Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

FiFLi add-on - First officer and Flight attendant for PSX - beta 0.62

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

Author Post
« Last edit by vito on Sat, 27 Jun 2015 17:50:51 +0000. »
vito wrote
It wasn't my intention to ever (in my wildest dreams) start write programs in Java :-) like Hardy :twisted: Almost two months ago I didn't know what is streaming in Java, how to read inputs from PSX, how to write variable to PSX or how to even write simple "Hello World" method :-)

Yehaa :-) Congrats, Vito!

:-)

|-|ardy
Hi Vito,

Great job! I had been hoping for a port of Hoppie's Flightcrew to PSX from the beginning.
It definately adds to the immersion and the feeling of having 'someone' sitting in the back :)

Thanks for developping FiFli!

Cheers,
Sylvain
But there already ARE people in the back! Just call the crew rest!

Hoppie
Correct... I had forgotten about the grumpy dutch guy sleeping in the crew bunk ;)

S.
Thanks Sylvain !

Hope it works as advertised :-)

best regards

vito
Hi Vito,

I just started FiFli and I can hear the lady loud and clear. It obviously works! :-)

In your readme you say "start with boost server on". Are you sure the booster is needed?

My boost server is off and it works anyway.

Cheers,

|-|ardy
Hardy Heinlin wrote
My boost server is off and it works anyway. Are you sure the booster is needed?

I was thinking about future when I might needed it (for copilot) but for now I will leave this at pilot's discretion :-)

thanks

best regards

vito
Booster data are also provided by the main server. The booster is for motion sensitive add-ons only, e.g. scenery motion or platform motion at 48+ Hz. There's no point in using this high-speed service for a copilot add-on.

Regards,

|-|ardy
Hardy Heinlin wrote
The booster is for motion sensitive add-ons only, e.g. scenery motion or platform motion at 48+ Hz. There's no point in using this high-speed service for a copilot add-on.

Ok, suggestion removed from "readme" :-)

best regards

vito
Hello Vito,

Congratulations. Unfortunately, my PSX server freezes just after enabling flight attendant checkbox in the addon. If I quit the addon, PSX comes back to life immediately.
JP744 wrote
Hello Vito,

Congratulations. Unfortunately, my PSX server freezes just after enabling flight attendant checkbox in the addon. If I quit the addon, PSX comes back to life immediately.

Sorry to hear that. Do you have any other add-on active beside FiFLi ? Does it freeze every time you try it ? The only thing I can think off is that at the start FiFLI requests refresh of all non - delta variables from PSX.

best regards
vito
I tried only with PSX and FiFli and have the same problem. I tried to wait but PSX remains freeze after 1 minute +
I've done a complete flight without problems.

OS X 10.9.5
Java jdk1.7.0_45
JP744 wrote
I tried only with PSX and FiFli and have the same problem. I tried to wait but PSX remains freeze after 1 minute +

What are you specs ?

mine are:

OS X 10.10.1
Java jdk1.7.0_71

or

windows 8.1
Java jdk1.7.0_67

edit:

antivirus or firewall blocking TCP/IP ?
« Last edit by vito on Thu, 08 Jan 2015 22:39:59 +0000. »
For some reason I can't get any sounds to play?

What are the triggers for the .wav files?

Thank you.
OmniAtlas wrote
For some reason I can't get any sounds to play?

What are the triggers for the .wav files?

Thank you.

First briefing should be played after: all doors are closed, auto brakes should be in RTO position and beacon should be on. After all these conditions are satisfied, flight attendant will wait a few seconds and start first briefing then will wait a few seconds and play a second briefing and after that you will get Cabin ready signal on the pilots's call panel.

best regards

vito
Hello Vito,

thanks for you work, sounds pretty good but I have the same problem as JP744.

Everything starts as planned but after the first announcement just the PSX-server freezes (not the PSX-client) and wondrously FiFli continues with the second announcement and "Cabin Ready" appears. I can't get a third annoncement because PSX Server is frozen. As soon FiFli is disabled PSX gets alive again.

There is no other addon running and it is WIN7-64bit with JRE 1.8.0_25 or JDK 1.8.0_05.

Thank you, Robert
The same is with jdk7 version.
Regards
Hi Vito,

for a test, you could deactivate all write actions in your add-on. Just let it read from PSX, not write.

And if that works, one could check which write action freezes the server. Maybe EXT power or CABIN READY or ...

Are you using any country specific characters?

Cheers,

|-|ardy
Here are two new versions - first is FiFLi_test_1 without pauses between actions, first second and third announcement will play simuntaneosly because pauses between briefings are removed :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o9jif4ttyf9lu69/FiFLi_test_1.jar?dl=0

second one is FiFLi_test_2 without write actions but with pause actions as Hardy suggested:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/43nmmwshipcadof/FiFLi_test_2.jar?dl=0

best regards

edit:

Hardy Heinlin wrote
Are you using any country specific characters?

as far as I know I don't ..

here is latest beta slightly :-) reworked, you can download it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u42lbwia726p7dq/FiFLi_beta_0_3.jar?dl=0

now use FiFli_beta_0.3.jar for testing

vito
« Last edit by vito on Fri, 09 Jan 2015 21:57:34 +0000. »
thanks for this , i will test it on my flight tommorrow :)

how do i disable the FO actions?
GodAtum wrote
thanks for this , i will test it on my flight tommorrow :)

how do i disable the FO actions?

de facto FO actions are disabled in second version FiFLi_test_2 because all write actions are disabled. I was planning to add this option separately in one of the future betas ....

best regards

vito
Had the same freezing problems as others with the first version. With V3 though I get the briefing it locks up PSX while the briefing plays and doesn't release until the flight attendant is unchecked. The last key pressed seems to then be done and I have control back.

For instance I was trying to move the view to a different view and couldn't until I unchecked it. Also the mouse cursor disappeared within PSX.
HercMighty wrote
Had the same freezing problems as others with the first version. With V3 though I get the briefing it locks up PSX while the briefing plays and doesn't release until the flight attendant is unchecked. The last key pressed seems to then be done and I have control back.

For instance I was trying to move the view to a different view and couldn't until I unchecked it. Also the mouse cursor disappeared within PSX.

Did you try FiFLi_test_1 and FiFLi_test_2 ?

thanks

vito

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software