News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

RTA data entry text design

Started by Avi, Tue, 14 Apr 2020 20:52

Avi

Avi Adin
LLBG

Hardy Heinlin

Yes, this is for the A or B suffix. Enter 1423B, for example, and you'll see 1423.0zB. And this is not NG specific. The legacy FMC has the same feature.

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Avi

OK.

I just finish reading the NG FMC And More manual.
One hell of a work.

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

andmiz

Quote from: Avi on Tue, 14 Apr 2020 20:52
Is this right?

Never seen that before either.  The A or B is added after an A or B is input.  No box is displayed prior.

Hardy Heinlin

Maybe a company option? Probably not. What exactly is displayed then? If not six, are there at least five boxes with a decimal after the fourth?

P.S.: I rediscovered my source: Bulfer page 177. Six boxes.

andmiz

Yep, we have 5 boxes.  ❐❐❐❐.❐Z

Hardy Heinlin

Could this be an NG specific change? It wouldn't be the only cosmetic detail different from the legacy.

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: andmiz on Thu,  4 Jun 2020 01:09
Yep, we have 5 boxes.  ❐❐❐❐.❐Z

Is there a space after the "Z"?

I assume, when a time is entered in the boxes without an A or B suffix, the time indication will be followed by a "Z" and a space. So when you later add an A or B, the time digits will stay at the their positions instead of jumping one column to the left. The A or B will just go into the space.

Altitude constraints too have a space in the last column which is filled with an A or B (or S) when required. So the altitude digits will stay at their positions instead of jumping sideways when a suffix changes.

|-|ardy

andmiz

I had a look last night which supported the position.  I'll have the opportunity next week to have a better look and will email you a video with its function. 

Hardy Heinlin

Thank you! What do you mean by "which supported the position"? Was there a space in column 24?

Hardy Heinlin

I just learned that the 757/767 Pegasus too shows six boxes like in PSX.

P.S.: ... and on the 748 as well. So PSX is correct. No mods required :-)

Hardy Heinlin