Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

VisualPSX Suite released

Page: « < ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > »

Author Post
same here...
don't know how many packets should be sent/received.
I'm runninng VisualPSX/PSX/P3D on the same machine and get these stutters especially in turns. Situation is similar: 70FPS in P3D constant 72 in PSX.
Only tip I have: don't connect clients after starting VisualPSX - makes situation worse (at least in my setup). besides that great piece(s) of software - would be great if it would run smoothly...
br
Mark
I guess the graph was showing wrong... The numerical values show around 78,xxx received packets per second and around 40,xxx packets sent per second.

In any case, I've tried a lot of things, even disabled nagle from the Windows 7 registry, but everything is very stuttery.

What I'd like to know is if everyone has this kind of stuttery visual, or is it supposed to be butter smooth?
I have a same issue guys. Very powerful FSX computer which runs FSX alone at 40 average FPS with full details, never stuttering. But with Visual PSX I get these stutters also.

Cheers,
I have finally gotten my system using P3D, PSX and VirtualPSX to the best I can and without noticeable stuttering or noise distortion.

What I did was in P3D use the default F35 Lightning 11, and in settings push all the sound sliders to zero and with all 3 programs running I hit the W key in P3D so that that I don't see the virtual cockpit or HUD in the F35 only outside (directly ahead scenery) which on my system is magnificent.

Naturally if I was to venture out of the aircraft using S key the main problem as discussed in

http://aerowinx.de/forum/topic.php?id=2060 remains. Hopefully Garry may assist on his return.

Hope this is of so assistance. Let us know if anyone tries it.

Regards

Noel Southam
noels7
noels7@bigpond.net.au
YPAD
ahaka wrote
What I'd like to know is if everyone has this kind of stuttery visual, or is it supposed to be butter smooth?

Have you tried different settings on
Instructor > Preferences > Basics
under:

Frame rate limit - FPS:
48/3 _ 60/3 _ 48/2 _ 60/2 _ 72

?

(Hover the mouse over an object on this page to show tooltips with descriptions.)

Maybe a lower boost server FPS and more interpolations in the addon will improve the smoothness?

Please ignore this hint if it has been mentioned before. I haven't read all comments in this thread.

Regards,

|-|ardy
Good hint HH,

yesterday while I was testing with P3D v1.4 and PSX, I thought about experimenting with other FPS settings ( 60/2? 48/3 ? )

BTW: For those setting AffinityMask in p3d.cfg, maybe this is not a good idea when running PSX in the same PC, at least in the case of an i5 without HT!
« Last edit by jcomm on Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:25:19 +0000. »
Hardy Heinlin wrote
ahaka wrote

Have you tried different settings on
Instructor > Preferences > Basics
under:

Frame rate limit - FPS:
48/3 _ 60/3 _ 48/2 _ 60/2 _ 72

I thought of this, and tried it, but it didn't change anything. The problem probably needs to wait for Garry to return to be resolved. In the meantime, I'm using X-plane. It's working real well.
Just to feed-back, I tried to make a fresh Windows and FSX / PSX / Visual PSX installation with hard disk format on my 2 computers. I cannot make a fresher install. The problems I reported before (stutters, PSX and FSX time synchronization only sometimes, Traffic PSX not showing FSX traffic within PSX) are still here. Nothing has changed :'(

Configs :

PC1 : FSX on I7 Extreme 3960X @4,8Ghz, W7 ultimate 64Bits, 16Gb RAM

PC2 : PSX server/boost and Visual PSX on Core2Quad Q9550, Vista 32Bits, 2Gb RAM
Also tried with W7 32Bits on this computer, same problems.
JP744 wrote
I have a same issue guys. Very powerful FSX computer which runs FSX alone at 40 average FPS with full details, never stuttering. But with Visual PSX I get these stutters also.

Cheers,

Here the same ... :-[

Nico
Is there a way to get VisualPX to send the simulated time\date to FSX? I think at this point it sends Simulator Time\Date that maybe different than the Time\Date you are trying to simulate....
Garry ,

What a great piece of software one issue is the fsx keeps jerking and is not running smooth any ideas
Kev
Hi all,

Sorry, I am unable to reproduce the time sync problem and can't think of any cause.

