News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Microsoft Flight Simulator releasing 18 August 2020

Started by GodAtum, Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:18

GodAtum

I've pre-ordered 3 copies of the Premium Deluxe Edition  ;D God hope it all works, but I guess so as Gary is testing it!

vnangli

I saw the system requirements, and it said 150GB Disk space....So, dropped it immediately. Currently, I am running X-Plane and AEROWINX on an AURORA r6 1080 with 85GB Space left..No plans to upgrade anytime soon..Would have liked to check it out though!!!
747 is not an airplane, it is a symbol of inspiration....

cagarini

Quote from: GodAtum on Mon, 13 Jul 2020 15:18
I've pre-ordered 3 copies of the Premium Deluxe Edition  ;D God hope it all works, but I guess so as Gary is testing it!

Good thing you won't have to rely on the Flight Dynamics...

Looks great though :-)

asboyd

I have been Beta testing the new game pass for PC (AUD$4.95 per month) and Flight Sim will be provided as part of game pass, so roll on August :)

I suggest getting game pass (first month $1 AUD).....

Cheers,
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

GodAtum

Quote from: asboyd on Mon, 13 Jul 2020 23:03
I have been Beta testing the new game pass for PC (AUD$4.95 per month) and Flight Sim will be provided as part of game pass, so roll on August :)

I suggest getting game pass (first month $1 AUD).....

Cheers,

I think the game pass only provides the standard edition, which is incomplete for me needs.

asboyd

You can purchase the upgrade to premium through Xbox Live at discount pricing :)

Cheers,

vnangli

Will this also be available to be run on XBox? I mean, can I run this without a PC and if I have Xbox only??

JohnH

Quote from: vnangli on Tue, 14 Jul 2020 19:43
Will this also be available to be run on XBox? I mean, can I run this without a PC and if I have Xbox only??

It looks like it's PC only, either using a PC or Xbox Game Pass on a PC.

John

mgeiss

Quote from: vnangli on Tue, 14 Jul 2020 19:43
An Xbox release is planned, though no specific date (or even time frame) is given.
Cheers,
Matthias

GodAtum

Can anyone give a hint as to how easy multi-pc setup is? P3D is a pain, but XP11 is so easy to setup a server and clients.

Hammerstan

Quote from: GodAtum on Wed, 15 Jul 2020 10:24
Can anyone give a hint as to how easy multi-pc setup is? P3D is a pain, but XP11 is so easy to setup a server and clients.

I'm guessing the key here will be to bridge PSX to run multiple instances of MSFS.

Curious to know whether anyone is aware of any development work being undertaken to enable MSFS to be used as a scenery generator for PSX.

Gilad

I assume it is too early for anyone to start working on a bridge. Am hoping someone will work on one.

Gary Oliver

andrej

Thanks Gary for a very good news.  8)
I decided to wait for this purchase once it is released (just to get initial feeling from the community, but now, knowing that there will be a link for PSX, I think that I will go for the premium deluxe version sooner.

Best!
Andrej

noo

And Visual PSX for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 ?
A new Visual PSX or one update?

asboyd

Game pass allows all 3 versions.... so at least you can try before you buy.... I also think you may be able to load on multiple PC's using your game pass, but not confirmed yet.
Cheers,
AlexB

GodAtum

Now that the NDA's lifted hopefully testers can answer my questions  :D

1/ How easy it is to sync multiple sims? I really like the XP11 way of networking, rather then the ball ache of simconnect!

2/ Can weather, traffic etc be synced?

3/ How smooth is it with PSX?

4/ How would I do a no cockpit view?

5/ I am using a cloud PC, can I install this on Windows Server 2019?

6/ I need to install 3 copies on 3 different PCs for my flightdeck setup. is that possible or do I need to create separate Microsoft accounts?

7/ What model does PSx use, I don't think there's a 747-400 only an 800?

8/ Does warping software work?

Gary Oliver

NDA has only been lifted for some select Media Partners.

vnangli

The system requirements state 150GB FREE SPACE. That requirement took the steam out of my enthusiasm to explore MSFS 2020. Currently, my PC has about 85GB free space and handles X-Plane 11 easily with 45-50FPS (Sliders at Medium settings) and VULKAN.

My PC is AURORA R6, Alienware....So, would it still work and handle MSFS 20?

andrej

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Thu, 30 Jul 2020 11:58
NDA has only been lifted for some select Media Partners.

I have noticed that FlightDeck2Sim already released some videos. Scenery visuals look very good.
B748 and A32N will most likely not be a quality of PMDG / FSLabs, so third party developers will still be necessary (for us PSX fliers, this is not the case :) ).

I would love to know / see, how default airports at less frequented destinations look. I am also interested how LZIB and area around it looks like. Does it resemble real world state or is it just 'a building/terminal', with appropriate taxiways and correct stands.

I know that my systems can handle it, and I do plan upgrade GPU on my desktop PC. I am looking forwards to it.

Best!
Andrej