Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Joystick with PS1 & XP ?

Page: 1

Author Post
Guys,

I have an old CH Flightstick Pro lying around somewhere.

Would it work with PS1 running on XP ?

I have a serial to usb adaptor to connect it to one of my laptop's USB ports.

Any tips much appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul.
Usually yes.

First make it work in XP, so that the Windows control panel correctly shows the stick and calibrates it. If you are satisfied with the operation, install PS1 and the 747 Installer on top http://www.hoppie.nl/747install/ . This combo will create "WinPS1" which is able to project your Windows stick into PS1, using the 747IPC Joystick Mapper.

Unfortunately I do not know the details of this Mapper, but plenty other people do. It works. :)

Jeroen
Thanks Jeroen.

Understood. Appreciate the info.

Cheers,

Paul. :D
Hi...also about joystick....and don't know if someone had ask before...

I've got a brand "Rockfire" joystick, does it complement with PS 1.3, and does 1.3 work on win vista?
Hi okd,

I am currently checking out some options.

I'm inclined to stick with CH products and am looking at purchasing their 'bundle' deal which includes 'Yoke', 'Throttle Quadrant' and 'Rudder Pedals' for around $500AUS.

I still have an old CH Flightstick Pro, but it is the serial port version and one of the buttons no longer works.

Time to upgrade.

Cheers,
Paul.
Buy it! I have the same bundle since several years...

Timo
Simpilot767 wrote
Buy it! I have the same bundle since several years...

Timo

Hi Timo,

Yes, I agree. looks great value.

Cheers,

Paul.
thanks a lot boys.......yep, have been keeping on the bundle deals at pc aviation..the aus site...
Hi all
Back to the 90s for a sec.... :)
Does anyone know a way to enlarge the window of WinPS1 while running PS1.3a in XP? The "standard" window is a bit too small on my screen, I've tried changing the resolution which does make it bigger but it doesn't look right.
thanks very much in advance :)
Dan
I vaguely remember there was a double setting somewhere in an .ini file that simply multiplied all pixels by two, horizontally and vertically, to increase the window size but of course not the resolution. It possibly is a variant on the displaysize=640x480. But it also sounds like this is exactly what you already tried?

Hoppie
Hi Hoppie,

I tried changing the screen resolution through control panel, the best graphics come with the highest setting 1680x1050 which gives the best graphics (closest to how PS1 looks on my prehistoric setup) but just too small for comfort. 1280x800 is better but no longer as clear, and still a bit small.

I don't know if that has the same effect as the .ini file you described. Would you happen to still have it lying around somewhere? :)

D
The .ini can be found in the winps1 directory; the line should, if I remember well, be changed into

displaysize=800x600

See also:
http://perso.numericable.com/pierre.theillere/WinPS1-setup.txt

Hoppie
I have a vague, very distant memory of an HP laptop running XP that had a BIOS (or was it in a setup menu?) parameter that would automatically rescale many things to fit the screen. IIRC, this was important to providing full-screen, very enjoyable image quality for PS1.

I hope this ancient memory is somehow helpful in stimulating a useful direction of investigation and that it somehow helps in spite of its vagueness and possible irrelevance!

Phil Bunch

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software