Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

FiFLi add-on - First officer and Flight attendant for PSX - beta 0.62

Page: « < ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > »

Author Post
Here is FiFLi beta 0.52 :-)

changes include:

- FiFLi can be connected to various ports or host names - just enter your port or host name into respected fields
- added First officer cockpit preflight set-up actions - these actions start automatically after you rotate FLT DK DOOR selector to deny UNLKD and release it. Also when you do this boarding will start. You will hear First officer actions like:
- testing the oxygen,
- testing various systems on his side (for now only weather radar),
- announcing he is back from walk around and doors are closing (after the boarding is complete)
- added First officer call "speed brakes are up" - you will hear this call when you land and if you accidentally extend speed brakes on the ground ...

complete package (recommended because some new sounds added)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1khy0ds3z3dzxzu/FiFLi.zip?dl=0

and just "jar" file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvt0tz4ii3smtn8/FiFLi.jar?dl=0

best regards

vito
« Last edit by vito on Sat, 21 Mar 2015 23:22:42 +0000. »
Thought for boarding is was unlock, not deny.....

Wouldn't it be better to start with Unlock? Boarding starts and the First Officer starts his check along with walk around?
HercMighty wrote
Thought for boarding is was unlock, not deny.....

Wouldn't it be better to start with Unlock? Boarding starts and the First Officer starts his check along with walk around?

my typo, sorry, :-)

Normal position for selector is "auto". when you move it to "UNLKD" position it will start boarding and FO actions ... don't know from where I get this "deny" :-)

best regards

vito
Makes more sense :)
Thank you very much for these new features Vito.
Vito-

Tried it for the first time- impressed. Thank-you for adding to the immersion factor when flying our beloved fat-girl.

C
Thank you for trying FiFLi, and thank you all for your support :-)))

Best regards
Vito
Hi Vito, Thank you for your addition to our PSX world.

I have tried to follow instructions as written in your read me but apart from descent instructions (clearly) from your lovely purser, I get no other sounds.

At what stage do you turn your FLT DK DOOR to open? Is immediately on entering the cockpit or when power is supplied to the aircraft?

It would seem my volumes are set correctly.

Your help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Derek
« Last edit by vito on Wed, 25 Mar 2015 21:17:47 +0000. »
Hi Vito,
Thank you for your prompt reply. Felt I had done all the precursors for FIFI to work, but with a quick check today I was left in the same position of not hearing anything except descent announcement.
Please do not concern yourself with my problem over the next week as we are in the process of changing homes. Could be up to that time before I am up and working again.

Cheers,
Derek
How do I proceed with the FLT DK DOOR procedures to trigger different things when I am flying cargo plane (no FLT DK CARGO DOOR switch)?
matchball wrote
How do I proceed with the FLT DK DOOR procedures to trigger different things when I am flying cargo plane (no FLT DK CARGO DOOR switch)?

I am afraid there is no alternative at the moment. In next update I will implement different assignement for FO actions, the one that is present in both passenger and cargo versions ... Stay tuned :-)

Best regards

Vito
Good evening folks !

Here is FiFLi beta 0.53 with bunch of good stuff :-)

link to complete package:

link to JAR file:

changes include:

beta 0.53
- First Officer will now do complete after landing checklist as specified in Aerowinx Precision simulator manual (After Landing procedures) on page 574. This checklist will start after you retract the speed brakes.
- fixed few typos in "readme"
- First Officer will setup radios according to the values found in "Instructor panel / Situation / Human / Voice ATC" - this setup will happen after boarding is complete. It is important that you manually enter origin and destination into Instructor / Situation / Human / Voice - ATC fields BEFORE boarding is complete. First Officer will then enter frequencies found in Instructor panel / Situation / Human / Voice ATC in next order (radio tuning panel left: RTPL, radio tuning panel right: RTPR):
ground ---> RTPL Active
tower ---> RTPL Standby
departure ---> RTPR Active
center ---> RTPR Standby

Since we have a more than few "freight dogs" :-) who use FiFLi, decission to assign new button to enable control of First Officer actions since freighters don't have FLT DK DOOR control. Any suggestions what button to use, mine is: radio tuning panel center, R/T - INT switch ?

best regards

vito
« Last edit by vito on Sat, 04 Apr 2015 21:27:12 +0000. »
Don't fly a freighter, but like the Door switch....can you make it an Or statement?
HercMighty wrote
Don't fly a freighter, but like the Door switch....can you make it an Or statement?

you mean to give choice: if pax then DK DOOR, freighter: something else ?

not a bad idea :-) and I am thinking ... on freighters there is also no boarding sound but maybe something else can be heard ... Freight dogs, any suggestions, what buttons and sounds ? :-)))

best regards

vito
"you mean to give choice: if pax then DK DOOR, freighter: something else ?"

