Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

PSX Remote on Android

Page: 1 2 3 > »

Author Post
Hi,

So I started working on the Android version of my iPad app to control the CDU, but i'm having difficulties with the UI. If there are any Android developers out there who want to help me with getting the layout xml file perfectly arranged and working on different screen sizes let me know.

Thanks!
Felix
Hi !

I'm not a developer myself unfortunately, but I had bought a very good Android 737 FCU on the Play Store.

Perhaps could you contact its developer and ask him : support@virtualavionics.com.br ?

Here is the link of this application https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.virtualavionics.vcdu
Hi Felix,

I did some android developing in the past so I think I can help you if needed.

Robert
Great Robert!

Send me an email at felix [at] mobiledevgroup.com and i'll send you the assets and what i'm trying to accomplish.
Any news about the Android app ? :)
After only five days?

I picked up some work for Felix and sent my first version to him just a couple of minutes ago. I created the screens and buttons for phone and tablet but we have to integrate this in Felix's part of the code and do testing etc.. Please give us some time (my family needs me too :-)) but we are still working on it.

Robert
You have all the time you need :)

My rule is family first !

Just wanted to know if things were ok, and if you need a volunteer to beta test apk I would be more than happy to help :)
Robert and I are working on it...it's a lot more difficult than iPad because there are so many different devices to support.

The core of the app works (connection, CDU screen display...etc) the only thing that's not done yet is the UI.

Felix
Great !

It's true that so many Android devices are available, that must be really complicated, some of then don't even have the same ratio...

Good luck ! :)
... the eternal battle between "no differences" IT and "you have a choice" IT ... or whatever ...
Hello :)

Any news about the Android port ? :)

Can't wait to test it... Would be sooooo useful !

Good luck and thanks a lot for your hard work.
Nothing ? :)
I will check with Felix. I sent him the latest version of the visuals a week ago but haven't heard from him. These are his visuals so we have to wait for him.

Regards Robert
Great,

Thanks a lot for the update,

Florent
Hi :)

Any news about the app ?

Did you get the visuals ?

Can't wait !

Florent
Guys, i'm sorry but the Android port is delayed. I don't have time right now as I have some work projects that are taking up all my time. Once I get some break from work I will get back to this app.

Thanks
Felix
Thanks for the update.
Thanks for the update. At least it's not cancelled so that's now a so bad news :)
Any news of the Android port ? Perhaps for Xmas ? Would be a nice present ;)
I have the faint idea that Felixk2 needs to finish the "real work" projects before Xmas...
Yea too much real work...

Will probably be in early 2015.

Thanks
Felix
Hi !

I definitely don't want to harass anyone, moreover as I'm completely aware that plugins are genuine gifts from people who are kind enough to work on their free time for the sole satisfaction of having helped our little simmers community, but as Remote PSX on Android would really be extremely useful, I must ask : does someone know if the project is cancelled, or if it may eventually become available in the future ?

Cheers,

Xavier
I do hope it's not cancelled :)
I'm sorry guys, i don't have time to finish the android version. It's just too difficult given the tons of different screen sizes. When I originally built the iPad version it was easy because I just needed to support 2 sizes. But with Android it's a lot of effort, and between my day job and family I have no time to do it.

If anyone is willing to do it, and needs technical help to get started feel free to contact me and i'll do whatever I can.

Thanks
Felix

Page: 1 2 3 > »

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software