News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Vatsim/Vpilot/AFV/CPDLC questions

Started by Martin Baker, Wed, 1 Apr 2020 18:24

Martin Baker

I'm intending to fly in Cross the Pond on Saturday and have 3 questions about the PSX.Net/P3D/Vatsim set-up:

1. I tried once in the past to log onto an online controller via CPDLC and thought I was communicating with him, but it turned out to be only the internal simulated CPDLC of PSX. Is there a way to do this from PSX and get through to the live controller?

2. Vpilot with AFV works really well in PSX, and many thanks to Gary for sorting the -novoice option on Vpilot. But if I'm tuned into a controller (or Unicom) using the right radio and type a text message it seems to go directly to whichever frequency is tuned on the left radio. I guess this is because I'm using VPilot to type and not AFV, but is there any way around this?

3. Simfest flight plans: is it only when using the BA/Cirrus option that the winds are automatically uploaded into the PSX corridor? This has worked really well for me, but recently I've been doing some non-BA non-Cirrus flights and found I needed to enter them manually - is that correct?

Many thanks,

Martin

Gary Oliver

Martin,

1) Not yet... Chris did say he was having a look at doing this, but I assume real life got in the way.

2) I only ever use VHF L, some thoughts required on multiple radios.  Config File Entry for this in AFV standalone to choose VHF L

3) Ahh I have not tested anything but CIRRUS, what plan format are you using and I shall have a look at making it work.

Cheers
G

GodAtum

Hi Gary, I've been doing some Cathy flights with the same winds issue. Hope that helps.

Hardy Heinlin

Non-Cirrus text format: How does your wind/OAT data text format look like?

Martin Baker

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Thu,  2 Apr 2020 19:28
Non-Cirrus text format: How does your wind/OAT data text format look like?

It's the 5 wind records per leg (4 column) format. No problem at all in PSX - I just paste them in and it works like a dream - it's just not automatic through BACARS, as it is for the Cirrus. M