News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2020

Started by Hardy Heinlin, Wed, 19 Feb 2020 11:18

Hardy Heinlin

Hello all,

the Nav Database Update for the year 2020 (using AIRAC cycle 20-03) is now available:

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2020 at Aviation Megastore

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2020 at Aerosoft Germany

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2020 at Aerosoft USA

Aerowinx Nav Database Update 2020 at Hyway Australia

Like the previous updates, this new 2020 update will enable the enhanced weather radar graphics that are available in PSX version 10.0.8 and higher. If you have questions regarding the weather radar, please post them in this thread.

If your last nav database is older than four years and you are used to the name "Navtech": Our database provider is still the same, but they are now part of the Airbus Group and they've changed their name to "Navblue".

Please note:
Precision Simulator has been, and will be, used by professional customers like universities, airlines etc. For this reason, Navigraph and Aerosoft cannot provide data to PSX; they are not authorized by their suppliers to support professional products with their data, especially not at entertainment mass market prices. It's not a question of whether an individual customer is a professional or not. It's about the product category. Therefore this service here is independent of the entertainment segment, and the plan is to provide a database update to PSX users once per year (using the March cycle) to keep the costs as low as possible.

The database is used by the following components in Precision Simulator:
- Flight Management System
- EGPWS landing-short-of-runway alert (TCF)
- Navaid stations and receivers
- Airport communication radios and receivers
- Voice-ATC and CPDLC simulation
- Voice-ATIS and D-ATIS
- METAR management
- Instructor maps
- Instructor Analysis pages
- Instructor aircraft repositioning tools
- Scenery generator (runways, gates, airport beacons)

System requirement:
Precision Simulator update 10.0.2 or higher: the latest update can be downloaded free of charge.

Database installation:
Don't unzip the downloaded file. Just copy the zip file to the (empty) subfolder Aerowinx/Navigation/-New and restart Precision Simulator. That's all. If you use multiple computers in a local Precision Simulator network, install the file in the same way on those computers too. With one purchased download you are allowed to use up to four database copies within your local network.

Check your new AIRAC cycle number in Precision Simulator:
When the new database is installed, please go to the About/Quit page on the Instructor screen and check that this remark is included: "
Navigation data by Navblue (cycle 2003)". -- Please ignore the cycle dates indicated on the FMC IDENT page. Those are simulated cycle dates and vary with the simulated time of the year; they are intended for FMS training only and don't refer to the physically installed cycle.

Thank you for your interest!

Regards,

|-|ardy

cavaricooper

Wunderbar!

Spring 2020 has been GREAT for our 744, Danke!

C

Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

cagarini

Another MUST HAVE for the "new" 744 :-)

Next will be a Navigraph subscription, to finally have access to their chart service and still hopping that one they someone will create a "PSX plugin" - I know I could use P3D minimized but that would force me to buy monthly P3D licenses...

nicolas

Jason M Tutwiler

Jason M. Tutwiler

Jason M Tutwiler

I get the difference between market segments.  N/p and as long as I update my other stuff (scenery gen) with navigraph to DB 2003 and leave it, it will be inline with PSX for the most part. I really don't need nav updates every 28 days. So yeah, this is cool!  Thanks Hardy, you are amazing! 
Jason M. Tutwiler

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Just repeating this because it never hurts to know, for the new people aboard:

Most routes delivered by flight planning software, such as PFPX, contain full coordinates and names of all fixes and beacons and airways. This is sufficient data for PSX to plot and fly the whole route, even if it contains fixes and other items not in the PSX nav database itself. So as long as you don't want to make changes by adding new items to the route (and ATC typically only gives shortcuts to existing items), you can fly with an older PSX database and not notice.

Of course this does not hold for new runways, SIDs, STARs, etc. but in most cases the changes are sufficiently small that you can work around them without major trouble. And in the end there is always vectors...

Hoppie

Jason M Tutwiler

I found a cool program that gives PFPX a good challenge and it's free.  It's called littlenavmap.  I'm pretty sure you can achieve similar flight plans with it and it has aircraft performance data that you can import with .lnmperf files.  I've yet to get the aircraft performance part of it working but I also think it can connect to online resources and pull the data down.  It's a pretty complex flight planner and PFPX is overrated with you have sites like simbrief.com and others that more and more local software is integrating with. 
Jason M. Tutwiler

tim96

Hi Hardy,

thank you  :)

Best regards
Volker

andrej

Hi Hardy,

thanks for this update!

