News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Interesting Corona Virus Study

Started by emerydc8, Tue, 10 Mar 2020 21:37

Captain_Crow

More than well done, dear Jack!!
I am really impressed by this video.

Best
Steff

the mad hatter

2 cases in austin tx    and its the zombie apocalypse..stores bare

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Down here in Miami the store situation is WORSE than one day before the big Cat 4 was about to hit in 2018.

One thing stands out: fuel is no problem. Many other things are in short or no supply. However if you go to the supermarket with in your head "I need something to eat," you have no issue at all. Only if you have a shopping list of 29 items that are absolutely critical then you will have issues.

Nearly no air traffic, neither the heavies from MIA nor the Cessnas from TMB.

Miami Beach was emptier than usual (for a spring break) but still full of people not practicing any social distancing. Traffic in the suburbs is as usual. This is going to be bad.

Thankfully my mortgage is going down to 0%. Oh it isn't? Wait what?

Hoppie

emerydc8

That's pretty much the same thing as here in Tucson. At the supermarket tonight, all the bread was cleaned off the shelves, and this was in the most affluent area of town. It actually made me wonder if anyone was stocking up for reasons other than the virus.

As you alluded, the Fed lowered the fed fund rate to zero today and threw in another $700 billion of (not) QE, all to prevent the stock market/ponzi scheme from crashing tomorrow. As soon as they did this, the futures went limit down and the market puked it right back at them. So the Fed is out of bullets and the only thing left for them to do is to start buying individual stocks. I think it takes the consent of Congress to do that, but we'll see soon enough. Not to downplay the seriousness of the virus, I think the more acute crisis at this point will be the seizure of the credit markets. When the credit cards stop working and businesses can no longer borrow money, that will be the wakeup call for the insouciant American public. Get out the popcorn. This will be interesting.

QuoteNearly no air traffic, neither the heavies from MIA nor the Cessnas from TMB.

How about our nightly departure to CVG?

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Only these:

Envoy Air ENY3676 E145 Sun 07:35PM EDT
ABX Air ABX183         B763 Sun 06:00PM EDT
Southern Air SOO7918 B77L Sun 05:30PM EDT
Envoy Air ENY4161 E145 Sun 03:30PM EDT
Republic RPA4503 E75L Sun 08:40AM EDT
Atlas Air GTI3723 B763 Sun 05:16AM EDT

Next Atlas is already past scheduled and not moving.

emerydc8

If forgot -- It's Sunday night.

the mad hatter

The world seems to be ending at the moment - bye bye my pension and I guess soon the government will make interest rates negative so the government can steal my other savings to give to people to take out cheap loans for things they didn't bother to save for, so when the world finally recovers we can have another financial crisis from people who didn't realise they had to pay for stuff. I'm going to have to be careful because I think a good percentage of business will go bust, many of whom are starting to ask for extra work, the new Global Currency (GC) will be toilet rolls, as the UK/US is now out of toilet rolls (many of which it appears have been bought be eBayers to sell on the black market).

Hardy Heinlin

A handkerchief and some water can replace a thousand rolls of toilet paper.

the mad hatter

the French have biedays ( spelt wrong)  so you can wash hands at same time   multi tasking  LOL

farrokh747

QuoteWonderful project, dedicated to Wuhan, found on Jack's web site: https://youtu.be/2pOteL3SZE0

Wonderful work, Jack...!

Zubin Mehta is my second cousin ...  :)

http://farrokhchothia.com/slists/zm/     some of my photographs from his mumbai (bombay) visits ...

Once again...  wonderful music......  !

fc

United744

Why do people think it's only the flu???

The virus is SARS. SEVERE ACUTE RESPIRATORY SYNDROME.

SEVERE, because it will kill you. Acute, because that is what the symptoms are.

Some of the better problems caused by SARS:

* Pneumonia
* Kidney failure
* Infertility in men

In addition, if you survive the virus, it causes permanent lung damage and consequently a permanent reduction in lung function.

There are many patients test positive, go to hospital, recover, test negative, go home, and are back in hospital a few days later, testing positive again.

The number of new cases in some areas are very low or zero, but of the 80,000 people who got it in China, STILL OVER HALF ARE ILL WITH IT.

What they are also not reporting is the fact it may take MONTHS to recover from should you become ill.

The best way is to avoid it completely, though it will still be necessary to go out shopping.

The bus study was fantastic, and very informative.

If masks weren't effective, why do medical staff use them?

If you get a fever, do NOT take any medicine that is classed as an NSAID (e.g. asperin, ibuprofen). Talk to your doctor if you need these for other reasons.

The media are full of crap, and best avoided.

Google and YouTube are now being heavily censored of anything that isn't the damn MSM regarding SARS-CoV-2, but just a couple of weeks ago there was some very interesting scientific discussion and research easily available to read.

Don't be Patient 31 in ROK. STAY HOME AND TAKE THIS PROBLEM VERY SERIOUSLY.

https://graphics.reuters.com/CHINA-HEALTH-SOUTHKOREA-CLUSTERS/0100B5G33SB/index.html

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: United744 on Tue, 17 Mar 2020 00:25
... of the 80,000 people who got it in China, STILL OVER HALF ARE ILL WITH IT.

Your numbers seem to be outdated.

According to https://coronaviruslivemap.com/

In China, 17 March 2020, 0100 UTC:
162221 confirmed cases of humans who got it since the start of the crisis
137584 cured (way more than the half cured in relation to 162221)

Same ratio here, but with different numbers; see the cured cases in green. Click "weltweit" (worldwide):
https://interaktiv.morgenpost.de/corona-virus-karte-infektionen-deutschland-weltweit/

In China, 17 March 2020, 0100 UTC:
81038 confirmed current cases who are having it now
68763 cured (way more than the half cured in relation to 81038)

I don't understand the difference between the numbers 137584 and 68763.

United744

Ahh, yes. This thing is moving quickly.

According to Worldometer (fairly reliable), total cases in China are 80881. The reason for the other, much higher figure could be worldwide cases, or an extrapolation of those with the virus vs. ill enough to become noticed by the authorities (this is why testing is so important).

Worldometer: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Note that at least the UK and USA are grossly under-reporting, though the number of deaths should be accurate.

emerydc8

The worldometers.info site has some good information and was just recommended to me by a friend.

Jon