Old 744 Forum

Archived posts

PSX Instructor: Mac and Vista

Page: « < 1 2 3

Author Post
I like the idea of having the stab trim slider in unit of degrees on the instructor's page. However it seems you have mixed up the stab angular displacement (degrees) with pilot units. The good news is, that 1 pilot unit of stab trim equivalent to 1 degree of stab angle. Stabilizer ANGLE (the zero degree) is measured from a reference neutral position which is already 3 UNITS of stab trim. Therefore:

0 units = +3.00 degrees (stab leading edge up)
3 units = 0.00 degrees (neutral)
6 units = -3.00 degrees (stab leading edge down)
9 units = -6.00 (down)
12 units = -9.00 (down)
and finally 15 units of stab trim would be -12.00 degrees down.

If you don't want to mess with that slider anymore, all you need to modify is the label of it. (Should read units instead of degrees).

Keep up the good work,
delcom

[EDIT] The bad news is, that my airline is gettin' rid of the 744's in a few years, too. Maybe it's time to look for an other playground some place else.
« Last edit by delcom on Thu, 27 Aug 2009 10:08:56 +0000. »
Right, thanks, I'll correct that.

(After all, there must be a reason why they avoid the word "degrees".)

Cheers,

|-|ardy
And which one are you gonna go for after all? As I already mentioned I wouldn't mind to see the DEGREE layout. Gives a bit of (EICAS) maintenance (PAGE) feeling to it.

regards,
delcom
Not sure.

If it's in units, it's easier for the aviators.

If it's in degrees, it nicely demonstrates the relation between units and degrees.

Make a switch? No.

By the way, in case someone will use a microscope: The stab trim indicator scale on the PSX flight deck is not linear (according to the real thing), while that on the Instructor is linear (these slider modules allow linear scales only).

|-|
I should have been more clear on the instructor station. What I wanted to find out would you be able to position the aircraft on a 10 final to a runway at say 3000' 180 kts then release the sim. to shoot the app.
wings53476 wrote
I should have been more clear on the instructor station. What I wanted to find out would you be able to position the aircraft on a 10 final to a runway at say 3000' 180 kts then release the sim. to shoot the app.

That important feature was available PS1 already. I am absolutley sure a very similar feature (and many more) will be available in PSX as well.

Holger

Page: « < 1 2 3

Old 744 Forum is powered by UseBB 1 Forum Software