News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX.net issue

Started by PilotUnaware - BAW17H, Sat, 28 Mar 2020 12:52

PilotUnaware - BAW17H

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get PSX.net to run over a network for FSGRW but something strange is happening.

On the weather page, the "Visual Sim Connect" is able to connect regardless or what IP address or Port number I put in which I know shouldnt be the case at all for example, I can put in 111.000.111.000 wiht port 0 and it still connects (even though it hasn't)

I have opened up the port that I want to use "10000" on both PC's but still is not ready any weather output from the sim.

SimConnect is correctly setup correclt as I have tested this seperatly.

Any help would be fantastic

P.S I got it to work fine for about 10 minutes yesterday and the debug data was collecting the info from P3D but as soon as I Closed it and reopened it, it stopped working
PilotUnaware - BAW17H
https://www.twitch.tv/pilotunaware

Gary Oliver

Craig,

The current thinking is leave FSGW to do the weather in P3D and use PSX SIGMETS/Flight Plan Corridor winds now rather than try to inject from P3D to PSX.

BACARS now automatically imports the winds from PSX dispatch centre anyway so its all automatic.

Cheers
G

PS: I still owe you a phone call!

PilotUnaware - BAW17H

Thanks Gary!

I'll give all this a try when I have all three PC's up and running.

Cheers

Craig

P.S lol no real rush on the call :)
PilotUnaware - BAW17H
https://www.twitch.tv/pilotunaware

beat578

Hi Gary
I halso have an issue with PSX.Net since a few days: I connect it to PSX and everything works fine. After disconnecting when i want to close PSX.NET there is a message: Unhandled Thread Exception. I can not close PSX.Net once it was connected to PSX. I have to opten the taskmanager and "kill" the app. Do you have an Idea what it could be? I use PSX.NEt 1.1.0, The doors module 1.2.0 and the Ground Services 1.1.0. As far as I understood, the other modules are not needed anymore, because BACARS will get the winds directly from Dispatch, is that right?

And another complete different Question: I made a config for the doors for boarding, early turnaround and just Prior to push. If i press Boarding (in a cold and dark state) becaust I want to open the doors, then all chimes go on and the cockpit suddenly has external power connected. So I wonder what exactly those buttons in the door module do. (The configurations and Auto Buttons). Thank you very much. Sorry to bother you, but I did not found any manual describing those things and I am very bad in finding them out as it seems...

EDIT Feb 2021: Bad case of RTFM: found the manual in the thread and it's explained that pressing Boarding or Early turnaround will conncet external power. So solution here would be: just press it after you finished your secure and power up checklist. The second part is solved. First part with app not closing still exists, no matter if i run it as admin or not.

Thanks for the great tools. And yes, psx.net external sim is really smooth, i finally got it to work thanks to john.

Swiso

Quote from: beat578 on Wed, 22 Apr 2020 17:02
Hi Gary
I halso have an issue with PSX.Net since a few days: I connect it to PSX and everything works fine. After disconnecting when i want to close PSX.NET there is a message: Unhandled Thread Exception. I can not close PSX.Net once it was connected to PSX. I have to opten the taskmanager and "kill" the app. Do you have an Idea what it could be?

Same problem here