News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Simfest Planning Portal - Version 0.1

Started by Gary Oliver, Sat, 18 Jul 2020 19:50

Gary Oliver

All,

I have been working on rewriting much of the Simfest Dispatch Center to learn some new technologies (Blazor and EF for those interested) and fix a couple of bugs and make it easier to use for other airlines.

It is now ready for testing alongside the existing dispatch system, and provides a few new features and makes the user interface much more responsive.

You will need an existing dispatch.simfest.co.uk account as well for now, as there is still some more work to do with the planning account creation process.

No BACARS update is required and dispatch will still work should you find any issues with the planning portal.

The new site can be found at https://planning.simfest.co.uk

This lays the groundwork for the release of the iPad App... a challenge I am still working on.

Known Issues
-None Cirrus format flight plans do not uplink winds to PSX

Planning Portal Features
Schedule Management
Auto World Flight Schedule Import
Single Click Flight Planning
Advanced Flight Planning Planning
Full Briefing Pack
Data Customised for BA Loadsheets and OFP Formats
Database of Gates Used by BA Around the World
Automatic Uplink Customizations
Airport Briefs for most popular Airports
Contingency Fuel planning based on previous flights submitted by all BACARS Users since release
BA CARD Performance System
VATSIM Prefile

Automatic PSX In Sim Features
FMC Route Uplink
FMC Wind Uplink
Wind Corridor Uplink
ZFW Set according to Loadsheet
MACTOW Set according to Loadsheet
PreFuel Set
Final Loadsheet on pushback which may differ from initial, with appropriate weights set in PSX
Gate Information in Descent
Cabin Ready Simulation
Full BA ACARS Simulation

Cheers
Gary

JohnH

Hi Gary

I managed to get lo get Log in using my old account. I click schedule and it shows my existing flights. Click Schedule, click '+' enter new flight details, click 'Planning' click.'Generate Briefing' I get Generating Briefing Pack with a grey square and nothing else happens? Just for your info?

John

GodAtum

Hi Gary, thanks for this! tried logging in with my dispatch creds, but get invalid login attempt.

Gary Oliver

JohnH,

Which browser are you using?

Godatum,

You need to create a new account on the planning portal first.

Cheers
G

beat578

Hi Gary.
Everything looks great. i have all my old plans. But when i want to create a new one, i have an endless turning sign on the line and a window "generating briefing pack" in the middle of the browser, but that is all grey an nothing happens. (i added the new site to the allowed popp-up already). I use chrome browser.

Also when i open one of the already generated birefing packs, i see all the windows like loadsheet, map and all, but only the truning site and endless loading without displaying any result.

Still, the new page looks amazing.

Cheers
Beat

JohnH

Which browser are you using?

Hi Gary, I tried it using Firefox with Win 10 and Safari with macOS Catalina. Get same grey screen with both.

John

Gary Oliver

Beat,

Have you tried creating a new flight in the schedule and planning that one?

The grey screen is where sim brief should be popping up.  I shall see if I can reproduce.  It should look like below.

Update: Works fine for me with latest firefox and chrome on Win10, which is rather annoying.

Gary Oliver

However if I register a new user on dispatch and planning it no longer works and I get a grey screen too!

Investigations ongoing.

Gary Oliver

JohnH

I am now getting the SimBrief Login window however when I enter my SimBrief username and password it says 'Invalid login token'. If I go direct to SimBrief and use the same login info it works ok.

John

GodAtum

Quote from: JohnH on Sun, 19 Jul 2020 16:24
I am now getting the SimBrief Login window however when I enter my SimBrief username and password it says 'Invalid login token'. If I go direct to SimBrief and use the same login info it works ok.

John

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Sun, 19 Jul 2020 12:18
Godatum,

You need to create a new account on the planning portal first.

Cheers
G

I got the same error. Gary said you need to create a new account.

JohnH

Thanks but it's not the same issue. I can login to Simfest Planning, but it won't login to SimBrief.

John

beat578

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Sun, 19 Jul 2020 15:14
However if I register a new user on dispatch and planning it no longer works and I get a grey screen too!

Investigations ongoing.

Hi Gary: I don't know if this helps. Today I logged in again from a different compute (at my office). That ist what I saw:
When i came in, the icon from the two flights i was planning yesterday was still turnin. When i pressed the save Icon, it stopped. Then i logged into Simbrief BEFORE i started to calculate a flight. This time it worked and processed as it should.
I then logged out of Simbrief an tried again. The usual Loging Screen appeared. So on this computer it seems to work.

I will try again at home tonight, to see if I can narrow down the problem. I'll let you know. Or mabe something is done overnight, so it works a few hours later only?

Thanks, the page looks amazing!
Beat

Gary Oliver

I made a few changes last night which appears to have fixed the issue.  Let me know how you get on with your PC at home.

Cheers
Gary

JohnH

Just re-tried, I can login to Simfest Planning Portal just fine. When I click Planning then Generate Briefing the SimBrief login shows, I enter my Username the Password and it says 'Invalid login token?

If I login to SimBrief first then Simfest Planning it works just fine, very weird?

John

RogerH

Hi Gary - thanks for such a lovely piece of kit - but unfortunately I have the same issue as JohnH - logon works fine directly to Simbrief website but hangs with invalid logon message as per his post.

Probably something really simple - thanks again for such excellent work!

beat578

Hi Gary
Hame here, Simbrief logon, then go onto your page, everything works flawless. I don't mind to logon into simbrief first, you just have to think about it.

Great homepage, really looks very professional and cool.

asboyd

Can login to Simbrief but not planning. Get invalid token error. I also get a message saying the ASP is not setup for external Auth.

Cheers,
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

double-alpha

Quote from: beat578 on Tue, 21 Jul 2020 06:25
Hi Gary
Hame here, Simbrief logon, then go onto your page, everything works flawless. I don't mind to logon into simbrief first, you just have to think about it.

Great homepage, really looks very professional and cool.

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have checked my email and it seems that you « BEAT578 » sent me a month ago a message that landed in my spam.
I replied a couple of days ago, could you check your spam too?

Best regards
Thank you and best regards

VolleyballCALVA

Hello, Gary,
Thank you for the cool tool, could you please add CAL in the airline list? Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Chi-cheng Liu