News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

blank client screen

Started by Ton van Bochove, Sat, 1 Aug 2020 14:20

Ton van Bochove

The screen of my 2nd PSX instance is all of a sudden "blank" although both instructor pages tell me that it is connected and accepted. The only thing I see is the instructors page and a very vague outline of what probably is the client screen.

Probably something simple but I cannot remember what :-(

Ton

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

It may be some part of the client display overlapping another monitor area, or the Windows Task Bar. Java in some cases does not like this and goes berzerk.

Try to temporarily reset the display size of the client to be not maximized and with all its borders well within a clean display area of one single monitor.

Hoppie

Ton van Bochove

QuoteTry to temporarily reset the display size of the client to be not maximized and with all its borders well within a clean display area of one single monitor.

Layout #1 is not maximized ( +/- 900 by 900), it is the display of the CDU. And I started it on the desktop of the server instance. Could that be part of the problem?
Ton

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Ton van Bochove on Sat,  1 Aug 2020 15:52
... I started it on the desktop of the server instance. Could that be part of the problem?

Perhaps.

You may also check "Allow frame stretching across multiple monitors" on Instructor > Preferences > Screen and restart the client PSX.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Ton van Bochove

QuoteYou may also check "Allow frame stretching across multiple monitors" on Instructor > Preferences > Screen and restart the client PSX.

On the server, client or both? both were enabled
Ton

Hardy Heinlin

On the affected PSX instance, so on the client.

Ton van Bochove

Hardy, thank you very much!
Ton

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Sounds like it worked -- did it?

Ton van Bochove

QuoteSounds like it worked -- did it?

"Allow frame stretching across multiple monitors" did the trick but not directly. The client screen still was not visible but after maximizing the icon in the task bar the screen appeared but lost its 900x900 dimensions. By the time I am at my setup I will bring the maximized screenback to the wanted dimensions. I only got to figure out how I can keep the dimensions permanently.
Ton