Exactly!

:)
Here is latest FiFLi beta 0.54 :-))) !

I have added two more audio dialog files, so downloading complete package is recommended !

link to complete package (this is recommended):

link to JAR file:

News are:

- added few more First officer cockpit preflight set-up actions - these actions start automatically after you rotate FLT DK DOOR selector to UNLKD and release it. Also when you do this boarding will start. You will hear First officer actions like:
- announcing he is going to do a walk around (this will take cca 10+ minutes)
- announcing he is back from walk around,
- performing voice recorder test,
- performing Fire Test,
- testing the oxygen,
- testing weather radar on his and Captain side,
- announcing doors are closing (after the boarding is complete).

- added replacement option for freighters who doesn't have the FLT DK DOOR selector ! Switches on the Center Audio panel are acting as the FLT DK DOOR selector switch:
- Switch "INT" as FLT DK DOOR selector to UNLKD,
- Switch "R/T" as FLT DK DOOR selector to DENY,

Best regards !

vito
Here is latest FiFLi beta 0.55 :-)

Few news here, our First Officer has become even more usefull after he has returned from his flight school, he will now help you with:
- "before start" actions after beacon is turned on, he will check if you forgot to do some of your "before start" items and he will do his (he assumes that you called for "Before start checklist")and after that he will be ready for your command to pull engine start switch after you move fuel control switch to run:
- turns on APU and connects generators,
- sets hydraulic system,
- sets fuel system,
- sets packs,
- after you move fuel control switch to run he will pull matching engine start switch .

Hope you will find these new FO actions useful :-)))

Here is the download link to FiFLi complete package:

Here is the download link to FiFLi.jar file, latest version if you don't need complete package, just overwrite the old one:

best regards

vito
Here is latest FiFLi beta 0.56 :-)

Small bug fixed ! :-)
You don't need complete package.

beta 0.56
- fixed bug: First officer didn't correctly "understand" in which flight phase we are, now it does :-)

Here is the download link to FiFLi.jar file, latest version if you don't need complete package, just overwrite the old one:

best regards

vito
Ok, here is latest FiFLi beta 0.57 :-)

Nothing major just few small bugs fixed (hopefully) ! :-)
You don't need complete package.

beta 0.57
- fixed bug: First officer should now correctly setup his "Before start checklist" and pull engine start switches

best regards

vito
Hi Vito,
And thanks for your continuous support !

I just have a quick request, I have no idea if it is complicated or not, so I'm asking just in case.

During his before start actions, the FO sets the hydraulics panel, putting Demand pumps 1-3 on AUTO, and number 4 on AUX.
But on the aircraft I use (G-CIVZ), it is equipped with an AUX pump on circuit 1, and I think in that case, it should be set to AUX instead of AUTO. I don't know if you could take that option into account (either through an auto detection of the aircraft option, or an option in your interface).

Anyway, thanks for all your efforts !

Charles
Hi Vito, Thank you for your efforts.

Whenever I use FIFI PSX starts to not respond with a message at the top saying "PSX not responding", and therefore will not accept any keyboard or mouse inputs.

As soon as I close FIFI the normal PSX returns to full use.

Is it something I am doing wrong?

Cheers
Derek
Derek Adam wrote
Whenever I use FIFI PSX starts to not respond with a message at the top saying "PSX not responding", and therefore will not accept any keyboard or mouse inputs.

As soon as I close FIFI the normal PSX returns to full use.

Hi Derek, sorry to hear that you have problem with FiFLi. I assume that you use latest version (0.57). Similar problems were rectified since version 0.2. Can you tell me if this is happening every time or sporadically ? When this freezing starts, does it start just when you click on connection button in FiFLi ? Do you use FiFLi over network (from other computer) ? Does anybody else have a problem with freezing again ?

best regards

vito
tango4 wrote
Hi Vito,
And thanks for your continuous support !

I just have a quick request, I have no idea if it is complicated or not, so I'm asking just in case.

During his before start actions, the FO sets the hydraulics panel, putting Demand pumps 1-3 on AUTO, and number 4 on AUX.
But on the aircraft I use (G-CIVZ), it is equipped with an AUX pump on circuit 1, and I think in that case, it should be set to AUX instead of AUTO. I don't know if you could take that option into account (either through an auto detection of the aircraft option, or an option in your interface).

Anyway, thanks for all your efforts !

Charles

Hi Charles !
Thanks for using FiFLi :-) Correcting what you asking shouldn't be a problem :-) I will do it as soon as possible.

Best regards

vito
Thanks a lot !

Page: « < ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > »

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software