Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

Operations Manuel as Paper-back

Page: 1

Author Post
How can you divide the PDF file, or better which program I would need?

Thanks and cheers
That's a great price vs what I found at Staples in the USA - per their web pages, IIRC they want 0.42 US dollars per color page. I assume this high rate is because they are using color ink jet printers in which expensive ink may be used.

Phil Bunch
The most straightforward way to divide a PDF file into two halves is to print it twice to PDF. Often (not always) your computer comes with a PDF pseudo-printer. If not, I recommend CutePDF Writer.

Hoppie
Ok, thanks Hoppie.
I have Adobe Acrobat XI Pro version. It will do many things to PDF files, including splitting a document, as long as the PDF permissions are not restrictive.

After I receive my copy of PSX next week I will try to remember to test the user manual PDF and learn if Acrobat XI is happy doing things like splitting up a user's copy into multiple sections.

Unfortunately, Adobe Acrobat is fairly expensive. It also has more bugs than I would like to see. Hoppie's solution should be even simpler, of course.

Hardy will have to tell us if it's OK to mess with his manual before I would attempt anything, of course.

Phil Bunch
The PDF is not optimized for CMYK printing. It is optimized for RGB monitor reading. If you print this PDF, the result on the paper won't look professional. 65 Euro is a lot for a print that won't look professional.

Maybe we will produce an extra print manual next year or so. Maybe. Or maybe not. If you can wait, then wait. If it's urgent, print a semi-professional copy now.

Regards,

|-|ardy
Hardy Heinlin wrote
The PDF is not optimized for CMYK printing. It is optimized for RGB monitor reading. If you print this PDF, the result on the paper won't look professional. 65 Euro is a lot for a print that won't look professional.

Maybe we will produce an extra print manual next year or so. Maybe. Or maybe not. If you can wait, then wait. If it's urgent, print a semi-professional copy now.

Regards,

|-|ardy

dont use the same company as in the past lol .... they dont do that much such good 744 manuals those days lol .

Phil
Hardy Heinlin wrote

Hardy, I'm reopening an old subject here from last August, but have you had any further thoughts on producing a print version of the Operations Manual?

Thanks.

744kid
No, there will be no print version. I think the demand is nearly zero.

Regards,

|-|ardy
Fair enough, Hardy. Thanks for the prompt answer.

744kid
I am thinking about buy the PSX and would like to have a printed manual,so what is the best way to print the PDF so it looks professorial.
I like having a printed manual when I am in front my computer.

JeffG

Page: 1

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software