Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

PSX Remote (CDU Control from iPad) now available!

Page: < 1 2

Author Post
Let me add my THANKS for this gem of an app. I added a review, but don't see it yet, maybe they have to 'vet' reviews before posting them, we'll see.

just a note to those network non-savvy folks like me. The IP address can be found on the preferences....basics page.

Thanks again!!!!
Paul Benoit
Hi all,

I have an issue by connecting the IPAD (newest IOS 8 version) to the PSX running on a Macbook Pro.

The sever Address is 10.0.1.4
By typing another address I have immediately an error. :'(

By trying to connect it takes long time around 1min 15 sec. and then the disconnected from PSX Server message appears.

Of course the main server on PSX is activated.

When trying on my laptop with windows 7 it works great. 8)

Any hint for this issue ?

Thanks

Pascal
Firewall on the Mac is the first thing to look at.
Thanks a lot. It is working now by deactivating the firewall on the Mac.

Thank you very much.

Cheers.

Pascal :) :) :)
Now it works, I recommend to only open ports 10747 and 10748 into the aerowinx.jar application. This will restore the security that a working firewall provides. It has its uses.

Hoppie
Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers.

Pascal
:)
Thanks for this - I am downloading it now and will try it!

- Stekeller
VIDP (temporarily)
Still not able to get my iPad with PSX remote to connect (iMac running Yosemite and iOS 8 on iPad). Using IP from Preferences / Basics page & checked firewall off. Still getting the "Disconnected from PSX Server" message.

Ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Hello Felix,

Also very happy with your app! It's working flawlessly here. :)

One small suggestion - could you add the possibility in the future to rotate the whole CDU on the screen when using the iPad upside down?
I'm sometimes putting it upside down on my desk as it makes the access to the lightning port easier to charge it...

Regards,
Sylvain
App working here flawlessly also on an iPad with iOS 8.1 -> PSX 10.0.1 - THANKS Felix for a great addition to PSX. Helps a lot improving my poor setup.
Hi Arkady,

Here NOT using the Ipad but trying to think with you.

What you see in the Preferences should be... right, but I can imagine that it is not right (at this moment).

So is there 127.0.0.1 AND is PSX main server AND is in the network tab the Network ON ?

This is all I can think now.

Hessel
Capitaine' Hessel,

The Network selection was the missing piece! I think I was too busy looking through the network preferences on my Mac and overlooked it on the PSX panel. Anyway, thanks very much!

-Arkady
Brilliant idea and execution!

thanks Felix.

Scud
Can't get mine to work. Have IOS 8 on IPad. Have got the IP address from the pref page, got the 'start with main server on' and main network is on 10747. Still won't connect. Anything else I should be doing ? Am assuming PSX should be running.
'Start with main server on' refers to PSX start. If PSX is already running, connect the main server on Instructor > Network > Main.
Thanks Hardy
Hardy, as an aside, do you have access to current 747-400 drivers ? If not, a friend of mine flies one for United and I am sure he will be happy to assist with any questions now or in the future.
Did anybody have contact to felix2k recently? Unfortunately, his contact details are hidden, so I cannot write him a PM or email. Maybe, if you read these lines Felix I'd love to hear from you. I would like to build a CDU hardware and would be glad if you could share any experiences you had when developing PSX Remote.
« Last edit by Dennis B on Mon, 09 Feb 2015 09:27:00 +0000. »
HI,

Im not a networker (at least not technical). Can someone tell me how I can find the IP address of the PSX Server?

Thanks.

Nic
I am not in front of the computer, but from memory, it is somewhere in the network tab or preferences tab.

Stephane
Doesn't PSX tell you it's IP address in the Instructor station? It should be on the Network tab.

Just downloaded the app! Looks fantastic!

EDIT: It works brilliantly! Thank you!

Regarding the blanking - could you incorporate it app side until Hardy fixes PSX?
« Last edit by United744 on Sun, 15 Mar 2015 07:20:36 +0000. »
Thanks. Got it.
Cheers
Nic

Page: < 1 2

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software