News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Instructor window won't open when selected from menu

Started by Icarus747, Tue, 28 Jan 2020 03:45

Icarus747

Press escape.... nothing.  Select from upper right menu?  Nothing.  Is there any way to get the sim out of a maximized window, without getting into the Instructor station?  Once the sim opens i cannot get it out of full screen mode.  This is new.  Not sure why it is happening.
THRUST REF, VNAV SPEED!

John Golin

<alt><enter> ?

<alt><tab> to cycle through open windows

<windows><m> to minimise all windows
John Golin.
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

Icarus747

Nope.  ALT>ENTER presses the warning/caution button.  I need to get the screen in a window frame with the right hand, top - [] X buttons.  Need keystrokes to do it as instructor window will not open.  ALT>TAB only brings up the sim and the boost server window.  It used to also bring up the instructor window, if open, but it no longer shows up.
THRUST REF, VNAV SPEED!

Hardy Heinlin

The Instructor can be forced to stay invisible. This feature has been requested by an airline so that students cannot influence their sim sessions.

See: http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4406.0

Load your Aerowinx/Preferences/Default.pref file with a text editor and check that the "CustomCode" is set to zero:

CustomCode=0

And while you're at it, also check that "WdoMaximStart" is set to zero:

WdoMaximStart=0

Then resave this Default.pref file and restart PSX.

"WdoMaximStart" refers to the checkbox "Start with maximized window ..." on Instructor > Preferences > Basics.

|-|ardy

Icarus747

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Tue, 28 Jan 2020 05:06
The Instructor can be forced to stay invisible. This feature has been requested by an airline so that students cannot influence their sim sessions.

See: http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4406.0

Load your Aerowinx/Preferences/Default.pref file with a text editor and check that the "CustomCode" is set to zero:

CustomCode=0

And while you're at it, also check that "WdoMaximStart" is set to zero:

WdoMaximStart=0

Then resave this Default.pref file and restart PSX.

"WdoMaximStart" refers to the checkbox "Start with maximized window ..." on Instructor > Preferences > Basics.

|-|ardy

CustomCode is 0.  "WdoMaximStart" was set to 1.  I set it to 0 but no change.  Running version 10.0.8.  After running program with no luck, went back to perf file and "WdoMaximStart" was back to 1 again! 

UPDATE:  Okay, everything is set as you stated.  Instructor will still not open.  View is now messed up, but task bar is visible.  It wasn't before.  But still no instructor.  Now menu top left will not open either with mouseover.
THRUST REF, VNAV SPEED!

Hardy Heinlin

Running version 10.0.8? That's from March 2016. That's stone age.

Please update to 10.94.

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=2841.0

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4191.0

|-|ardy

What's in your Default.pref? It sounds like there is no content in that file. Or your start-up layout file does not exist. Did you delete anything? Or did you copy something not quite completely?

Icarus747

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Tue, 28 Jan 2020 16:36
Running version 10.0.8? That's from March 2016. That's stone age.

Please update to 10.94.

Yes, it's an oldie but a goodie!  :D  It works as it is, and I would hate myself if updating caused my any problems.  I'll look at it after recurrent in the spring.  I really want the NG box soooo.....
THRUST REF, VNAV SPEED!

JohnH

Recent updates added the following to the Instructors page

About/Quit Extra licences installed
Model>FMS NG FMC (Next Generation FMC)

So if you don't have those entries you may not be able to use the Next Generation FMC

John

Avi

What does your InstructorPos line in the preference file (2nd line) show?

I switched once in the past my screens and found my instructor page at a negative X.  I cheanged it and problem solved.
Avi Adin
LLBG

Hardy Heinlin

Ah! If that's the problem, there's a trick to restore the normal Instructor size and position:

Press and hold CTRL+ALT and then additionally press ESC (while holding CTRL+ALT)

If it doesn't work do it again. It will work the first or second time, depending on whether the Instructor was hidden.

However, I can't remember if PSX 10.0.6 had this feature already.

|-|

Icarus747

Quote from: JohnH on Wed, 29 Jan 2020 21:08
Recent updates added the following to the Instructors page

About/Quit Extra licences installed
Model>FMS NG FMC (Next Generation FMC)

So if you don't have those entries you may not be able to use the Next Generation FMC

John

Oh I'm going to update it... just not right before recurrent.  The NG is a must for me.  What will the cost of the NG be?  I'd like to get my employer ready.

So I figured out what the problem was.  I don't know how it happened, but the instructor station would open, it just wasn't visible.  When I would look for it on the taskbar in only showed a blank page with the title bar SERVER - BOOST, so i didn't think that was it.  I figured out I could click on the little PSX icon in the upper left corner of the taskbar window and select RESTORE.  Pure luck!  But there it is, if it happens to anybody else.
THRUST REF, VNAV SPEED!