Cheers,
Andrej

744kid

As ever, Hardy, thanks. Downloaded and installed.

Cheers

Markus Vitzethum

Hello Hary,

very nice, thank. First thing I'll do is to fly the brand-new ILS (and RNAV) 16L and 16R approaches at Tokyo-Haneda (RJTT)...

But can you please check on the (also brand-new) airport ZBAD, Beijing - Daxing, opened in September 2019?
It is supposed to have 4 runway (01L/19R, 17L/35R, 17R/35L and 11L/29R), however only the first two (01L, 17L) are present in the PSX database. The missing runways 17R and 11L are by no means minor, all runways (except 11L) are equipped with ILS approaches.

From what I see in other databases (other suppliers), all runways for ZBAD are present, hopefully they are not missing from the Navblue database.

Thanks for checking,
  Markus

Hardy Heinlin

Sorry, Markus, Navblue's runway database just got these four records (two runways) for ZBAD:

SEEUP ZBADZBGRW01L
SEEUP ZBADZBGRW17L
SEEUP ZBADZBGRW19R
SEEUP ZBADZBGRW35R

Regards,

|-|ardy

brian747

[Apologies if this is slightly OT for the new Nav Database (for which, much thanks) thread, Hardy — please move it if required].

Thank you for the heads up on that one, Markus, since I have been seriously considering the stunning version 1.2 of Daxing for X-Plane, which was released on January 23rd (there's a video here:https://youtu.be/nwzwgpDOtyY and the release is described here https://store.thresholdx.net/products/beijing-daxing-zbad)  (There's also a version for P3Dv4 by Bridge, but these days I am increasingly using X-Plane as my PSX add-on scenery generator).

Incidentally, during my researches about the airport I encountered some information (previously, unknown to me) about China's aviation policy in a review here https://xplanereviews.com/index.php?/forums/topic/1747-quick-impression-zbad-beijing-daxing-international-airport-by-star-atlas/

The review says, in part:
QuoteIt is important to understand China's aviation policy of its airports. They are govened by the "One route, One Airline" policy which means that no two Chinese airlines can base themselves at one airport, so Air China is based at the older Beijing  BCIA-Beijing Capitol International Airport (PEK-ZBAA), China Eastern is In Shanghai and China Southern is entrenched at Guangzhou. And for instance when China Southern wanted to do Beijing-Paris services with their A380 aircraft they were refused the route, for international airlines the policy is not valid and so they can fly to all the major airports in China.

ZBAD Daxing is the first airport in Chine to change this outdated policy, as all the major Chinese airlines will now be allowed to operate from the airport; but Air China still has the vast majority stake on slots and aircraft fleet numbers here.

Interesting. And with construction still ongoing, it looks as though Daxing is going to be a significant airport in the future.

Cheers,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

cavaricooper

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Fri, 21 Feb 2020 01:53
Sorry, Markus, Navblue's runway database just got these four records (two runways) for ZBAD:

SEEUP ZBADZBGRW01L
SEEUP ZBADZBGRW17L
SEEUP ZBADZBGRW19R
SEEUP ZBADZBGRW35R

Regards,

|-|ardy

If we would like these in the database, should we re-download the files from our vendor now?  To clarify, have all the vendor DLs been updated?

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Hardy Heinlin

The retailers won't get any updates until March 2021.

If you get any updates, you get them from me as usual by automatic patches within the latest Aerowinx.jar file. However, I'm having no plans to patch the ZBAD stuff as I don't have the missing data.

asboyd

Hi Hardy,
Just bought from Hyway in Oz but the file I installed is 2003. I have asked Hyway to check but will probably have to wait until next week to get update...

Cheers,
Alex B
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Martin Baker

I think 2003 means 20/03, as in 03/2020. M

asboyd

Fair enough, although it is confusing to call it Navdata update 2020 and then see cycle 2003.....  ???

Cheers,

AlexB
Alex Boyd... Sydney, Australia

Ton van Bochove

Look in the map "old" of the navigation map, there you will find the previous.
Ton