News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Feature idea call for PM actions

Started by Toga, Sun, 26 Jan 2020 17:02

Toga

Hi,

I've been practising some raw data profiles for an upcoming sim session. I wondered if it was possible to call for things to be set by the PM. For example: "set heading 157" "set alt 4000" "set STD passing FLxxx for FLxxx"" Set "nav 2 course xxx" "Set nav 2 freq xxx" etc.

Would really add an element of CRM into the sim and help with the sim checks!

Toga.

cavaricooper

A splendid suggestion, and if HH's workload doesn't permit atm, perhaps Vito will consider... this would take FiFLi to an entirely new level!

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=2481.0

C
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA

Toga

Also, in the aircraft I fly we have sensors that detect the ambient light in the flight deck and adjusts the brightness of the displays automatically. Does the 744 not have this? Having to adjust all of the displays constantly is a PITA.

andmiz

While we're making suggestions, would it be possible to add a feature that would input the correct amount of rudder trim in an engine inop scenario?  In an IPT setting without controls, it would allow engine inoperative procedures to be practiced without having to manipulate the trim.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi,

all this stuff is not trivial as it would require another major add-on that can manage all sorts of automatic reactions on customer defined conditions etc.

I might consider developing such an add-on in one of the next years.

Regards,

|-|ardy

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Just dreaming with coffee.

Some of such extra features need to be built into the main sim core, but many/most can be implemented by external add-ons that listen to the normal aircraft life signs and then nudge some controls as if a human would, using the network. PSX would not notice it isn't the human user from a connected client PSX.

Even if running such add-ons is not convenient for low-hardware (single notebook in hotel room) users, the concept would allow a lot of experimentation and verification over time, without bothering Hardy too much.

Developing that auto-asymmetric-thrust-corrector is interesting in itself. We know it can be done, quite a few two-tubers have it already.

Hoppie

Toga

Andmiz, you just need to fly an airbus mate ;-)

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: andmiz on Wed, 29 Jan 2020 02:20
While we're making suggestions, would it be possible to add a feature that would input the correct amount of rudder trim in an engine inop scenario?  In an IPT setting without controls, it would allow engine inoperative procedures to be practiced without having to manipulate the trim.

On the other hand, this feature alone is not really that difficult to implement. But the virtual pilot should set the rudder trim by the rudder trim control switch and not instantly like a kick into the pedal. That is, there will be some delay until the ball is centered after a sudden thrust change.

|-|ardy

cagarini

Some of the features mentioned are well in the line of products for FSX / P3D that although I have never used are very famous in that platform - FS2Crew.

Maybe either they could show interest in developing a module for PSX, or someone could add these features to some Java / Python /... add-on :-)

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: andmiz on Wed, 29 Jan 2020 02:20

This feature is now implemented in PSX update 10.96 (bonus for NG FMC licensees):

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=5584.0

Regards,

|-|ardy