News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Britjet Situ files - Enjoy!

Started by Britjet, Wed, 25 Mar 2020 17:05

Britjet

Dear all,
To help while away the time in isolation I thought it might be an idea to release all my saved SITU files to the community. There are a LOT of them! They represent many hours happily passing time with the cat in the right-hand seat, music blaring and the occasional Gin&Tonic!
Of course, I use a scenery generator (P3D) but those who do not use such a system hopefully will also find the situs useful.
The various files are very loosely classified by their titles FSE, GATE, MOUNTAIN (I like anything scenic!) CRUISE, ROUTE, TOURS, 100 (Fl100 descent), APP, FUN, GATE, SIMFEST, and WF (WorldFlight) and no doubt others.
The GATE situs are hopefully positioned correctly using outside references such as P3D or GOOGLE. If there is a number in the title after GATE it will be the gate number. If no number it is probably a best guess based on default scenery. The same goes for ROUTE situs.
The FSE (Flight Simulator Experience) situs are some of my favourites and I use them when guests visit my simulator.
Some of the situs are saved by the Event Record button, and some are not.You may find a lot of them are time-saved to evening flights (more romantic!).
There are no programmed failures, and you will no doubt find some switches in strange positions (my bad) as well as some laziness in setting up the P2 panel (I can't reach it easily and the cat doesn't help).
Most are setup for BA aircraft, and a few of the more recent ones are saved with the NG FMC. Please see Hardy's comments below about that. The comms radios have not been set up.
I take no responsibility for the accuracy of the situs - I would suggest that you check things over before you fly...In particular, Altimeter settings, Weather downloads ON or OFF, brake temps etc.

Please don't interrogate me about all the finer points in the situs if you use them - I'm not getting any younger!

Hardy's comments here - please read...

Nav database problems can only occur where a situ related radio station has changed (navaid or ATIS). (COM frequencies entered on the Voice-ATC page are stored in situ files; those are independent of the nav database.)

Users that don't have the NG FMC license cannot correctly load the following situ files:
- Situ files that select the NG FMC
- Situ files that select any LCD CDU (just a cosmetic problem; CRT works as well)
- Situ files that load data into the Corridor page
- Situ files that load data into the SIGMET page
When such a situ file is loaded in a non-licensed PSX, the message "NG FMC license required" will scroll across the PSX screen for some seconds. Thereafter, the sim keeps running, but all NG features and bonus weather data that the situ wants to load cannot be reproduced.

Thanks for reading this long post - and enjoy!
Peter

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6oupr3nlgm3gcm6/Britjet%20Aerowinx%20PSX%20situs.zip?dl=0

MalcolmT

Thank you Peter.  I'm sure I will enjoy these, and just what I was looking for.

Regards
Malcolm

Martin Baker

Many thanks, Peter. These will no doubt come in very handy as I try to fill up the weeks ahead! M

Gary Oliver

Excellent!

Glad to have a download of them all! Will add to the sim.

cagarini

Thx a lot Peter !!!

P.S.: Some situations start with the aircraft on the ground, although they're based on APP.

The 2 FSE APP PORTO 03 situs are actually approaches to LISBON. Porto should be 35 / 17 :-)

Bastien

It's very welcome Peter
thanks a lot

take care of yourselves guys !

mark744

Thanks Peter,

I'm sure they will be educational, enjoyable  and help keep me somewhat current over the coming months of uncertainty.

Regards,

Mark.

Britjet

Quote from: jcomm on Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:50
Thx a lot Peter !!!

P.S.: Some situations start with the aircraft on the ground, although they're based on APP.

The 2 FSE APP PORTO 03 situs are actually approaches to LISBON. Porto should be 35 / 17 :-)

Yes - sorry about Lisbon - I never got round to changing it. Some of the APP situs do indeed start at ground level, I've no idea why - maybe Hardy can shed some light on it - they certainly weren't saved that way. But you can elevate this with the Aerodynamics slider of course..
Peter

Hardy Heinlin

Some situs are very old, from 2015 and 2014. In the early days there was an occassional elevation reload problem with situs that have been saved while an external scenery generator was injecting elevation data. Then in 2015 or 2016 there was a PSX update that introduced another elevation variable to assure the correct elevation at stitu start. Older situs don't include this variable.

