Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

FiFLi add-on - First officer and Flight attendant for PSX - beta 0.62

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... > »

Author Post
Not yet, just tried the latest...I'll give them a go later tonight...
Ok, tried all of them...

Two notes:

1. Original, v2,v3 first briefing plays but PSX is locked until FiFLi is closed.
2. v1 works, other than the fact that all briefings play at once :)

Hope this helps
HercMighty wrote
Ok, tried all of them...

Two notes:

1. Original, v2,v3 first briefing plays but PSX is locked until FiFLi is closed.

Hope this helps

Yes, it helps, it played all at once because pause was removed from program.
Did you try FiFLi_test_1 after it played first briefings ? Did you get "Cabin ready" message ?

best regards

vito
Vito, what sound system are you using? Java Sound? OpenAL?

Maybe it's not a network problem, but a sound problem on certain computer systems.

Cheers,

|-|ardy
vito wrote
HercMighty wrote
Ok, tried all of them...

Two notes:

Hope this helps

Yes, it helps, it played all at once because pause was removed from program.
Did you try FiFLi_test_1 after it played first briefings ? Did you get "Cabin ready" message ?

best regards

vito

I did get Cabin Ready....
Try this one, just overwrite original:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvt0tz4ii3smtn8/FiFLi.jar?dl=0

this is latest beta, I am suspicious on the "pause" method ... :shock:

thanks

vito
Hardy Heinlin wrote
Vito, what sound system are you using? Java Sound? OpenAL?

Maybe it's not a network problem, but a sound problem on certain computer systems.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

I am using javax.sound.sampled.* 8) Is that ok ?

best regards

vito
Should be OK.

Could it be that under certain conditions your add-on is flooding the server with data? Is there an infinite loop somewhere?

|-|
As I can see it no, but will check again ....

thanks

vito
Latest file...locked up PSX until FiFli was closed....
HercMighty wrote
Latest file...locked up PSX until FiFli was closed....

Ok, thanks, I'll try something else 8)

best regards

vito
Hardy Heinlin wrote
Could it be that under certain conditions your add-on is flooding the server with data? Is there an infinite loop somewhere?

I remember when I was developing my Arduino C++ based interface. I had an if statement before my incoming data processing loop, making PSX server flooding like this. Changing my loop with a do...while solved the problem. Maybe it can help. Don't give up Vito, your add-on is a very good idea ;)
JP744 wrote
Hardy Heinlin wrote

I remember when I was developing my Arduino C++ based interface. I had an if statement before my incoming data processing loop, making PSX server flooding like this. Changing my loop with a do...while solved the problem. Maybe it can help. Don't give up Vito, your add-on is a very good idea ;)

Thanks for support, we will find where the problem is 8). I'll look for similar symptoms :-)

best regards

vito
Ok, here is the latest 8) version FiFLi beta 0.32 :
FiFLi.jar - just copy over the old one

or complete package:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1khy0ds3z3dzxzu/FiFLi.zip?dl=0

best regards

vito

edit: typo
Sorry didn't seem to help :(

PSX becomes unresponsive until your application is closed....

Any help I can give shout....be a great application if we can get it running :)
HercMighty wrote
Sorry didn't seem to help :(

PSX becomes unresponsive until your application is closed....

Any help I can give shout....be a great application if we can get it running :)

Thanks on kind words, we will find what overloads PSX ! The only thing main thread is calling continuosly is the flight "attendant actions" method - maybe here is the main problem - method is being called continuously without any control if it is already active - doing something (I don't know if this sounds understandable). Now I entered some control that should tell main thread that flight attendant is already "doing" something so it can't be called from within main thread if it hasn't finished what is doing :-) Will see if this helps.

here is link on latest beta 0.33, please try it :

best regards

vito
« Last edit by vito on Sun, 11 Jan 2015 11:16:51 +0000. »
Maybe closer?

Ok, as has happened in the past. Load PSX, Load FiFLI, check Flight Attendant and then load 01 Departure 001. PSX locks me out as the first message plays.

This time after the first message plays I unchecked the flight attendant, and got control back, and then got an EICAS message saying I had a FMC Message. Look at the FMC and VSPEEDS are gone, and further looking the route is gone. Hmmm...

As I ponder this the other messages begin to play from the flight attendant and I remain in control of PSX....

So tried again...

Again PSX locks, but if I uncheck flight attendant I get control back...re-check Flight attendant after first message is played and other messages play and the FMC was not cleared...

Tried again with not checking the box until the situation was loaded but there was a delay until I could get control of PSX...was hoping that by checking the flight attendant after the situ was loaded would resolve the initial freeze but it didn't...

So maybe the issue is all to do with the situ loaded? Based on the state of the aircraft need to put in a protection? Detect that it is ready for message 4 say, and play that and give the cabin ready signal? Makes things complicated I know :)

Seeing as taxi out is impossible without some type of visual addon I been learning most of the A/C by starting from this point so far....

After which brief is the cabin ready supposed to come on? What is the trigger? Been letting it sit here, I think 3 messages have played but no Cabin Ready signal yet....
While waiting for the final playback from the flight attendant I found that I could not affect some changes in the sim...

For example, I couldn't change the brakes :(

Also, I could move the flap lever visually but the EICAS display never moved from Flaps 20 regardless of the position of the flap lever.

Hope this helps...
Ok, thanks, let me see if this one works FiFli beta 0.34:

now the flight attendant is completely disabled, FiFLi just reads PSX stream. Now it should just make connection to the PSX and that's it. Does this "work" ?

best regards

vito

edit:

"cabin ready" comes after first two briefings are played ...
« Last edit by vito on Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:35:18 +0000. »
Hi Vito,

can you show your ejected Q message strings in the console of your Netbeans/Eclipse IDE?

I mean, using this command:

System.out.println( string );

Regards,

|-|ardy
Yes, the ejected Q message strings flow is ok ! :D PSX correctly shows in the network ---> main : client accepted, after the check box is removed: client disconnected. After that again connects correctly.
Ok, PSX does not seem to lock up with Flight Attendant checked.
Ok, then we can assume that reading from PSX is done correctly.
Here is the link to FiFLi beta 0.35

now the attendant is again active but the pause thread is removed - not called. Also FiFLi sends message to PSX.

Try loading Basic 013 - Climbing to final cruise ... after situ file is loaded start FiFLi and make it active. Cruise briefing should be played immediately.
Ok, all seem good with that test....Progress!
HercMighty wrote
Ok, all seem good with that test....Progress!

:-) PSX was responsive, no stutters ? If so then please load situ Basic 002 - On ground and doors closing. Go to the Model ---> Airframe and select Aircraft model : Passenger. Now select the auto brakes to "RTO" this is trigger. While doors are closing start FiFLi. First briefing should be played (after doors are closed) and on the pedestal you should immediately see "Cabin ready" message.

Here is the link for latest FiFLi beta 0.35:

« Last edit by vito on Sun, 11 Jan 2015 19:28:49 +0000. »

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... > »

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software