Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Page: « < ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > »

Author Post
Thx Mike,

anyway, I'll find that myself in about 2hrs...

Do you have any feedback for when your XView is used with SkyMaxx Pro ? I don't know ifI am going to install it this turn, because I guess it might be problematic when I updarte XP10..., but I would like to see how the new Cb look ...

Also going to find out if the tool I am now using with FSX, borderless windows, as suggested by Gerd at another thread, will finally allow me to dimension the XP10 window the way I want. Until now the smalest I can get is arounf 2 /3 of the monitor height.
« Last edit by jcomm on Sun, 26 Oct 2014 21:37:03 +0000. »
Hi, I am experiencing problems with x-view: it seems I can't complete a flight without the dreaded "couldn't complete an asynchronous load" x-plane error or something like that. Is that happenng to anyone else?

Tnx

Andrea
This happens when xp decides it is taking too long to load the scenery. I have seen this for example when xp starts first and begins to load scenery from its previous session, but then PSX starts up at a different location and the xp scenery load starts all over again.

I have never seen it during a flight. It is an xp issue as xview doesn 't load any scenery. Try running with less complex scenery or putting the scenery on a SSD. Don't use high values of time acceleration over complex scenery areas.

Mike
And... load XP after PSX is loaded and at the situ you want to sart from IS active...
« Last edit by jcomm on Mon, 27 Oct 2014 07:18:00 +0000. »
Hello Mike,

after some time I finally could do some testing with different controllers.

Conclusion: weirdness
One controller saw my altitude, but only sometimes. A second one only saw my climb rate, no altitude.
Changes in the filed transponder didn't do anything (C or S).

Frustrated I tried searching the X-Ivap plugin for datarefs and found the following that I think are related to altitude:

sim/flightmodel/misc/h_ind
sim/cockpit/misc/barometer_setting
sim/flightmodel/position/elevation
sim/flightmodel/position/y_agl

The last two are only readable, so maybe X-Ivap uses the h_ind one as you guessed earlier.

If I can find another controller that is open to testing (the first session lasted an hour or so) I'll try to set h_ind.
Thanks to another very nice controller we just found out that X-Ivap uses the h_ind for altitude reporting.

Unfortunately some pressure calculations must also occur, just converting the meters from "elevation" to feet in "h_ind" is not enough. E.g.
40000 feet @ 1013hP shown on the PSX instruments
12192 meters in "elevation" from X-Plane, converted to ~40000 feet for "h_ind" by my LUA script

Controller sees FL365 on his screen.

I'm too sleepy atm to look for the right formula, just wanted to report some progress thanks to help & patience from a controller.
seems I found an error in my calculation.

Use ".", not ",". :D 8)

Testing in the next few days.
Unfortunately something is preventing Skytrack from tracking my flights correctly (please see here http://forum.flyuk.aero/topic/1005287-xplane-support/)

is there a solution to this?
Hi all, Ive just downloaded RealTraffic and enabled PSX injection in Xview. But no planes are appearing in Xplane.
GodAtum wrote
Hi all, Ive just downloaded RealTraffic and enabled PSX injection in Xview. But no planes are appearing in Xplane.

How many aircraft have you got XView to display? I have it set to 7.

I did manage to fly into some aircraft (and crash) using the YSSY approach situ with PSX.

Unfortunately now I am sitting on hold to runway 16R and do not see any aircraft landing despite PSX and RealTraffic operating correctly.
OmniAtlas wrote
GodAtum wrote

How many aircraft have you got XView to display? I have it set to 7.

I did manage to fly into some aircraft (and crash) using the YSSY approach situ with PSX.

Unfortunately now I am sitting on hold to runway 16R and do not see any aircraft landing despite PSX and RealTraffic operating correctly.

Same. there is a new non-beta relase however so will test that. Fingers crossed!
Anyone have any issues with displaying tcas alerts from xp10 AI aircraft?

I have psx traffic set to external and the Xview plugin to use XP traffic (set at 7) but still no TCAS alerts.
Do you see the traffic in PSX?
Hardy Heinlin wrote
Do you see the traffic in PSX?

Yes I do. Not sure if there is a similar issue with Xview as in VisualPSX.
So you see the traffic in PSX -- on the windshield and on the ND.

You expect a TCAS alert. Is there a reason for an alert? Are you on a collision course?
Hardy Heinlin wrote
So you see the traffic in PSX -- on the windshield and on the ND.

You expect a TCAS alert. Is there a reason for an alert? Are you on a collision course?

My apologies for the confusion. I do not see any TCAS notification (blips), or any traffic on the windshield or the ND in PSX. TFC is enabled on the EFIS, and the transponder is set to RA/TA.

I can see aircraft taking off and landing in XP10 (I am using Morten's AI - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/437933-an-easy-guide-to-populating-x-plane-10-with-ai-aircraft-for-new-x-plane-users/ )

Regards,

Ben
OmniAtlas wrote
I can see aircraft taking off and landing in XP10 (I am using Morten's AI - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/437933-an-easy-guide-to-populating-x-plane-10-with-ai-aircraft-for-new-x-plane-users/ )

Regards,

Ben

Sorry for the stupid question, but what happens if the traffic is a plane not included in Morten's AI packages (eg a dash)?
Hi GodAtrum,

You can only add aircraft which are included the package. Right now I populated XP with 747, 737, a320 and a380.
« Last edit by OmniAtlas on Fri, 06 Feb 2015 00:41:30 +0000. »
OmniAtlas wrote
Hi GodAtrum,

You can only add aircraft which are included the package. Right now I populated XP with 747, 737, a320 and a380.

So if realtraffic sends a Dash, it wont display in Xplane?
I am unsure about realtraffic, haven't tried yet. Worth experimenting on your end.

Are you able to see TCAS blips on the ND Chris?

I have been unable to get it to work with Xsquawkbox (vatsim), or default AI traffic. I will experiment with IVAO.
RealTraffic doesn't send the type to PSX. PSX does not know a type, apart from slots 1,3 and 5 (I think, details elsewhere by Hardy) being airbuses, as shown by the strobe double flash.

If you want to inject traffic type, your traffic plugins need to listen to UDP port 49002 and inject the traffic received there. RealTraffic broadcasts those packets when the broadcast checkbox is ticked. That would be better anyway, as that is not limited to 7.

Cheers

- Balt
Hi, without using Realtraffic and just setting a high-conflight loop in PSX, I can see the traffic on the ND fine. But nothing appears in Xplane, even though I have set xview to PSX traffic.

With realtraffic, the same happens.
GodAtum wrote
Hi, without using Realtraffic and just setting a high-conflight loop in PSX, I can see the traffic on the ND fine. But nothing appears in Xplane, even though I have set xview to PSX traffic.

With realtraffic, the same happens.

I'm still looking for a solution, and further experimenting (attempting to inject XP traffic into PSX); pls let me know if you come across one Chris (or anyone).

Thank you,

Ben
Hello,

sorry for me bad englisch.

http://666kb.com/i/cwgrnnmfsbts36it9.jpg

X-Plane 10.35

the Plugin is in the Airplane PSX Plane\plugins\XView\64\win.xpl

whats is wrong :'(
Hello,

what exactly do you consider to be wrong? Is the nose gear collapsed in X-Plane, and not collapsed in PSX?

Regards,

|_|ardy

Page: « < ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > »

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software