Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

VisualPSX Suite released

Page: « < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... > »

Author Post
Hello,

Re: Weather.

For me it seems to work if I either create my own weather or use the quick buttons. As soon as I try and use downloaded weather I just get clear skies (green/blue/purple tabs are the same).

I also don't get online traffic appearing on TCAS but I do see them in P3D, I'm not sure if that's an indication of what may be occurring?
Matt Sheil wrote
If you have FSUIPC. Go and set up clear all weather and map it to your space bar.
When you think it is not working , Clear all weather in FSX. And then reload weather in PSX, worst case restart VisualPSX. Sometimes sim connect just does not work as advertised.

Thanks so much for this P3D info - I was hesitant to try P3D without basic information and tips. The frame rate info is very encouraging! Fortunately, I have almost no add-on investment in FSX.
----------------

Are you doing a major upgrade of your flight simulator for PSX, perhaps changing the hardware connections and purposes of your sim's computers? Regardless, I would think that upgrading to PSX would be a major task for such a complex installation...

Phil Bunch
Ivo de Colfmaker wrote
When entering in the simconnect .xml the ip address of my internet modem, in the last case 192.168.1.104 it works,
Entering the ip address of my local network, in my case 192.168.1.20 Pc where visual PSX suite is running on, does not work.
The first ip address changes almost every day, so each time have to adjust the xml and cfg file.

Even the 192.168.1.104 address should not change daily, as this is NOT the address of your external internet entry point, unless your service provider runs your complete home network as an extension of the street. If you go to

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

you see your "real" internet address.

I suspect that your PC and your modem do not agree on who is who, which can happen if one of them is on DHCP and the other static and they overlap. This would be a very good reason not to work. Your modem's local address definitely should not jump around daily.

Hoppie
...and if you can access and operate the router/modem admin interface (e.g. in your web browser via some special URL), you "should" be able to permanently assign a fixed local internal IP address (192.168.x.y) to a fixed device as identified by its individual MAC number. (MAC not as in "Apple Macintosh", but as in "Media Access Control").

Good luck,
Martin
JP744 wrote
First of all congratulations for this wonderful add-on which enhances the PSX experience.

FSX connects with PSX without any problem and the FSX aircraft position is reset according with PSX position, but I have some little problems.

First, the FSX time doesn't follow the PSX time. The scenery is reloaded and new position set correctly but the time within FSX remains the same.

I also noticed that the FSX default 747's moving parts (gear,...) never moves (for example the landing gear stay down every time).

I followed the manual step by step for installation. Did I forget to configure something ?

I tried today several training scenarios with PSX. FSX follows everything very well (time, moving parts,...), but I didn't change anything from the last time when the FSX time didn't follow PSX one. Strange...
Hi.

A further question if I may? Is it only possible to have one copy of VirtualPSX connect at a time?

I'm doing some multi-crew with a mate and if both of us run VirtualPSX only the first one to start it gets the updates. If one of us runs P3D and VirtualPSX and the other XView and XPlane it works fine.

Thanks.
That configuration is shown on page 83 of the PSX manual.

You both need to configure PSX to have a boost server due to the data rate between it and the add on.
Thanks Ray but boost server is already running and we still have the issue as outlined. VisualPSX makes a connection to the server, boost and P3D however doesn't move the aircraft/view and sits on waiting next to FSX. The minute the other person disconnects VisualPSX mine works with no issue. Also as outlined I can connect just fine with XView while he runs VisualPSX so I don't think data rate is the issue.
Try using 127.0.0.1 in your config files for everything VisualPSX related so there is no way they can cross connect between the 2 machines. Only PSX needs to talk to the other PSX across the network.

What you described sounds like 2x VisualPSX connecting to the same boost server, which is likely why it was fine with 1x VisualPSX & 1x XView.
Ray_CYYZ wrote
Try using 127.0.0.1 in your config files for everything VisualPSX related so there is no way they can cross connect between the 2 machines. Only PSX needs to talk to the other PSX across the network.

