News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

General Question: FSUIPC and PSX

Started by Egyptair687, Sat, 21 Mar 2020 10:38

Egyptair687

Dear Reader,

haven't found it in the search.

Can PSX send values to fsuipc and change this values ?
For example:
I want to move the gear lever from down to up.
Can PSX send this command to fsuipc so that fsuipc changes the status of gear from down to up ?
I need this to change the indicator lights in my Jetmax and the InterfaceIt board is very powerful, but needs fsuipc to recognize changes.

thank you
Ahmed

Gary Oliver

Ahmed,

You need PSXInterfaceIT.... an interface from Psx to the boards used in the jet Max.

No bodges required with PSX, you can banish FSUIPC to 1996 where it belongs!

Link on the addons page here

Thanks
Gary

kiek

Ahmed,

Another option is to use PSXseecon (free) to interface Opencockpits hardware programmed in SIOC with PSX.

2220 predefined SIOC Variables representing 99% of the functionality of the PSX interface are available. These variables give access to almost all states and controls of the PSX. You can receive information about state changes in the 744 and you can set Buttons, Switches, levers, Throttles, Dials, what have you, in the 744. Everything you need to build a cockpit.

Link is also on the add ons page here.

Regards,
Nico

Egyptair687

Hello Gary , Hello Nico,

thank you very much !!!

I will try both ways and see, what will give full access to the Jetmax.

Another thing: Is it possible to assign keystrokes to the autobrake switch ? Didn't found assignments in the PSX manual.

Ahmed

Avi

Quote from: Egyptair687 on Sat, 21 Mar 2020 12:46
Another thing: Is it possible to assign keystrokes to the autobrake switch ? Didn't found assignments in the PSX manual.

Sure. The 2 keys right to the letter 'M'. It is in page 31 under (country spec)

Cheers,
Avi Adin
LLBG

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Egyptair687 on Sat, 21 Mar 2020 12:46
Is it possible to assign keystrokes to the autobrake switch ?

On German keyboards: Comma key and period key. These two keys are on the right-hand side of the M key and may be labelled differently in other country settings.

|-|ardy

Avi was faster.

Egyptair687

Thank you gentlemen !

@Gary: Great software, I have spent the whole day trying to assign buttons and annunciators via InterfaceIt to PSX and with your software it is a piece of cake...

Ahmed

Egyptair687

@ Gary:
I am struggeling with the outputs for Gear and Speedbrakes armed & extended and fmc on eicas.
I know, that these indications are shown on the eicas, is there a way /variable to connect them to the respective indicators ?

thank you
Ahmed

Pipsara

Quote from: Gary Oliver on Sat, 21 Mar 2020 11:05
Ahmed,

You need PSXInterfaceIT.... an interface from Psx to the boards used in the jet Max.

No bodges required with PSX, you can banish FSUIPC to 1996 where it belongs!

Link on the addons page here

Thanks
Gary

Not so fast with the idea of banishing FSUIPC...... If you want to use any of the Saitek Pro Flight hardware like radios, switch panels, BIP panels etc. with PSX, Fsuipc and PSXSEECON will give you a way. This is my post that explains how
http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=5342.msg57543#msg57543
Regards Mike