News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Engine sounds - Previously discussed threads.

Started by vnangli, Sun, 14 Jun 2020 17:56

vnangli

Captains,
I was searching for threads where forum members have shared their own customized COCKPIT sound files. I am actually looking for engine sounds that the forum members may have customized to their own preferences and for cruise mode. Can you please direct me to any such threads on AEROWINX forum?
Basically, I want to have the sound as a white noise as well when the plane is cruising. During that time I want to spend the time exploring Bill Bulfers FMC Guide  :)

I have benefited from the Layouts and checklist files those were shared on the forum. Now looking for audio files.

Thanks
747 is not an airplane, it is a symbol of inspiration....

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

the mad hatter

why not just use psx sounds ?  they work fine failing that   place x6 vaccum cleaners  around you   add a hologen light in front of your eyes now you are fkying east   ( i joke) 

Chris Kilroy

PSXSounds by Gary Oliver features a little trick that adjusts the engine sound volume based on the PSX-reported altitude. The result is a nice effect where the engines are loud on the ground and fade to nothing more than a nice little background drone by the time you're at cruise. This free program is available somewhere in the Accessories forum.

Britjet

I think it's quite difficult to get the sounds right. On the 747 the wind noise, particularly at high IAS, is very loud. I could only describe it as a "roar".
The engine sound comes a poor second to that. Gary's sound add-on does a nice job of the RB211 "growl" if you use those engines. I use his add-on all the time.
@Madhatter - you reminded me of a Flight Engineer's joke about how he adapted to retirement...
He spent the night at home in a cupboard under the stairs reading the electricity meter by torchlight, then at 6am he stuck a 100-watt lightbulb on the end of his nose. After "landing" he raided the fridge and drank all the beer!
Peter

vnangli

Quote from: Chris Kilroy on Sun, 14 Jun 2020 19:09
PSXSounds by Gary Oliver features a little trick that adjusts the engine sound volume based on the PSX-reported altitude. The result is a nice effect where the engines are loud on the ground and fade to nothing more than a nice little background drone by the time you're at cruise. This free program is available somewhere in the Accessories forum.

Do you remember if that was a separate audiofile?
Quote from: the mad hatter on Sun, 14 Jun 2020 18:56
why not just use psx sounds ?  they work fine failing that   place x6 vaccum cleaners  around you   add a hologen light in front of your eyes now you are fkying east   ( i joke) 
😂😂

JohnH

vnangli

Quote from: JohnH on Sun, 14 Jun 2020 20:04
I think the cheeky name was PSX Vibrate? Info found here.

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4760.0

John
Exactly what I was looking for...Thank you.

vnangli

Quote from: JohnH on Sun, 14 Jun 2020 20:04
I think the cheeky name was PSX Vibrate? Info found here.

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4760.0

John

I run the PSX on my Windows PC. As soon as I ran the PSX Vibrate addon my PSX was connected. However I see the message ROUTER NOT CONNECTED on the PSX Vibrate app. I believe I dont have to do anything with this set up. right? I dont have additional monitors or any hardwares connected. A simple PC running on its own..