Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

VisualPSX Suite released

Page: « < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... > »

Author Post
Yes, late, noticeable or too close for an offset to be applied. Shoot some extreme approaches when you have PSX to see what happens in each case.

Thank you for the answers everyone!

Jeroen, I tried to find from the VisualPSX manual on how to do a manual lock-in before approach, but could not find any information on that. Is there an option to manually select the arrival runway beforehand to get the correct offset even if there's a short final?

Btw, your story proves that PSX really is a true real-world pro sim, as the visual system is indeed a separate component from the actual simulation in many of the setups. ;)
No, you cannot set a runway and force the offset. PSX always uses an algorithm to infer the runway most likely to be the one you are approaching (as the real aircraft does for some functions) then VisualPSX applies its own algorithm to find the best FSX match. FSX runway thresholds are often not accurate to real world positions, headings and altitudes.

Ok, I stand corrected, I am still living in the VisualPS1 world of course. No FSX in sight here...

Hoppie
Quick question, I seem to have a constant overspeed warning in FSX.

Do folks just mess with the max limits in the aircraft.cfg to shut this up?
Ray_CYYZ wrote

That's probably the simplest way.

Garry Richards wrote
Ray_CYYZ wrote

That's probably the simplest way.

Thanks, all better now.

Amazing clicking "CAT III" in PSX weather and watching the effects come through on the other screen. You never know what you are missing till you actually see it in front of you!
Hello,

I am trying to setup VisualPSX with P3DV2, but P3D does not seem to use SimConnect.xml.

Stephane
calimhiro wrote
Hello,

I am trying to setup VisualPSX with P3DV2, but P3D does not seem to use SimConnect.xml.

Stephane

Perhaps this post should be in its own thread with a heading something like "P3D setup questions"

Otherwise, I fear that P3D users might miss this question.

Phil Bunch
« Last edit by Ray_CYYZ on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 16:48:13 +0000. »
calimhiro wrote
Hello,

Stephane

Hi Stephane,
P3D is backwards compatible with FSX, so after you install SimConnect.dll and place your edited SimConnect.xml file in the correct folder everything should work.

The \Microsoft\FSX references in the manual should of course be changed to the equivalent path for P3D.

Cheers,

Ray_CYYZ wrote
%APPDATA%MicrosoftFSX
%APPDATA%Lockheed MartinPrepar3D v2

Gary just needs to add that to page 4 of his manual instead of this block:

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will leave the manual as is because users may need to cut and paste from one folder to another. Locating the correct folder in Windows Explorer can be done easily by following the path specified in the manual, modified as necessary if using P3D.

First of all congratulations for this wonderful add-on which enhances the PSX experience.

FSX connects with PSX without any problem and the FSX aircraft position is reset according with PSX position, but I have some little problems.

First, the FSX time doesn't follow the PSX time. The scenery is reloaded and new position set correctly but the time within FSX remains the same.

I also noticed that the FSX default 747's moving parts (gear,...) never moves (for example the landing gear stay down every time).

I followed the manual step by step for installation. Did I forget to configure something ?
Hi Jean-philippe,

Are you using the latest update (version 5.2, build 5337)? If so, could you try running it again. Occasionally there are glitches at startup and restarting the app fixes it. If it is still misbehaving please let me know what hardware and windows version(s) you are using.

Cheers,

Garry,

I'm running the very last version of VisualPSX. I had the same issues with older versions. After several restarts the problems described are still here. I'm running FSX on a computer 1, and VisualPSX with PSX server on computer 2. The specs are :

Computer 1 : I7 extreme 3960X, 16Gb RAM, 2 SSD's, GTX 580, Windows 7 Ultimate

Computer 2 : Core2Quad Q9550, 4Gb RAM, HDD, Windows XP SP3
Hi Jean-philippe,

Your computers should be fine to handle those apps, nothing unusual there.

I tested my setup and all worked properly, but at one stage I restarted PSX and found that the FSX animations stopped working. Restarting everything except FSX did not fix the problem, but restarting FSX did fix it. Actually I rebooted the FSX computer then restarted FSX because I have found that to be necessary in the past.

Try starting from power up, firstly FSX and PSX, then when they are both running and stable start VisualPSX. Wait until it has completed its startup procedures then start TrafficPSX if you are using it.

Everything should work properly from that point. The SimConnect interface to FSX seems to be the weak link when animations or time changes stop working. This may happen if you frequently change PSX's location or time. The remedy then is to restart FSX, possibly with a reboot of its computer.

Thank you Garry. I'll follow your advice and feed back.
VisualPSX is working an all respects but one. When I start the program, the FSX default aircraft moves to the PSX present position, and the time in FSX changes to match PSX. When I start engines, and bring hydraulics on line, all FSX flight control animations match those in PSX. Departure runway offset lock-in works, and when I taxi and fly the PSX aircraft, the FSX aircraft follows correctly in all regards.

The one thing that does not appear to be working is weather injection from PSX to FSX. The FSX weather seems to be stuck in the default fair weather theme, no matter what I change PSX weather to.

I do have the inject weather option checked "on" in VisualPSX, and I am using the latest build.

Jim Barrett
Maybe my FSX computer needs a complete re-installation. 2 years of intensive usage and many add-ons installed.
Hi Jim,

I have just tested weather injection and it works correctly on my system. I can't find any settings in PSX or FSX that would stop it working.

All I can think of is that you had selected an inactive weather zone in PSX. The active zone will be highlighted by a green triangle, upwards facing with M inside it if the zones are being set manually or downwards facing with an A inside it. The inactive zones do not have a green triangle.

Hope this helps.

JP744 wrote
Maybe my FSX computer needs a complete re-installation. 2 years of intensive usage and many add-ons installed.

I don't like recommending that people reinstall major applications or operating systems but sometimes that is advisable with FSX.

If you have FSUIPC. Go and set up clear all weather and map it to your space bar.
When you think it is not working , Clear all weather in FSX. And then reload weather in PSX, worst case restart VisualPSX. Sometimes sim connect just does not work as advertised.
Just a heads up on Prepar3D V2.2 to 2.3 upgrade just out.
Read the instructions very carefully or you will be reinstalling everything from scratch. As a general rule even if you follow the instructions you. Will have to reinstall the lot anyway.
The bonus is, frame rates are insane with the new 2.3. Sydney for example in FSX is about 25fps. In the new prepar3d is about 60FPS and fluid, worth the effort to upgrade.
And yes Visual PSX works fine
Garry Richards wrote
Hi Jim,

I have just tested weather injection and it works correctly on my system. I can't find any settings in PSX or FSX that would stop it working.

All I can think of is that you had selected an inactive weather zone in PSX. The active zone will be highlighted by a green triangle, upwards facing with M inside it if the zones are being set manually or downwards facing with an A inside it. The inactive zones do not have a green triangle.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Garry, I'll check for this.

JB
I used visual PSX suite on the same pc as PSX and prepar3d 2.2 , and on a pc running visual PSX suite and prepar and PSX on an other pc via local network using cables.
Both work like a charm.
One thing is not completely clear to me, when entering in the simconnect .xml the ip address of my internet modem, in the last case 192.168.1.104 it works,
Entering the ip address of my local network, in my case 192.168.1.20 Pc where visual PSX suite is running on, does not work.
The first ip address changes almost every day, so each time have to adjust the xml and cfg file.
Is there a way to use the static local network ip address?
Thanks
Ivo

Page: « < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... > »

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software