PSX + X-Plane for scenery

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

Author Post
« Last edit by mikeindevon on Tue, 08 Jul 2014 18:21:06 +0000. »
Thanks Mike, this are wonderfull news!

Best regards

Vito
Hi Mike.

Great news - seems I need to buy X-plane besides PSX. Have downloaded the demo and like the fluidity over FSX although I find the "look" of FSX more natural.

Thank you for contributing to the community!

BR

Kurt
The XView User Guide is now available at ftp://larkshayes.com.

Username : xview@larkshayes.com
Password : 747Pilot

The software will be loaded in the same place later in July.

Mike
Thx Mike,

I wpuld love to have X-plane as a scenery generator.
Great work!

Roel
Sounds good!
Many thanks
Carl
Wow amazing, really looking forward to testing it out.

I am confused about the multi-pilot setup. I will have 2 PCs (a PSX PC running all the avionics for the Captain and FO, and another PC running Xplane for visuals). However your diagram does not seem to make that possible?
Hello GodAtum!

The diagrams (as there are 2 diagrams, not one) show the multi-USER setup! For a multi-COMPUTER setup (with a single user), it's obviously possible, simply pointing XView towards PSx (Main and Boost) server IP address.
Thanks for your answer :)

Regarding weather, I guess Xview overrides any Xplane settings?

How well does Xview cope with 3 projectors on a curved screen?
GodAtum,

- weather: please read the XView manual. Answer's there.
- 3 projectors: that's a question for any X-Plane forum; or try the demo by yourself.
GodAtum wrote
Regarding weather, I guess Xview overrides any Xplane settings?

Sorry I did not make myself clear. I was trying to clarify the sentance in the manual: "XView treats PSX as the master for weather". Does that mean Xview overrides the Xplane settings?
GodAtum wrote
Does that mean Xview overrides the Xplane settings?

Yes. This was decided because the weather affects the flight model, which of course is provided by PSX. The wind has little effect on the scenery, except the direction of windsocks on the ground and snow. The specification of the weather is rather different in the two systems so the mapping of PSX weather onto X-Plane is not exact. Not all XP weather variables are modified. However, the approach I have taken works well enough.

Mike
Thanks Mike.

Sounds awesome!

- Stekeller
KORD
Fantastic Mike! This is going to be my compliment to PSX. I've got X-Plane waiting!
Thank you very much, Mike.

XPX will be my choice for PSX scenery generation: sloped runways, runway offsets matching PSX, no microstutters, 64-bit code, free & up-to-date OSM data integration with World2Xplane, a huge freeware airport coverage and many assets more. Have been using the sim for quite a time now, and it steadily becomes better.
Choice is good! :-)
Hello,

Just checking the username and password for the link provided were still active as I couldn't get in.

Cheers
AndrewT
Hi Andrew,

It works ok. Remember to put the following in your browser address:
ftp://larkshayes.com

You will then be asked for the username and password:
username : xview@larkshayes.com
pw: 747Pilot

Let me know how you get on.

Mike
The full software package is now up on my server (details of login above).
Please let me know of any issues.

Mike
Thanks so much Mike! Now I just need PSX!
A small update (Version 1.01) has been placed on the server, which corrects a fault with more than 6 traffic planes. The maximum is 7.

You need only download the appropriate XView[nn].xpl file and the updated documentation.

Mike
Hi Mike,

I downloaded XView and installed the plugin in 64-bit XP 10.25 in anticipation of the arrival of PSX (I am hoping it will be delivered in the next few days, as I pre-ordered from Aerosoft).

Anyway, fired up X-Plane with the plugin installed, obviously without PSX being present to drive it. Did note a few unusual things. Without PSX present to inject weather data into XView, X-Plane loads with the visibility set to 0.06sm, temperature at 32 F/0C, and barometric pressure at 00.00 in/hg! I assume this is because it is looking for the current weather from PSX.

I know that the instruction manual for XView states that PSX should be up and running BEFORE X-Plane is started - but the results I saw would seem to indicate that one cannot run X-Plane (with XView installed) in a non-PSX session - i.e. that one would have to move the plugin out of the X-Plane /resources/plugin folder whenever planning to run X-Plane normally... and only have plugin present when planning to use XP as a scenery generator for PSX?

It's no big problem to do that, but just wanted to know if the strange weather injection apparently coming from XView is to be expected when the plugin is running without PSX being present.
Hi JR,

You are right. I wouldn't run an XView session without PSX. To work XView must disable lots of things within X-Plane, the flight model for instance. Also PSX Plane has had stuff removed that is not needed in an XView session.

I simply rename win.xpl to nowin.xpl. Saves moving stuff around.

Mike
mikeindevon wrote
Hi JR,

You are right. I wouldn't run an XView session without PSX. To work XView must disable lots of things within X-Plane, the flight model for instance. Also PSX Plane has had stuff removed that is not needed in an XView session.

I simply rename win.xpl to nowin.xpl. Saves moving stuff around.

Mike

Ah! I shall do just that. Thanks for your work in creating this interface - can't wait to try it with PSX!

Jim Barrett
If you still have the low visibility etc with PSX running, you may need to go into the PSX weather screen and change something to cause PSX to update X-Plane's weather.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... > »

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software