In my system the FSX date and time follow PSX correctly when a new situation is loaded, when copying the real world UTC to simulated UTC and when changing the date or time using the sliders on the Situation/Time tab. It even works properly when I have FSUIPC set to synchronise the FSX time and to use the FSX computer's system time.

(I don't use FSUIPC except for testing that my software continues to work when FSUIPC is running. You don't need FSUIPC in order to use VisualPSX or TrafficPSX.)

Likewise I don't see any jerkiness or stuttering on my system and other users report a very smooth experience so I can only suggest general things such as:

Use the default FSX 747 aircraft, not a complex one like PMDG.

If you are using P3D and don't have FSX to copy the default aircraft across you can download boeing747-400er.zip from Flightsim. It is an improved default FSX 747-400 that includes all the files. I have tried this in FSX and it works fine with VisualPSX so it should work ok in P3D.

Use the 2D cockpit display, not the virtual cockpit.

Hide all the cockpit panels so you only see the outside view.

Ensure that any firewall and security software is not interfering with VisualPSX communications.

Try setting the CPU affinity mask and hyperthreading for FSX using the [JOBSCHEDULER] addition to fsx.cfg.

I hope these suggestions help.

Garry,

it runs very smooth now on my rig. Also had no sync problems with gear and weather on last night tests :-)

I have included in FSX.CFG the:

[Main]
DisablePreload=1

"tweak" because I was beginning to suspect that those losses of sync were somehow related with fsx loading the default flight with the default options I had for weather and time ( ? ).

Thx for the support and excellent app !

G'day Garry,

first off... thanks very much for the updates to your software suite.

VisualPSX is working perfectly on my system now. Weather injection is stable and I appreciate the ability to fix the arrival offset application to my FMC arrival airport.

I still cannot get FSX traffic to appear in PSX though??

Confirming I am running version Version 5408 of TrafficPSX. I have tested the software running PSX, FSX and your software on the same machine and also with FSX running on a remote machine. The results described below are identical in both configurations.

To troubleshoot.

1) TrafficPSX starts-up correctly and connects with no problems to both PSX and FSX both when connecting on the one machine or across my LAN. PSX Network and Boost servers both confirmed running.
2) Confirm in TrafficPSX `Communication' that FSX -> PSX traffic is selected on.
2) In PSX Instructor settings I confirm that `Traffic' is selected to `Externally Controlled'.
3) In PSX I have a scenario loaded in a taxi configuration (IE IRS aligned, avionics all set for departure, and TA/RA selected on my transponder. I ensure `TFC' is selected on my ND (and shows TA only displayed as would be expected in that configuration).
4) I wait until some AI traffic starts to show up in FSX... but cannot see it displayed in PSX. BTW I am running native FSX traffic and no other addons are being used.)

This is prob is consistent (ie I never get any FSX traffic displayed).

Hope this is of use... Thanks again for all your efforts.. the added enjoyment/immersion your software has added to PSX is amazing.

cheers
Scud!
« Last edit by ScudRunner on Sat, 01 Nov 2014 00:03:36 +0000. »
Hi Scud,

Thanks for your kind comments. I am very pleased that my software is enhancing users' experience with PSX, the best 747-400 simulator on the market!

I am testing TrafficPSX as I write, with PSX holding at YSSY 16R and FSX AI traffic enabled. It's all working as expected, including aircraft landing on 16R right in front of PSX. The AI aircraft are visible in FSX and are showing correctly on the PSX ND display all the way to the ground. TFC and TA ONLY are also displayed and toggling the TFC button on the EFIS panel also toggles the traffic display.

Sorry I can't be of more help. I can't think of anything that would stop TrafficPSX sending traffic to PSX, except perhaps other addons connected to FSX via SimConnect.

Cheers,

Hi Garry,

Garry Richards wrote
VisualPSX disables slew mode when it connects to FSX and re-enables it when shutting down, so I don't know why you should have lost the groundspeed temporarily.

hope you don't mind if I bring this topic up, again.

