News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

FS2020: External Visuals for PSX - Current Known Info

Started by Gary Oliver, Sat, 22 Aug 2020 11:22

JP59

Hi Peter,

Quote from: Britjet on Mon,  7 Sep 2020 11:45
Hi Jean-philippe,
I've tried various things with the Interior so far but it seems to remove the exterior as well. I'm sure there is a way..
Hopefully someone will have better luck..

This is bad news indeed. Meanwhile, I sugest to displace the pilot eyepoint (zoom, or camera.cfg ?) in order to be close to the windshield and hide a large part of the 3D cockpit. I saw this in Jermaine's video. Looks pretty good :

Quote from: jlpilot on Sun,  6 Sep 2020 10:18
Hey Will,

I'm using the trial version of WidePsx and the early impressions are pretty good ;). I'm also getting micro stutters but I think that's just the sim. Gary's method of deleting the cockpit view didn't work for me yet so still waiting for a fix. I'd love to see a custom exterior 747 model specifically made for PSX & MSFS but that's another topic ;D

https://youtu.be/Pb1rrfenOdc

The aircraft in this video landed ok, but then drifted slightly to the left and corrected itself during the rollout. For some reason my PSX always veers to the left on landing regardless of manual or autolands. I haven't done any investigating as it could be I'm always using the same situ file for testing. Not too worried about it at this stage though.

Best regards
Jean-philippe

pilotngb

What are people using to connect to VATSIM with MSFS 2020? Is there a plugin for Vpilot to enable PSX connection to Vpilot?

VolleyballCALVA

I'm currently using vPilot as I did with P3Dv4
And I adjusted the viewpoint and saved it at the new position and load it to use with PSX, with this method you can have the exterior and interior models so landing lights and taxi lights can work.

DaveM.

Hi All,

I'm considering purchasing PSX to use with MSFS and have a couple of questions I haven't been able to determine from the threads and videos posted here

- how does weather affect the aircraft? does PSX generate weather and apply affects to the aircraft? i.e. if PSX has a crosswind for landing, would the aircraft represent this crabbing in MSFS? is turbulence generated by the PSX software and does this affect the model in MSFS?
- is it possible to taxi around the aircraft apron before/after landing to the terminal?
- think I probably know the answer to this but...does the MSFS 747 fly using the flight model of the PSX?

Thanks!
Dave

PSX747baw91g

MSFS uses its own live weather not injected by PSX but they pretty well match, the PSX model will crab and visible in MSFS only the 747-800 default is avail to use at the moment work in progress for proper 744 model to use.

Hope that helps, I only recently started flying MSFS with PSX, mostly use x-plane and occasionally p3d

smurf.

DaveM.

yeah that helps a lot thanks!

time to dig deep and invest I think  :D

the prospect of a platform as advanced as PSX with the FS2020 visuals is too tempting.....

PSX747baw91g

you wont regret buying PSX!!! and MSFS can only get better, I am sticking with XP11 till more bugs are fixed and get a better pc lol

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Dave,

all external scenery views -- be it Microsoft, P3D, X-Plane, etc. -- are just that: Views. Views from the pilot's seat. The flight deck location and angle data come from PSX. It's a continuous data stream. When PSX turns left, the scenery view turns left. When PSX banks 60°, the scenery view banks 60°, and so on. PSX runs the aerodynamics model, its own avionics, its own weather, its own malfunction simulations etc.

Regards,

|-|ardy

jb747

Has anyone tried to use FS2020 with WidevieW?  I used both WidevieW and WideTraffic for several years before PSX.  Since you can use P3D as the scenery "server" , PSX.Net.P3D.ExternalSim should interface PSX to P3D as it always has.  Then let WidevieW/WT connect to the left/Center/Right scenery generators for the wrap around scenery views.  With the Simconnect issues you have to manually set the camera angles but we had to do that in the old days with the program anyway.  As noted in the notes, the weather is not synch'd across the three views but with WT the AI is.  I haven't purchased MS2020 to try it yet, just wondering if anyone else has.

https://www.wideview.it/faq.htm#wideview2020