News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

logitech extreme 3D PRO

Started by danpil, Sun, 8 Mar 2020 19:06

danpil

Hello
I don't succeed to use this joystick with catalina ...Befote it was working perfectly well...
ANY HELP ?
Danpil

Ton van Bochove

If you read the flightsim fora you will see that you are not the only one: it seems to be supported anymore by the latest MAC OS
Ton

danpil

Thank you TON
So can you tell me which new one I can buy ??

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Ton van Bochove on Sun,  8 Mar 2020 19:20
If you read the flightsim fora you will see that you are not the only one: it seems to be supported anymore by the latest MAC OS

Could you provide a link to the sources? As far as I understand it, the Logitech Extreme 3D PRO just provides simple USB axes like any other USB standard joystick. If it doesn't work anymore, nothing would work anymore.

It could be that OSX has stopped supporting 32 bit force feedback; but if so, they stopped it about 10 years ago, and it would only affect the force feedback output, not the axes input. That Logitech stick provides no force feedback anyway.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Ton van Bochove

Ton

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: danpil on Sun,  8 Mar 2020 19:30
Thank you TON
So can you tell me which new one I can buy ??

I am very happy with my Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS setup.
Ton

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Ton van Bochove on Sun,  8 Mar 2020 21:45
Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sun,  8 Mar 2020 20:22
Could you provide a link to the sources?

I found the answer at the logitech site: https://www.logitechg.com/de-de/products/gamepads/extreme-3d-pro-joystick.html#product-tech-specs

Supports only Windows versions !

This is just a sloppily written product description focussing on Windows users who want to know which Windows version will work with this joystick. They exclude information about Mac, Linux etc., but that doesn't mean this USB joystick doesn't work on other USB computers.

I used this joystick on my 2014 Mac OSX when I filmed this video (see the moving, black plastic piece in the lower right corner):

https://youtu.be/QqxEOOCnJ5s?t=84

:-)

|-|ardy

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sun,  8 Mar 2020 22:08
Quote from: Ton van Bochove on Sun,  8 Mar 2020 21:45
Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Sun,  8 Mar 2020 20:22
Could you provide a link to the sources?

I found the answer at the logitech site: https://www.logitechg.com/de-de/products/gamepads/extreme-3d-pro-joystick.html#product-tech-specs

Supports only Windows versions !

This is just a sloppily written product description focussing on Windows users who want to know which Windows version will work with this joystick. They exclude information about Mac, Linux etc., but that doesn't mean this USB joystick doesn't work on other USB computers.

I used this joystick on my 2014 Mac OSX when I filmed this video (see the moving, black plastic piece in the lower right corner):

https://youtu.be/QqxEOOCnJ5s?t=84

:-)

|-|ardy

We can say that officially Logitech does not support the MAC anymore otherwise they would mention it is the specs.  But one of the Catalina issues was the USB (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295) Maybe this could be the reason that dampil his joystick does not work anymore.
Ton

danpil

Hello
Thank you for your answers !
AS Hardy said this joystick was Great before CATALINA apple .
As Ton advised I go on apple support and reset the SMC chipset BUT NO JOY
Ton ,Are you sure the version T.16000 FCS Hostas will work on catalina ?
Hardy, which new one you have with Catalina ?
I'm ready to buy a new joystick but with success : I love so much AEROWINX (Thanks Hardy !!°
Danpil

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: danpil on Mon,  9 Mar 2020 19:13
Hardy, which new one you have with Catalina ?

I don't have Catalina. I use a Thrustmaster Warthog on Mac OSX 10.9.5.

|-|ardy

Ton van Bochove

I will check it tomorrow because I only use both on a Windows notebook
Ton

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: Ton van Bochove on Mon,  9 Mar 2020 22:41

I will check it tomorrow because I only use both on a Windows notebook

I did not get it to work, PSX detects the joystick but it does not respond to input.
Ton

danpil

Hello ,
Thank you Hardy and Ton !
I tried also from friends THRUSTMASTER and SAITE Kcyborg 3Dgold : NO JOY !
I don'y know what to do !?...
Danpil

danpil

Just to know
the THRUSTMASTER is T-FLIGHT HOSTAS X

Hardy Heinlin

I noticed the Internet is full of problem reports regarding Catalina's new security functions; it may affect keyboard and joystick inputs.

I wouldn't purchase Catalina now unless you need it for other purposes. Better wait until Apple provides a solution. If you got your Catalina Macbook just for PSX, can you return it to your Mac retailer?

Regards,

|-|ardy

danpil

Hello Hardy
Unfortunately, I Must use catalina for FCPX (video software)
I think about another solution but I will need your help.
I would like to install PSX in my PC which has windows 7 system. And has all the power to support it...
Will it take a long time . I kept your DVD AEROWINX. PRECISION SIMULATOR version 10.0.0 /1995-2014 Hardy Heinlin.
Danpil.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Danpil,

just copy your existing Aerowinx folder from the Mac to your Win 7 computer. That's all. You can do this through a network, or by using an external harddisk or USB memory stick etc. You need not re-install the DVD and the updates.

|-|ardy

danpil

Thanks
I try and keep you informed
Danpil

danpil

Hello Hardy
You confirm that i must use WINRAR
I have done it but no joy ...I have also installed Java ...
Any help?

danpil

Hello Hardy
I've noticed something and maybe that's why I don't succeed transferring aerowinx file to my PC:
When I copy the file aerowinx file in the USB hard drive inside there are files .jar like AerowinxStart.jar
BUT when I paste tie file Aerowinx in the PC , I don't see anymore these .jar at the end  ?