News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Using Simfest Planning Portal For World Flight

Started by Gary Oliver, Thu, 1 Oct 2020 23:26

Gary Oliver

All,

A couple of people have asked how we use the simfest portal to make our World Flight so easy....

So here goes

Set It Up
======
1) Login to https://dispatch.simfest.co.uk and click schedule, then click 'Add World Flight Route'
2) Close the 1990s style dispatch portal and open https://planning.simfest.co.uk

PS: you will need to create an account on both.
Dispatch a Flight
==========
1) https://planning.simfest.co.uk --> Planning Page and click the Calculator Icon
2) Everything's ready to go, hop into the sim running BACARS, enter the WF20xx flight number into ACARS > FLT INIT and click UPLINK.  The briefing documentation is available on the briefings page and the iPad app for those running it.
3) Go Fly! Company routes, ZFW, etc all correct and in the sim with no manual effort.

If You Fancy editing stuff
================
1) Open the schedule page and you can edit any property for any of the upcoming flights and save them with the tick.
2) You can do things like set your load, fuel, etc, and use the schedule to add crew details so they are uplinked automatically.
3) The ATC routes will be picked up from the WF agreed route with VATSIM divisions, however feel free to play around.
4) You can add an arrival gate to get an arrival message at TOD.

Any questions from any of the teams grab me through the usual methods.

Cheers
Gary

beat578

Hi Gary
Is the I-pad app officially out now? How can i get that?
That of course would be an app I will use on a regular base!

Cheers
Beat LSZH

Captain_Crow

Hi,
this came up during planning the first leg of WF2020:

Server Error in '/' Application.
ATCRoute is neither a DataColumn nor a DataRelation for table DefaultView.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: ATCRoute is neither a DataColumn nor a DataRelation for table DefaultView.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: ATCRoute is neither a DataColumn nor a DataRelation for table DefaultView.]
   System.Data.DataRowView.get_Item(String property) +1866695
   PSX.Dispatch.Web.Submit.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\gary_\Documents\GitHub\PSX.Bacars\PSX.Dispatch.Web\submit.aspx.cs:37
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +52
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +97
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +61
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +693

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.8.4075.0

Gary Oliver

Captain Crow,

Are you using planning.simfest.co.uk to plan the flight?

The only thing dispatch.simfest.co.uk should be used for is adding the route with the add world flight button.

Cheers
Goli

Captain_Crow

Hi Gary,
thanks for jumping in :-)

I just wanted to try out what you described Thu, 1 Oct 2020 23:26 above to use you fantastic stuff for the world flight.
Clikcke the WF button anf tried to plan the first leg to test.
The result you can see in my post..

Best wishes
Steff

Captain_Crow

So,tried it again,when clicking the plannig page the wheel is turning, turning and turning,

nothing happens until :

"Could not reconnect to the server. Reload the page to restore functionality."

Is there a mistake on my side?

Using firefox browser.

Best
Steff

Captain_Crow

Tested it with MS Edge, same result.

Am I the only one who has this probiem ?

Best
Steff

PSX747baw91g

I get it occasionaly my fix was when the wheel spins come out of planning and go back in, click the tick beside the spinning planning wheel and it works, I can then proceed to the briefing page for the flight.

kwieser76

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Thu,  1 Oct 2020 23:26
All,

A couple of people have asked how we use the simfest portal to make our World Flight so easy....

So here goes

Set It Up
======
1) Login to https://dispatch.simfest.co.uk and click schedule, then click 'Add World Flight Route'
2) Close the 1990s style dispatch portal and open https://planning.simfest.co.uk

PS: you will need to create an account on both.
Dispatch a Flight
==========
1) https://planning.simfest.co.uk --> Planning Page and click the Calculator Icon
2) Everything's ready to go, hop into the sim running BACARS, enter the WF20xx flight number into ACARS > FLT INIT and click UPLINK.  The briefing documentation is available on the briefings page and the iPad app for those running it.
3) Go Fly! Company routes, ZFW, etc all correct and in the sim with no manual effort.

If You Fancy editing stuff
================
1) Open the schedule page and you can edit any property for any of the upcoming flights and save them with the tick.
2) You can do things like set your load, fuel, etc, and use the schedule to add crew details so they are uplinked automatically.
3) The ATC routes will be picked up from the WF agreed route with VATSIM divisions, however feel free to play around.
4) You can add an arrival gate to get an arrival message at TOD.

Any questions from any of the teams grab me through the usual methods.

Cheers
Gary

Hi Gary,

If you talking about an IPAD APP ... is this APP already published in the Apple store ?

thx
Kurt
Product Owner Lido/Flight ASC
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

Gary Oliver

No but I finally ordered a mac mini to arrive this week.... trying to develop iPad apps on windows is a right faff when it comes to the store.

Fingers crossed it will become easier to get it on the store.

kwieser76

One more to the new page (planning.simfest.co.uk)

today i got the following error:
502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

Also my feeling is that the new page is much slower as the old one....

Kurt
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

Gary Oliver

Although not perfect and still some work to do there is now an IPad EFB option on dispatch on the left hand menu.

Once you click it you can use the "add to home page" option to make it like an app on the iPad.

No doubt I'll be refining it over the next week before world flight.

To use make sure you have a plan setup and have entered the flight number on bacars FLT INIT page

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Sun, 25 Oct 2020 09:34
No but I finally ordered a mac mini to arrive this week.... trying to develop iPad apps on windows is a right faff when it comes to the store.

Totally. The only reason why I have a Mac Mini somewhere in a desk drawer at work. Neigh impossible to even republish an app without Apple gear. ^#%@^#@*&^$#  grrr

Once running Xcode, it is a matter of click, click, done.

Hoppie

Gary Oliver

The experience once the mac arrived was not much better... the mouse is now firmly embedded in the monitor....

kwieser76

HI Gary,
I saw that you constantly improving the new page :-)

Is it possible that you can add behind the Landing_score link the user the with which the current user is logged in ?
So that nobody has to manipulate the link by themselves ?

Thx
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

Gary Oliver

Yep no problem, I'll do that this evening :-)

kwieser76

Thanks...

One more thing but i think you are aware of that.
- The planning portal is not responding- i get always the 502 error ( tried if on IPADS, IMAC, IE)
502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.
There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

I think this is not only connected to the planning page i think that is for all pages ...

Regards

Kurt
Lufthansa Systems (LIDO)

Steve - Browny

Hi Gary,

Is there a character limit for the flight plan remarks and if so, how many characters?

We're putting our VATSIM standard remarks in and get an error at the bottom "An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload". I reduce the text and only then does it allow me to save it.

Christian Wiegand

Unfortunately I get ,,an error occurred - reload" or sometimes, if I manage to set up
a schedule I get the spinning wheel spinning forever with the briefing package finished by SimBrief but not loading up in  simfest. Using different browsers and OS: windows edge/chrome and iOS safari.

Any thoughts what I might be doing wrong?

Thank you all
Christian

Gary Oliver

Quote from: Steve - Browny on Wed, 28 Oct 2020 00:43
Hi Gary,

Is there a character limit for the flight plan remarks and if so, how many characters?

We're putting our VATSIM standard remarks in and get an error at the bottom "An error has occurred. This application may no longer respond until reloaded. Reload". I reduce the text and only then does it allow me to save it.

It was 50, its now unlimited.