News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

[SOLVED] VisualPSX - still the only option?

Started by Dennis B, Fri, 28 Aug 2020 10:01

Dennis B

Hey everybody,

after quite a while and gathering dust, the FSX DVDs have found their way again onto my PC.

I'm looking for a way to connect FSX to PSX (had been using VisualPSX a couple of years ago, but have dumped the installation files). Garrys website unfortunately seems to no longer provide a download link; stating that 'new software, developed by others', would be available. Is that true for FSX <-> PSX? Can't find anything. When there is a lack of alternatives: VisualPSx worked fine for me by then - can anyone (Garry?) provide me with a download link?

Best regards
Dennis

joergalv

Yes, I think VisualPSX is the only option for FSX.

The latest VisualPSX build I found in my archives:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4vf37ehotny9ul/visualpsx_build_5898.zip?dl=0

Dennis B

Thank you so much! VisualPSX was up and running in a couple of minutes and is just working fine. Just need a second screen for FSX visuals now :)

Cheers
Dennis

RogerH

Hi Guys,

I'm also trying to use VisualPSX with FSX (SE), but I am getting an error:

"Unable to find runways data file Runways_PSX_v61.vpx"

This is not surprising because when I run RunwaysPSX.exe it creates a file "Runways_PSX_v62.vpx"

Unfortunately renaming the file doesn't work!

I've tried running RunwaysPSX.exe for both 64 and 32 versions of FSX(SE) but get the same version mismatch - it produces a v62.vpx instead of v61.

Any ideas?

EDIT: as a workaround, I guess if either of you has the correct file - Runways_PSX_v61.vpx -  you could just send it to me - and perhaps your version of RunwaysPSX.exe (although I am using the version of VisualPSX in the dropbox link abocve).

Thanks,

Roger.

RogerH

Sorry for the bump, but just in case my EDIT got missed as part of the previous post - 7

Could either of you send me your working "Runways_PSX_v61.vpx" please?

I'm guessing VisualPSX doesn't actually interrogate FSX directly - that's done by RunwaysPSX.exe.

My thought, then, is that should your system be different form mine it won't matter. All the major runways will be in the same place - and if your file says there's a runway in my back garden then PSX will be blissfully unaware it's not, lol!

So of I can get my hands on a valid Runways_PSX_v61.vpx file, I should be in business.

Thanks,

Roger.