News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

No fuel calculation in FMC

Started by GodAtum, Sat, 1 Aug 2020 23:32

GodAtum

On my flight from YSSY - KLAX, I'm getting no fuel prediction in the FMC (PROG page). AP is on with SPD, LNAV & VNAV PTH. At ACT ECON CRZ. Please see situ https://www.dropbox.com/s/s91c5623ck9tpos/save.situ?dl=0

Will

Does it have something to do with the fact that your origin and destination airports are the same (KLAX) on the ACT RTE 1 page?
Will /Chicago /USA

Will

Maybe this is all tied together but I can't solve the puzzle... but on VNAV, your OPT altitude is 331, your MAX altitude is 303, and the RECMD altitude is 290. I don't know how OPT could be higher than MAX.
Will /Chicago /USA

Avi

Quote115.06. FMC: Fuel data indications are now blank when any route waypoint altitude exceeds MAX ALT.

Why the MAX ALT is so low is still a question.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

Hardy Heinlin

When the route is so short that the climb and descend paths almost intersect each other at an altitude below the performance related MAX ALT, the actual MAX ALT will be lowered for geometric reasons. Edit: Geometric reasons affect the OPT ALT, not the MAX ALT. So that's not the problem.

Why does this FMC route in that situ go from KLAX to KLAX (on the ACT RTE page)? How did you set up your YSSY departure stuff while KLAX was in the ORIGIN field? Now you can't delete the origin KLAX anymore without deleting the entire route. -- Luckily, you have another YSSY-KLAX route in RTE 2. -- Well, that doesn't fix the problem either ...

Hardy Heinlin

I should be burning in hell; this is such a silly bug -- introduced by version 10.115. Unbelievable.

I'll fix it in 10.120.

Temporary solution in your situ:

1. Go to VNAV CLB page and enter 331 in 1L and execute.
2. Check that ECON speed mode is active on CLB page.
3. Enter 330 in 1L and execute.
4. Press the MCP ALT knob.

MAX ALT should now be FL362.

Background story: The bug was introduced by this modification:

Quote115.05. FMC: MAX ALT displayed on CRZ page now refers to ACT CLB speed when CLB speed causes a lower MAX ALT than CRZ speed. This also affects the MAX ALT scratchpad message.

This modification should only run in ACT CLB, not in ACT CRZ. In that situ there's a hidden SEL SPD mode on the CLB page, and that SEL SPD lowers the MAX ALT even though we are in ACT CRZ. By reactivating the CLB, the SEL SPD mode resets to ECON mode which will not affect the MAX ALT.

|-|ardy

Hardy Heinlin

GodAtum

Thanks so much Hardy, that's amazing! PSX is the best  ;D

Avi

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sun,  2 Aug 2020 01:10
I should be burning in hell;

As long as you are not exaggerating...
Avi Adin
LLBG