News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Posky 747-400 models for MSFS, PSX and WidePSX

Started by funkyhut, Sun, 1 Nov 2020 09:06

funkyhut

Hi dvflight1974,
Great that you are enjoying the immersion of what we are trying to do. For me at least, the fidelity of PSX and the challenges of getting the best and depth from that experience are top of the list for me.
18 Hazelwood has demonstrated with some of his recent videos posted here in the forum, that adding MSFS and WidePSX to  PSX, while not adding to the PSX challenges, it does provide enhanced immersion, to a level we've not had before.
I agree that enhanced models would look even better but for me the objective has been achieved with these models (and further liveries to follow).
If someone else wants to go down the path of a further enhancement, I'd be happy (subject to time constraints) to cooperate, but for now I'm going to stick with what we have and enjoy learning daily, more about flying the Boeing 747-400 with thanks to Hardy and this incredible PSX community.
Greetings from the mountains of Northern Thailand (VTCC),
Chris Stanley.

asboyd

I posted in the WidePSX topic a query as to whether these models could be used with P3DV5... I cannot find the original files Jean-Philippe posted some time ago?? :)

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

funkyhut

Singapore Airlines bought this 747-400 new in 1991 as 9V-SML. She went into storage at Victorville in 2003 before being bought by Cathay Pacific in 2005 as B-HKF. She was scrapped in 2013 but lives on here in her last livery:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NR3C8M1HRGqa0O4n430HOEkqGZI0w0cT/view?usp=sharing

Thai Airways bought HS-TGZ new in 1999 and she remained in service right up to March 2020. She was a very frequent visitor to Chiang Mai (VTCC) right up to March this year as a scheduled 747-400 early morning return service from Bangkok (VTBS). She's now in storage and available to buy "as is" and "in situ". You can liberate her here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k_Kdjve4Y-2cWtD292X7M1tBhEw-vYiO/view?usp=sharing

Coming "soon" - Lufthansa and KLM.

Enjoy!
Chris Stanley.

funkyhut

Chris Stanley.

asboyd

I think so, I downloaded it earlier today but have not had chance to do anything with it yet...

Cheers,
AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

funkyhut

Here are 4 more conversions.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1efG75c47FT0mk5hwU1LsEJdLXvuxzTOE/view?usp=sharing

They are Pan Am, Lauda Air, Cathay Pacific (VR-HOR), their original 747-400 livery, and the new Lufthansa livery.

Enjoy.
Chris Stanley.

brian747

Ah, more magic (with a pleasing added dash of nostalgia)!

Many thanks indeed for all your efforts, Chris.

Cheers,

Brian

(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

Walter Kranl

Hmm, Lauda Air never had a 747.

Walter

cavaricooper

This may well be the self actualization I've been searching for... thanks Hardy, JP, Bernd & now Chris, without whom this would not be possible.  It is possible to complain, but in my book, not about ANY of this!

Bravo Zulu!

C

PS- Hoppie, if you can make the pics smaller, BUT full resolution when clicked- I'd be obliged mate!  Ta.

Did. Just click on the pictures for the original resolution.
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

cavaricooper

Thanks Hoppie!

Chris- about the only thing I'd change at the moment is the HEIGHT of the cockpit above ground... I'll ping you with the details if you think that's workable? See email.

Thanks again for this fantastic work!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

cavaricooper

Ok- a little more faffing around and the viewpoint is looking better... we will get there...

If you notice, there's just enough of the center post and the top of the glareshield to provide reference without distractions of the inoperative VC... If I squint hard enough, it's "almost" a VC for PSX... still tuning, but I am loving the potential of this combination.

Hoppie- would you please wave your magic wand once more? Ta!

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

cavaricooper

Some more tweaking and I think this is where I'm going to end up... for now

and

and

Chris already has these settings if they are needed by the WidePSX team, but I am happy (for the moment).

Best- C

Hoppie- one more time mate... ta!
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

funkyhut

If you zoom the external and drone view in MSFS to about 80% it will reduce the fisheye effect.
Chris Stanley.

dvflight1974

Hello Guys! So I'm reaching out to the community in hopes I can find someone clever enough to figure this out. I'm really loving PSX connected into MSFS - that said with the Cargolux model shared by you guys it's nice but the lack of shiny textures doesn't do things justice. It doesn't feel metallic. Good news though! I have a version here with shiny textures and a whole bunch of different liveries and love it BUT the lights on it are off-kilter - On the ground, everything lines up nicely but when the wings flex the nav lights don't flex with the wings which is again an immersion "killer" Is there someone clever enough here that can resolve that by editing the model?
I wish I could share an image here but seems the forum doesnt have an upload image function I'm click the insert image function but all it does is this

dvflight1974

This is how it look right now - It's awesome - I have aligned the lights and just left with a pain where the nav lights just dont flex with the wings

dvflight1974

Here's another beauty :-) So if there's someone who can figure out the lights it will be like Xmas for me

funkyhut

Greetings:

For the views in @cavaricooper's wonderful photographs, please checkout the instructions here: https://discord.com/channels/778190120888041513/778913579587207230

Many Thanks.
Chris Stanley.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi 18hazelwood,

I just watched some parts of your Testing Stream on youTube. Thank you!

A technical question regarding the audio in the test video:

Just to understand what I hear in the video: Did you intentionally mute all aircraft sounds except for the engine sounds? I think the engine "whine" is too loud relative to the rest; normally, inside a real 747 flight deck, it can't be that loud. Is this "whine" generated by the MSFS outside view simulation?

I'm referring to this section in your video: https://youtu.be/6A0Px8O1mmA?t=2234

Also: The original PSX air conditioning noise, equipment cooling noise, packs, recirculation fans and ram air noise seem to be muted. They are in the 2nd and 3rd sound group on the PSX Audio page. Did you deselect these two sound groups intentionally?

Or vice versa: Did you increase the volume in the WAV files that contain the engine "whine"?

Regards,

|-|ardy

funkyhut

@dvflight1974
Hi,
I think you are using the Canadian mod aircraft with addon liveries? If so, a couple of things:

1) If you are using WidePSX to connect this to PSX, if you go to the TrafficRadioXpndr tab you'll see a box "Send True TAS to VATSIM". If this box is ticked it will disable wing flex in the Posky conversions available here. That way the lights stay in place. Not sure if this is the case with the Canadian mod but you can try.

2) I agree the textures look great. For me personally it's not so important but I understand why for some it is. To that end I'll contact the folks over at Canadian and ask them if I can use their textures in our aircraft or what tool they are using to convert them. It's not however a high priority at this time. It's also something you might consider doing yourself?

Hope that helps.
Chris Stanley.

dvflight1974

Hardy Heinlin

18hazelwood have a similar setup and it's likely the whine from MSFS - I've since turn down some of the sounds in MSFS. That said the audio of PSX is fairly low generally and I have to crank up the sound system a lot to hear much but then any other sounds on my system are so loud it's crazy lol - Maybe we need to amplify the audio a few DB more so with the co-pilots audio. Those seem to be the lowest in audio at the moment. Perhaps an update to those would be great with perhaps additional recordings