What you described sounds like 2x VisualPSX connecting to the same boost server, which is likely why it was fine with 1x VisualPSX & 1x XView.

That sounds right. Thanks Ray. :)

Each instance of VisualPSX must talk only to its local instance of PSX, either main server or main client. Both of those need to have their boost servers running for VisualPSX.

Since yesterday I attemps to connect PSX to FSX without success. I kept strictly to the instruction. Step by step. Use it on the same computer...have the XML file change with my Static IP and the cfg file also. Always get the messege about Visual PSX..sim connect has failed.Is there anyone who could help me in German? Thanks fort any help.

Stefan
Stefan Z. wrote
Since yesterday I attemps to connect PSX to FSX without success. I kept strictly to the instruction. Step by step. Use it on the same computer...have the XML file change with my Static IP and the cfg file also. Always get the messege about Visual PSX..sim connect has failed.Is there anyone who could help me in German? Thanks fort any help.

Stefan

Stefan, I had the same problem and solved it by using my IPv4 address.
Hi everyone,

Am I reading correctly that VisualPSX is not compatible with Vista?
Thank You. That was the solution.
Looking good! I am having an issue though at some airports such as KLAX, the offset puts me at KHHR rwy 25 which is just near KLAX, but in PSX I am clearly on rwy 25R in KLAX. Ive seen this issue at a few other places with nearby airports with similar rwy headings.

Edit: Just tried KJFK 31R in PSX, and in FSX its putting me on 31 in KLGA.

Alex
« Last edit by jalexb88 on Fri, 15 Aug 2014 19:47:31 +0000. »
Trying to connect to a freq on vpilot, it was working fine yesterday, but i cant seem to connect today. I am connected to vatsim via vpilot, i have trafficpsx running and have set it up correctly, but for the life of me, it never seems to connect to the voice channel.

i know there is no controllers at the moment, but there were loads, but i couldnt connect to any

attached is pic

User posted image
When controllers are online, do the frequencies in vPilot match the ones in PSX?

edit: I just noticed I can zoom the pic and they do match.

What are you expecting to happen that isn't - is it
- not changing frequency (VisuaPSX/TrafficPSX-FSX problem)
- you are on correct frequency but cannot hear ATC and you know they are voice (vPilot / OS problem)

If I understand correctly, it's the latter?

If you take PSX out of the loop and just use FSX and vPilot does it work?
« Last edit by John Golin on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 11:47:55 +0000. »
If i tune the frequencies then move as expected on the ACP and they show in vpilot,

however,

where it should then join a voice room or indeed atc channel, it does neither, i cant connect via voice or even text the controllers.

Everything was fine yesterday and i could speak to controllers, but today, nothing, i havnt changed anything, but cant seem to connect to any room
Hi Ray,

Ray_CYYZ wrote

Thanks for your continued help but still no luck!

Friend is running 1 copy as server and 1 as a client.

In order to connect to him I connect my 3 instances of PSX with his server.

He loads VisualPSX, connects it to his server and all works fine.

If I try and connect to his server with VisualPSX I have the issue as outlined before that my FSX stays on Wait and nothing happens in P3D. If he disconnects I am able to connect and it all works fine, however he is then unable to connect with his version of P3D.

If I try to connect to 127.0.0.1 VisualPSX can't connect to a server as I'm not running one as they're all in client mode. If I run a server it's pointless as I am no longer connected to my mates session. I haven't seen an option to connect as a client and rebroadcast that information then as a server?

Does that all make sense?
On the Instructor -> Preferences -> Basics page in PSX

Machine one: Start with main server on + Start with boost server on (VisualPSX connects to this boost server)

Machine two: Start with main client on + Start with boost server on (VisualPSX connects to this boost server)

Running a boost server is not the same a running the PSX as Server, it is a separate setting. Every instance of PSX could have a boost server enabled if you were spread over 4 machines. VisualPSX connects to the boost server, not to the PSX server or client.

I am not sure as I don't have enough machines to test, but I think you are limited to 4 total connections (1 server, 3 clients). Your count describes 1 server and 4 clients.
Hi Ray.

