Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

RealTraffic 1.0 beta and updated Foreflight 2.0 beta

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... > »

Author Post
Hi Balt,

It's working! Only the refresh on the ND is not working as it should, as Hardy said the traffic disappears after a while. if you turn traffic off in the instuctor and then turn it on, the ND shows traffic again. Commas and decimal points go back to the PS1 days developers had the same problem then.

Regards

Frans Spruit EHAM
« Last edit by Frans Spruit on Tue, 20 Jan 2015 20:16:43 +0000. »
Hi Balt,

Another fantastic addon for the PSX community - thanks!

Carl
Hi,

I just tested Version 2.0.3
I seems the connection is ok.
I can see the XATTPSX and the XGPSPSX.
This variables are changing steadily . But when I compare your screenshot with my display, it seems I have no Traffic List :'( . I can see some planes on the ND, but I don't think they come from Real Traffic but are generated from PSX.
Any hints what could be wrong?
Thank you
Sorry, forget my last post.
I downloaded foreflight and not Realtraffic.

Cheers
Incredible!

How does PSX attract so many exceptionally skilled software developers?!?!

Phil Bunch
Hi,

I tried 1.0.5 beta but it is using the AEROWINX MCDU fonts that I have recently installed at my PC for MCDU development ? ... See this screenshot while I'm at EHAM.
Not readable at all while this font is not complete in the lower case letter range ...

Do you choose a font in your program? Recommended...

There is also nothing to be seen at the ND...

Regards,
Nico
The CDU fonts have no lower case at all. There are two CDU fonts: large and small. The small one has just upper case as well.

|-|
Hardy Heinlin wrote
The CDU fonts have no lower case at all. There are two CDU fonts: large and small. The small one has just upper case as well.

I know, but that's not my point... The point is that RealTraffic uses a strange font, it does not seem to Select a font.
So OS X 10.10 is up and running. PSX took frame rate hit (will have to work on that) but RealTraffic works! :)

Just a quick question, why does it expire on 31.01.2015?

Cheers,

Andrej
Nico
Can you send me / post a screenshot please? I don't see a problem with fonts. The interface should be using your standard system font, the "radar" display uses the CDU font, however, it comes as a resource in the jar, so does not depend on any installed fonts.

Andrej; it expires because I don't want ancient pre release versions in the wild.

Cheers

Balt
Hi Balt
Balt wrote
Can you send me / post a screenshot please?

I did in my post #31, see the link over there. The Traffic List uses the AEROWINX MCDU font
Regards,
Nico
Thanks. Yes that's entirely useless isn't it. Must be a leftover from font experiments.

Cheers

B
1.0.6 is uploaded:
- Font for update window is now the system font.
- Font for injected traffic list is system font, small.

Cheers

- Balt
Hello Balt,

thanks for the feedback. You really think of everything! :)

Cheers,
Hi Balt
Simple question from a frustrated user of your fine program. Everything works fine except the aircraft are not showing up in FSX or on Garry's Traffic PSX. Spent 3 hours try all types of perambulations with no success

Thank you
Derek.

P.S Interestingly on the first occasion I used the program it worked perfectly in all respects,but something I have done (or not done!) has messed something up
I haven't seen any traffic via the VisualPSX suite of programs myself. Maybe Garry can shed some light on this via a debug attempt at his end?

RealTraffic is injecting traffic information to PSX at 10s intervals. Maybe that's too slow?
Cheers

- Balt
Could it be that VisualPSX accepts traffic data coming from PSX only when PSX's "Externally controlled" checkbox is deselected?

When PSX's "Externally controlled" checkbox is selected, VisualPSX might think that VisualPSX is supposed to be the traffic generator and not the traffic receiver?

Cheers,

|-|ardy
Hardy, is a 10s injection interval too slow for PSX? Interpolation shouldn't be a problem as all the angular and linear velocities are supplied.

Cheers

- Balt
When PSX is using its own traffic generator, position updates are sent every 5 seconds. I found that 5 is a good compromise re network relief and smoothness. If it's longer, and you are close to the traffic, you may notice slight jumps in the animation in the outside view after every position update.

Regards,

|-|ardy
Hi Balt and boys!

Wow, RealTraffic works like a charm here, and adds definitely a lot in terms of "alive" experience! Yesterday I flew some traffic patterns at LFPG in the middle of the day and in the evening: it's incredibly immersive to insert our B744 into the flow ("string of perls") of real aircrafts.
Only strangeness I noticed: there seems to be a slight offset of the traffic with both southern runways at LFPG (named= 08L and 08R): real world aircrafts appear to be around 50 or 100 meters north of their respective runways... might be due to the precision of the broadcasted ADS-B position?
Apart that, thanks and congrats for the quality of the addons!
Hi Pierre,

how did you see their exact position? In the visual system?

Cheers

- Balt
Balt wrote
I haven't seen any traffic via the VisualPSX suite of programs myself. Maybe Garry can shed some light on this via a debug attempt at his end?

RealTraffic is injecting traffic information to PSX at 10s intervals. Maybe that's too slow?
Cheers

- Balt

Just to let you know, I have the same issue with Xview.
Hi Balt!

In the PSx ND (with 5NM range) they appeared slightly offset... and on PSx visual their were really offset, to the north, about 1x or 2x a B744 wingspan (or the runway width, to give quite a raw scale).
But that's not something completely dramatic, don't worry... it's already amazing as is!
Ok, thanks for letting me know... at least you see them out the window. :-)

The precision is limited to 4 decimals. That means at the equator, the position is known to +/- 5.5m (absolute error 11m). At LFPG, ~N45, the error in latitude then is the same, +/- 5.5m, but in longitude it's less, only about +/- 3.9m, i.e. cos(45) * 11m.

Cheers

- Balt
« Last edit by Balt on Fri, 23 Jan 2015 20:48:17 +0000. »
Is the data provided by GPS?

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... > »

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software