Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... > »

Author Post
Hi,
Xview is only for windows or there will exist a version for Mac?
@+
See thread PSX on Mac scenery options
Hi,

im getting a crash when loading xplane:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: X-Plane.exe
Application Version: 10.3.0.8
Application Timestamp: 53e3345e
Fault Module Name: win.xpl
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 52eb1ca6
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000035004
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: c952
Additional Information 2: c952ec7afd280c0ce7a9b7e224e601cb
Additional Information 3: b345
Additional Information 4: b3457953e065a0c11c4bd2ce205a6e30
« Last edit by on Sat, 09 Aug 2014 00:30:01 +0000. »
Thank You very much for this wonderfull add on, it works very nice .
Ivo
GodAtum wrote
Hi,
im getting a crash when loading xplane:

Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of XView, which was uploaded a couple of weeks ago. See XView release notes on the ftp server.
« Last edit by mikeindevon on Sat, 09 Aug 2014 08:46:45 +0000. »
Hi Tercio,

Good suggestion. I will update the manual.

Mike
X-Plane 10.3 beta 8 has been released by Laminar Research which includes a fix for the long-standing Botany Bay problem and many other scenery updates.

http://developer.x-plane.com/

Mike
Hi Mike!

And XView v1.01 has been fully tested OK with that same X-Plane 10.30b8 since yesterday evening! So: all good...
Hi Mike,

Much better is if "PSX Plane" already includes the 2 plugins (32 and 64 bits) inside the zip with the structure that i told. Then the installation will be only unzip the zip file to the x-plane aircraft folder (nothing more). As simple as that, no need to rename files and copy separate files.

Best regards

Tercio
One slight problem with that is the size of the PSX Plane file. At getting on for 100Mb, it is a lot to download for any update of an imbedded XView.xpl. Again, a good idea though.
GodAtum wrote
I'm getting a crash when loading xplane.

Has your problem now gone away?

Mike
mikeindevon wrote
GodAtum wrote
I'm getting a crash when loading xplane.

Has your problem now gone away?

Mike

yes i ahd to delte xsqwuarkbox
There was a problem with V1.00 if the number of traffic planes was greater than 6, although it says max is 7 in the user guide.

V1.01 corrects that and limits the number of planes to seven in XView. Do you see the problem with 1.01 and XSquawkbox?

Mike
mikeindevon wrote
There was a problem with V1.00 if the number of traffic planes was greater than 6, although it says max is 7 in the user guide.

V1.01 corrects that and limits the number of planes to seven in XView. Do you see the problem with 1.01 and XSquawkbox?

Mike

My experience has been that XSquawkbox is rather unstable and crash-prone in XP10.30.x 64-bit, no matter what other plugins may be installed. I have problems with it even if it is the only non-default plugin. Hopefully the new Vatsim client under development ("Swift") will solve that problem.
Hi Mike,

to avoid that, use the zip of the aircraft related to the x-plane folder root.

When you unzip it to x-plane root it creates:

aircraft/PSX Plane/

and the a separated zip with only plugin that goes to that airplane but related also to x-plane root:

aricraft\PSX Plane\plugins\XView\

then you will have 2 separated zips that we only need to unzip them to the root of x-plane and after that we will have the aircraft and the plugin in the correct place. when need for a update of only the plugin only download the plugin zip and unzip to root and replace the files.

best regards
i am having issues with Xplane views. Everytime I click on layout 1, 2 or 3 the view in Xplane changes. I have disabled the numpad views.

Also clouds keep popping in and out. Not sure if there is a clash between xplane and PSX weather?

And can I download new liveries for the special 747 model?
« Last edit by GodAtum on Sun, 10 Aug 2014 13:39:02 +0000. »
XPlane Views - Read section 7 of the XView User Guide. Side views are a feature, but you can turn them off if you want to.

Clouds - Can you be more specific. Nobody else has raised this as a problem.

Liveries - PSX Plane is a substantial modification of the X-Plane stock 747-400 United, although the shape of the plane has not changed. Texture files have been enhanced using Photoshop to provide better lighting effects. You would loose this if you changed the livery.

If you have another livery file you could edit the texture files in Photoshop to replace the livery image - but there is a steep learning curve for this stuff. If you can put it on a server that I can access, I will have a look and see whether or not it is feasible.
Hi GodAtum!

For liveries, all the ones designed for X-Plane 10's default 747 are fully fine for XView's "PSX Plane". I have 10-15 ones in the "liveries" folder of "PSX Plane" (mostly found on x-plane.org website) and all's OK.
But I admit I very rarely watch the airplane from outside...
For disabling the remote X-Plane wiews switching from PSx layout change, I confirm it works, just (un)check it from XView plugin options. Just restart X-Plane in cars your choice doesn't seem to follow...
Clouds popping in? PSx is the master for weather, so disable X-Plane "real weather" (from quickflight setup). Clouds may be popping out and back in when PSx reloads METARs if you're using real weather within PSx.
Pierre Theillere wrote
Hi GodAtum!

For liveries, all the ones designed for X-Plane 10's default 747 are fully fine for XView's "PSX Plane". I have 10-15 ones in the "liveries" folder of "PSX Plane" (mostly found on x-plane.org website) and all's OK.
But I admit I very rarely watch the airplane from outside...
For disabling the remote X-Plane wiews switching from PSx layout change, I confirm it works, just (un)check it from XView plugin options. Just restart X-Plane in cars your choice doesn't seem to follow...
Clouds popping in? PSx is the master for weather, so disable X-Plane "real weather" (from quickflight setup). Clouds may be popping out and back in when PSx reloads METARs if you're using real weather within PSx.

Thanks for the info. How do i disable Xplane weather entirely?

I just need the correct liveries for online flying :)
Hi Pierre,

Using another livery you will loose some of the modifications I made to the texture files.

Mike
I believe that your own local "real" livery is not necessarily the one that other people online see, right? What syncs up the livery? Just a name somewhere in SquawkBox?

Hoppie
GodAtum,

I never said to disable X-Plane weather, I wrote about disabling X-Plane real-world weather.
As already said, the easiest way to change that, is from "QuickFlight setup" (click with your finger on the left mouse button, putting the mouse arrow on the checkbox to uncheck the "use real weather"), but obviously you can change it from... the weather menu. (same method for clicking)
I will wait for people to make compatible livery :)

cant wait to get a 2nd PC, running Xplane in windowed mode halves my FPS!
Hi Tercio,

I have tried out your suggestion for the placement of the XView folder in the PSX Plane plugin folder and of course it works as you say it should.

One slight snag is that if you then change from the PSX plane to another, the XView plugin is still in the plugin menu. If you attempt to open its settings window, you crash X-Plane - obviously because it is trying to call a .dll that doesn't exist.

Sure it is a silly thing to do, but I don't want to give the opportunity for users to crash X-Plane. It's a shame because I liked the idea.

Mike

Page: < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... > »

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software