Many new variables were added or adjusted during the past six years. E.g. the stab trim settings in the very old situs have a different aerodynamic effect than in later versions. EFIS brightness control curves are now different as well. ILS park mode is differently managed in later versions. And so on.

Loading an old situ file may take some seconds because PSX scans the whole situ file when a variable is not found.

But, all in all, old situ files can still be loaded :-)

Regards,

|-|ardy

RogerH

cagarini

Well,

Peter's situs have made me want to try - again - P3D as a visuals generator.

Why P3D ? Well, because XP11 + PSX is now too heavy in my rig. The session in XP11 also takes ages to load.

I'm considering buying a monthly license from Prepared and use ExternalSim. Some of the situs are meant to be flown around mountainous terrain, so, I guess visuals are really a must in that case :-)

Hardy Heinlin

In the past six years how often did you change your mind regarding scenery generators? Two thousand times? :-)

cagarini

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Thu, 26 Mar 2020 09:58
In the past six years how often did you change your mind regarding scenery generators? Two thousand times? :-)

Now, multiply that by all sims ( psx, il2 battle of, p3d and xp), add-ons, and stuff like that ... It's zillions !

This way I get a good deal of my complex neural net occupied :-)

This being said, I continue to find Wheramium-like ( 2d map ) solutions as my preferred to use with PSX.
Also, no visuals generator gives me the experience I get directly from PSX visuals when landing or taking off.
These suplementary programs are also good while taxiing ( and not always - I still prefer Wheramium for that ) and while cruising if you want to see the views...

But then in order to get nice views, in XP11 you should have Orthos, which are rather heavy, specially for a rig like mine.

I install XP11 plain, then I start adding this & that, and after a week it is pretty much unflyable ...

P3D it's usually less heavy becaue I never bought scenery for it other than Madeira / LPMA + LPPS

Well, anyway, yes, I keep changing my mind :-)))

Britjet

You don't need the professional P3D version. The Academic version is just fine and is used by nearly everyone, and of course there is no time limit.
Regarding the visuals - personally I wouldn't be without the scenery generator. With my rig (180 degree projector setup) it is unbelievably immersive and, once you get the shaders, weather, terrain mesh etc working (and it's not difficult) it can be breathtakingly beautiful.
I am hoping for a further leap forward when FS2020 comes out - the opportunity to explore the world with it cannot be understated in my view.
I think that having a powerful scenery generator and PSX on anything other than a high-end PC will cause problems, though.
I have an I7 and a 1080Ti feeding the three visuals, and an I7 with two 980's feeding all the cockpit instrumentation (6 touch screens).

Everything runs smoothly - P3D at 30 fps and PSX at 72fps - even the wife is happy..
Peter

PS - Thanks Hardy, for the information on the elevation issues - as you say - it's the older situs that are affected..

cavaricooper

Quote from: Britjet on Thu, 26 Mar 2020 10:22

Everything runs smoothly - ... - even the wife is happy..
Peter

Peter- you genius you! That's the bit I'm constantly tinkering with...

;)

C

PS- Thanks for the SITUs
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

744kid

Thank you so much, Peter, for sharing your files. They are so welcome at this time of home isolation.

My best wishes to you and everyone on this forum. Stay safe and well

cagarini

It's never too much to show grattitude for your tutorials and now these huge collection of situs !

Wow, I am enjioying every bit !!!

Using Wheramium for the "high terrain" situations :-)  It kind of works - you don't see the hills / mountain tops in 3d, but you do get a good idea about where you are ( trapped :-) ) ...

All the Best Peter !

MalcolmT

Hi Peter

I note the issue with the early files dated 2014/ 15.  Is there any way I can identify the create date of your files please?  When I extract them all to my HD, the file date changes to the date I did the extract for every file.

Thanks
Malcolm

MalcolmT

My apologies - sorted now duh!!
I just added a column for "created date" to the file explorer view (Windows 10).

:-\

Magoo