News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Microsoft Flight Simulator releasing 18 August 2020

Started by GodAtum, Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:18

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Will on Thu, 27 Aug 2020 16:26
... was using PSX as the basis for their understanding of what the FMC did and looked like. That's also a form of tribute, I suppose.

That's what I meant, Will; either way, it's sort of a tribute :-)

Why criminal, Avi? If they just watched the sim's behaviour and didn't copy my software code, it's fine.

It would've been finer for them, however, if they had used a newer PSX version than 10.0.0 :-)

|-|ardy

martin

A pity PSX does  not use e.g.
ՃW-P010-0-0
ՃW-C010-0-0

(Just some days ago I read that some map makers intentionally and inconspicuously mis-spell a few street names or similar, just to be able to trace any plagiarists...)

Ճrs,
Martin

Avi

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Thu, 27 Aug 2020 18:48
If they just watched the sim's behaviour and didn't copy my software code...
but in a way they did.

If they looked how PSX works and took it to MSFS isn't it a problem?
This is why I asked for a picture of the upper EICAS. I want to see how the flaps display appears in it (in a none normal condition).
If it does look like in PSX one can say what do you want? This is how it works. True, but the question is did they do a research work like you or just copied it from PSX? These 2 different things

Cheers,

Avi Adin
LLBG

Hardy Heinlin

Now I'm curious ... :-)

Could someone take a little screenshot of the upper EICAS in the MSFS 748 while its AC bus 2 is unpowered?

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Alec246

Tried here, Turned Off Bus Tie 2 and Gen 2 Off, nothing changed.

They haven't even modeled the ELEC Page yet. Very simple stuff.

Alexis Mefano

Toga

cagarini

Quote from: Toga on Tue,  1 Sep 2020 19:12
What are you looking for Hardy?

Hardy is probably trying to decide if he finally gives up on PSX and becomes a 100% MFS user !

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

... or if he can provide MSFS with a new plane ... like before ... long, long ago...

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Toga on Tue,  1 Sep 2020 19:12
What are you looking for Hardy?

I wanted to see if the MSFS 748 behaves like PSX version 10.0.0, i.e. whether they copied more than just the Aerowinx FMC IDENT cosmetics.

Now I see it doesn't even behave like PS 0.001. It's a skeleton with only a few internal organs.

Alec246

More like a "stapes" (Google says it's the smallest bone in the human body) from PSX, and the rest from Asobo imagination heheheh

Flies like a Fortnite Plane, function as a Casio Calculator from the 90s
Alexis Mefano