few minutes.

---

Updated debug information:

Sat Jan 24 00:20:20 EST 2015 response: 99
Sending request for box: 52.963 49.963 -1.934 1.066 @ krk.data.fr24.com
Sat Jan 24 00:21:45 EST 2015 response: 102
Sat Jan 24 00:27:38 EST 2015 response: 107
Sat Jan 24 00:33:31 EST 2015 response: 111
« Last edit by OmniAtlas on Fri, 23 Jan 2015 13:35:11 +0000. »
Hi Kiek,

I get the same results as "kiek".

RealTraffic v.1.0.7 : with exact IP or localhost in INI
PSX : Human/Traffic: externally controlled, sets automatically
TCAS = ON
TFC = ON

no indication on PSX-ND or outsideview and therefore nothing to insert for VisualPSX

Maybe my screenshot helps, Robert

User posted image
CORRECTION: it should be >> Hi Balt <<
Sorry about this, Robert
Hello Balt,

Could I suggest that any targets that are outside the 7000ft TCAS envelope are excluded from the 7 that go to PSX?

Also (getting cheeky now!) any chance of making the "radar" screen with a black background? (for those of us who fly at night!)

Great utility. Good luck to the others who are having trouble- don't forget to select "TFC" on the EFIS or you won't see anything, regardless of transponder selection! (Sorry if it sounds obvious but I was guilty - doh...)

Cheers,

Britjet.

Page: « < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > »

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software