Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Live - Shared flight deck now?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 > »

Author Post
Anyone on board for a live session via Internet now?

Say, from now on until 1600 UTC.

My server address is xxxxxxxxxx
Port 10747

Enter some malfunctions, please. I'm handflying ...

|-|ardy
« Last edit by Hardy Heinlin on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 16:14:20 +0000. »
Let's use this thread whenever anyone is offering to be the server for a round or two.
Who gave me that nice engine failure? :-)

Please excuse my shaky rudder work; I'm using a logitech stick :-)
3 clients connected now.

Who wants to fly now?

Hello! Please identify :-) Who's connected?
Hi,
I gave you the engine failure. Sorry can not fly further
have to watch for the children befor they destroy the house.
Perhaps another day
Cheers
OK. Good night :-) I'm off too.
I was on for a couple of minutes around 16:15 Z - I also gave you an engine failure - I noted just before I logged off that you apprently made a successful landing with all engines failed?

Jim Barrett
Hi boys!

Tonight a flight from TFFR to SKBO is planned, ETD 1710, and ETA 1930. Feel free to monitor it on 212.198.143.235 port 10748 it's in "read-only" mode, so you will only be a pax... but a good way to try you PSx as a client, and maybe your external visuals! Maybe then you need a PSx on your setup (as a main client from me), acting a a boost server for you. So, enjoy and welcome onboard: if you use John's SimSwitch or AdaptPSx, you'll have the chat tool...
JRBarrett wrote
I was on for a couple of minutes around 16:15 Z - I also gave you an engine failure - I noted just before I logged off that you apprently made a successful landing with all engines failed?

Jim Barrett

No, only engine Nr. 4 had fallen.
D......t - missed Hardy's session but I am online with Pierre now with his number 2 out :lol:
Pierre, you still have that lightning strike from your last flight unreset on the Elec malfunction page :-)
Trying to chat but none else is there.., - anyone online? :)
Engine 2 is restarted now. What happened to that engine?
Hi Hardy!

Thanks for the heads-up: it was probably a remaining from a lightning strike I had on a previous flight! Air France maintenance did a good job inflight, soon overflying Caracas (SVMI). ETA SKBO 1940z, with thunderstorms, ZIP 1H for ILS 13L...
I am online now, but seems I am alone :?
Hi guys!

I see I have 6 passengers onboard, including 2 using SimSwitch! There's a chatting tool with John's software... just click "chat" on lower-right corner and... chat together! Still 45mn to go till landing now, things are to become more interesting!
I am on simswitch with chat but no others there..
I am on simswitch with chat too, but not others there :|
On my screen Pieere is cruising at FL360 with all engines idle, - Left CDU screen off or blacked out... Perhaps something wrong with connection, - too many clients perhaps ? :shock:
« Last edit by Kurt on Thu, 14 Aug 2014 19:20:47 +0000. »
Yes cruising at FL360 but all engines at 95 N1. Seems everything normal so far. Left CDU is sometimes blacked out when he changes something I think.
And I am not in boost modus.
Hi falconeye and Flygenring!

Welcome in Bogota: hope you enjoyed the approach and landing (233 fpm touchdown sinkrate) and very fast groundspeed due to altitude, it was really impressive in short final.
Sorry for the long taxi-in, the airport is quite huge and I had to vacated rwy 13L via A, as I had (but short) missed J high-speed exit! We're parked gate 29, enjoy your stay in Colombia, thanks for riding with us, and cya!
Hi Pierre,
yes I saw, was a very fast approach! Thanks for taking me to Bogota.
But when can I leave? To dangerous country for my taste.
Cya
Flygenring wrote
On my screen Pieere is cruising at FL360 with all engines idle, - Left CDU screen off or blacked out... Perhaps something wrong with connection, - too many clients perhaps ? :shock:

Hmmm. This concerns me...

I think though it's a result of deliberate design... Note that although Pierre is in read only mode, the current iteration of SimSwitch wont stop you changing things in your ship, it just doesn't pass the changes to Pierre. Your ship changes will only get overwritten when it changes again on Pierres end.

This was deliberate to ensure 'bad' clients don't interact in any way with the DataStream, or require any resources to service them.

I am thinking about implementing an additional option in SimSwitch that will force the client back in sync when in read mode... but say you constantly send 'throttle at zero'... SimSwitch has to constantly send back the actual position. Spamarama!
Morning John.

Yes that was in my mind also. I tried to restart every thing to get a "fresh" set of complete variables from Pierre but as you said its a oneway comm in read only mode :)

PS: There is a fresh mail in your inbox :)

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 > »

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software