Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

X-Plane - XView Ground Speed

Page: 1

Author Post
On another topic there has been some discussion of the requirement to have the groundspeed in X-Plane updated by XView so that XSquawkbox can pass it onto VATSIM.

There is good news and bad news:

- The bad news is that according to the SDK documentation the X-Plane dataref for groundspeed is read only. Therefore XView cannot update it.

- The good news is that I have been asked to do some coding to update XSquawkbox. I have been waiting several months for a draft NDA from VATSIM, but as yet it is not finalised. When I get to see the code, I will try to implement a route for XView to talk directly to XSquawkbox and update the groundspeed.

In the meantime I will add it to a wish list of features for Ben at LR.

Mike
mikeindevon wrote
I have been waiting several months for a draft NDA from VATSIM, but as yet it is not finalised.

:roll:
There is the same Groundspeed zero problem with X-Ivap and Xview on IVAO.
It is not limited to xsb and Vatsim.

Stephane
Hi Stephanie,

I would expect this as it is impossible for me to update X-Plane's internal value for groundspeed. I have written to Laminar Research asking if they can relax the read-only rule in a future release.

Mike
Ben Supnik at Laminar Research has agreed to put the zero ground speed on his list for future mods.

Mike
mikeindevon wrote
Ben Supnik at Laminar Research has agreed to put the zero ground speed on his list for future mods.

Mike

Thank you Mike for getting this on Ben's list!

Bernd

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software