I did a couple of flights during the last few days and I, too, still have trouble with the ground speed in FSX. (I am connecting to FSX + Accel., running on the same machine as PSX does.)

Since the last 3 flights were done online you can clearly see the results: (see the green line in the plot)

https://vatstats.net/flights/1145532 OTBD-OMDB - everything works fine

https://vatstats.net/flights/1150343 YSSY-YBCS - note the occasional ground speed dropouts

https://vatstats.net/flights/1155426 RJCC-UHPP - most of the time, ground speed is shown as 0 (not good)

When I show the red-font parameter display in FSX (by pressing Shift-Z (or Shift-Y in English Keyboards), I clearly see that the FSX speed is 0 kts. So, this is not related to any FSX add-on software. I see it with Squawkbox and vPilot, I see it in my moving map software (via FSUIPC + WideFS), the ground speed drops to 0. Sometimes occassionally and sometimes continously.

VisualPX is the latest build (5415 I think), so is PSX (Alpha 33 and 34).

Actually the last 3 flights were done without rebooting (using standby of Win7 during the night) so expect for the PSX alpha version everything should be identical for the last three flights.

Any ideas? Anything I could do?

Thanks a lot,
Markus
Guys,

Hope not to disturb the discussion about this important problem.

But nevertheless:

Can the problem be related to the option: " Pause on task switch" in FSX.
When changing focus from FSX to PSX, I can imagine that such influences the Ground Speed interpretation ?
Just to mention it for " you never know"....

Hessel
Markus,

Thanks for the explanatory graphs. I won't be able to try to duplicate this effect for a week or so. It may be an artifact of my method of computing ground speed or it could be due to some external influence such as Hessel (thanks Hessel) has suggested above.

Cheers,

Markus/ Garry,

Still thinking about the missing GS.

Is caused by the fact that about 15 years ago I did IVAO flying, and frequently I was the only one ... with a missing GS.
One time I was removed from the network, but after telling the controllers of my problem in the flightplan...(pure realism..), the ocean was free....:-).

I vlew.. with several PC's and WideView and the problem was that I didn't have the same weather on all PC's / monitors. This was solved with a very small program PCProxy (http://pcproxy.soft112.com/download.html). PCProxy connected to IVAO and the other client PC's were so indirectly informed .. by IVAO about the weather via PCProxy. Since this were WideView clients, behaving in more or less the same way as the VisualPSX slave the problem was probably caused by this arrangement.
May be this gives you idea's of what could be happening ?

Another suggestion may be this? In my WideView clients (so only for visuals) in the aircraft panel.cfg I did " slash out" ( // ) all the different aircraft panels. Calculating these would have been wasting of PC power in a only visual-PC. May be the groundspeed was lost by this manoever ?

Hope it gives Garry some extra inspiration, otherwise just ctrl-alt-del.

Hessel
I'm getting P3D CTD with fault module name MSVCR100.DLL -- this only happens after I load VisualPSX and it is attempting to reload the scenery data.

Any work arounds?
Hi Garry,
First let me thank you for your wonderful tool, thx!

I have two questions:

1. What about the DisableTurbulence parameter in FSX.cfg/Prepar3D.cfg?
If the weather is coming from PSX: do I have to disable turbulence because PSX is making the aircraft movements via VisualPSX, or not?

2. The default FSX 747 works well in Prepar3Dv2.4 except that the Landing Gear does not retrack in flight. How do I solve that?

Regards,
Nico Kaan
I have the gear not retracting problem in FSX. It sometimes works (not sure why "sometimes").
Hi Nico,

Thanks!

When VisualPSX is running, the FSX aircraft follows PSX exactly. It is not influenced at all by FSX weather. So FSX turbulence is irrelevant and will have no effect on either the FSX aircraft or PSX. There's no need to disable it.

I receive occasional reports of FSX gear not retracting under VisualPSX but have never found a cause. I will have another look at my code.

Cheers,

Garry,

Here also a gear- "non-retracter".

Hessel

Page: « < ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > »

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software