His Machine - Server Boost / Client

My Machine - Client Boost / Client

VisualPSX 127.0.0.1 - Connecting to PSX main server, tries and tries again forever

User posted image

VisualPSX Network Ip of machine - Connecting to PSX main server, tries and tries again forever

User posted image

VisualPSX Mates IP - Connects to PSX Main Server, Connects to PSX boost server, Wait... on FSX status and doesn't move.

User posted image
Hmm, I see where you are going with this ... The issue is not with the boost server connection, it is with the psx connection. I bet Garry did not write the state detection stuff to be able to deal with multiple connections so once the first one switches on, the other one is blocked.

Sorry, thought it only needed the boost data full time.
dts wrote
If i tune the frequencies then move as expected on the ACP and they show in vpilot,

however,

where it should then join a voice room or indeed atc channel, it does neither, i cant connect via voice or even text the controllers.

Everything was fine yesterday and i could speak to controllers, but today, nothing, i havnt changed anything, but cant seem to connect to any room

I was having exactly this same problem this afternoon. (It was my first time setting up TrafficPSX with VPilot). Same symptoms - I could control the active frequency in Vpilot with the PSX L/H COM controller, likewise the PSX transponder controller was actively linked to VPilot's Mode C off/on button. But, when I switched the PSX COM to the frequency of a local online VATSIM ATC, VPilot would not enter his voice room, and if I tried to send text to him, VPilot gave a red error message saying "Not transmitting on any frequency".

I did find the solution. At least on my system, it is necessary for the battery and avionics master switches in the FSX default 747 to be switched "on" for Vpilot to work properly under the control of TrafficPSX. (FWIW, I run VPilot on a networked laptop, as I have always done when flying in FSX directly).

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to switch the electrics "on" in the default 747... it was designed to be fully started (engines and all) by pressing CTRL+E. None of the switches in the overhead panel (e.g. battery on/off) are actually functional.

What I did was to use the FSX controller setup menu to map two unused joystick buttons to control FSX master battery toggle, and avionics master toggle. I also used FSUIPC to set unlimited battery life.

After doing this, the whole VisualPSX, TrafficPSX, vPilot combo worked perfectly each and every time. Sitting on the ramp in KATL, I watched several arriving and departing VATSIM aircraft on the PSX TCAS display on the ND.

Thanks again to Garry for bringing these two fine add-ons to the PSX community!
JRBarrett wrote
I did find the solution. At least on my system, it is necessary for the battery and avionics master switches in the FSX default 747 to be switched "on" for Vpilot to work properly under the control of TrafficPSX. (FWIW, I run VPilot on a networked laptop, as I have always done when flying in FSX directly).

Aha! Great troubleshooting! And this sounds very familiar! I think there is a setting in FSUIPC somewhere to force avionics power on ?
John Golin wrote
JRBarrett wrote

Aha! Great troubleshooting! And this sounds very familiar! I think there is a setting in FSUIPC somewhere to force avionics power on ?

I believe there are FSUIPC-accessible offsets that can be used to either read the state of the avionics switch, or set it. I think they are mostly used for interfacing external hardware. There is also a checkbox in the FSUIPC menu that will prevent the battery from becoming discharged even if it is left on with no source of charging voltage.

I had never had occasion to load the default FSX 747 before, and did not realize how primitive it is - with no functional panel switches to even turn on battery and avionics power. It was apparently made for neophyte FSX users with no interest in complexity... just hit CTL+E, and all the systems come online, all the engines auto-start, and away you go!

(That kind of over-simplified aircraft would probably be well-suited to the ill-tempered fellow in the other thread who decided PSX wasn't his cup of tea after all!) :twisted: :twisted:

Anyway, I saved a flight with the avionics powered, so I assume they will load still powered the next time, but I did want to have the option to turn the radio stack on with a joystick button, in case they get accidentally shut off mid-flight while using TrafficPSX.

Page: « < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... > »

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software