Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

PSX Remote on Android

Page: < 1 2 3 >

Author Post
Ok Felix,

That's a bad news but I do understand...

Hope someone can finish this port !

Thanks anyway a lot for your work
Hi Felix,

To be honest, that's what I guessed, and fully understand, furthermore as I think I remember you are using IPads yourself, so Android version was definitely solely an (hugely appreciated) altruist work for us non-IPad users.
Thanks anyway for the work already done, and let's hope someone with the relevant knowledge will be able to take over...

Regards,

Xavier
Felix,

Do you allow me to use the graphicals you send me so I can use them for my own implementation?

And guys, can you please send me the types of devices you want this app running on? Then I can prioritize what sizes should be developed for first.

Regards Robert
Sure thing Robert you can use them.
I guess that the most popular tabs are 8 and 10 inches, like the Samsung Galaxy tabs 8 and 10 and Sony's as well.

Great to see someone continuing this work.

Good luck !
Felix,

I am planning to run a hardware CDU based on a Raspberry Pi and would be grateful if you could send me the fonts and any media that you have used. Is that possible? You can contact me via PN, of course.
Hi Robert,

Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 2014 edition.
Resolution 1600 x 2560 pixels.
10,1 inch.

H.
Hi Robert,

Clanga 097
Resolution 1536 x 2048 pixels

Robert, also.
Just to let you know how I progress on the Android version. Because of my busy things didn't evolve as fast as I would have liked but the first version will be out somewhere next week.
After this first release I think there will be lots of comments on the styling and positioning of texts, but we will improve that after this first release.
So please have a little bit more patience and hopefully together we will get to a stable version very soon because I need you all to test on all the different kind of devices that are out there.

Robert
That's GREAT news, thanks a lot for your work :)
Good news and looking forward to it.
thanks
Carl
Good news !

Here the (now connected) beta (!) APP-CDU for Android-pads.. functioning.
Some aligning issues left.
So ..., he's busy !

Thanks to Robert Kock !

Hessel

http://www.hoppie.nl/forum/var/app-cdu_beta.JPG

CDU-Screen: I like landing with not to much fuel left ....
For those interested, you can find and download a beta version here:

http://we.tl/Rmqycr4lRm

We tested it on 10 inch devices, haven't done any testing on 7 inch but you can try.
This is an apk file that you can deploy to your android device. When it is deployed to your device you can click it and it will install. If you haven't done this before and run into problems please google a bit. Many pages available that can help.

You can configure ip and port by selecting upperright screw of cdu.

If you run into any issues (or when things are going well) please let me know at robert.kock at gmail.com

Robert
Hi Kockie69

thanks for your efforts .. I tried to check, but the app is haltet immediately after launch. No CDU visible. Just a fast flicker. Dark with fade out then back to normal view.

HW: Galaxy S4, Android 5.0.1, german version

I know: not the best size for a CDU ;) but just to let you know!

BR Hans
Will put this on my list, but not high prio. Maybe need my daughters device to test. Don't think it will be good for the relationship within the family ;)

Regards Robert
Hi Robert!

Thats OK. No time pressure - just an info!

Well, you need good arguments for your daughter - perhaps you add some Facebook features to the CDU ... :P :lol:

BR Hans
Hi Robert,

I have tried the original Apple app on a borrowed IPad and ever since have been waiting with anticipation for the Android version to appear to run on my own tablet.

Many thanks for taking over the project and releasing the app today.

The app is just fantastic. I have spent all this evening using it in various situations and it works for me just great. I have the original Motorola Xoom 10.1 inch tablet. The tablet was just lying about waiting for your app and to be the latest addition to my cockpit :-).

The fonts look good and it was really easy to setup. I even printed the weather to my previous latest addition of a serial receipt printer from the app.

Once again many thanks for taking the time and effort to release this great app.

All the best.

Graham.
« Last edit by pcpilot on Fri, 10 Apr 2015 06:59:45 +0000. »
Thank you Graham for your nice words. I am happy to read this beta release is already useful for you. But the app still needs some improvements like proper lights management, proper text alignment for all devices and it only supports CduL at the moment. I want to add an option to configure CduL, CduC or CduR. And of course more functionalities if requested by the community!

Robert
Please find attached a new (beta) release for the PSX remote on Android.

http://we.tl/si6UfCd6Y6

What is new/fixed:

- CDU lights are implemented and working now
- CLR key fixed

To do: Better alignment of tekst and CDU lights for different devices.

Suggestions welcome.

Regards Robert
Hi

Another tablet owner whose Asus has been waiting for this app. :)

Thank you!

Carl
Hi !

I have installed the lastest beta on my Galaxy Note 8, Android 4.4.2, stock ROM.

Unfortunatly the app crashes on opening :(

Should I install a custom ROM ?
I just released a new version. You can download the zipat the link below that contains the apk package that you have to deploy on your device and a first version of the user manual.

What is new?

- You can position the CDU items by yourself for proper layout.
- The text lines are now printed double with one pixel difference. Nice effect as proposed by some forum members in the past for other CDU implementations.

http://we.tl/WzEEZdpBrc

Robert
All,

I just released beta version 0.2. You can download it from my freshly setup website (also still in dev).

http://androidcdu.weebly.com/downloads.html

You can now configure to have Left, Centre or Right CDU on your android device. I also updated the manual.

Regards Robert
flomartin wrote
Hi !

I have installed the lastest beta on my Galaxy Note 8, Android 4.4.2, stock ROM.

Unfortunatly the app crashes on opening :(

Should I install a custom ROM ?

Hi,

Did you try the latest beta release(s)?
Do you see the image of the cdu after opening or don't you see anything at all.

Robert

Page: < 1 2 3 >

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software