News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Pilot display on real screens

Started by Sim747, Thu, 23 Jan 2020 13:07

Sim747

Hello All , I new to this Forum . I am working on my B747 sim for a while using all original parts . On the 6 display screens I have custom made screens 17cm x 16.5 cm that fit exactly inside the original casing . Not sure how to add pictures to this forum . The problem I have is how to display all display on six square screens using PSX .. when I drag it let say the engine display it either goes black or unable to drag picture to the screen . Can you individually set the screen ( 3 CDU + 6 Pilot display ) ? These screens have been custom made and took 3 years to find them .

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Hi Ted.

Are those 6 screens plus CDU screens all individual screens, connected to individual PCs or video cards?

H

Pictures: http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1744.0

Sim747

I am using a video card Nvidia NVS 810 which has 8 display port . It's only running on one computer .

Sim747

Hardy Heinlin

Quote from: Sim747 on Thu, 23 Jan 2020 13:07
when I drag it let say the engine display it either goes black or unable to drag picture to the screen .

On Instructor > Preferences > Basics you need to activate the checkbox "Allow frame stretching across multiple monitors", then resave your preferences and restart PSX.

You can also network 6 instances of PSX, all started from the same Aerowinx folder, and let PSX #1 feed monitor #1, and let PSX #2 feed monitor #2, etc.

Regards,

|-|ardy

beat578

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Thu, 23 Jan 2020 15:21
You can also network 6 instances of PSX, all started from the same Aerowinx folder, and let PSX #1 feed monitor #1, and let PSX #2 feed monitor #2, etc.

I suggest Hardy's 2nd Option. Also read this Tutorial: http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1999.0
Just did that last week. It takes some time to set it all up, but the cool thing is, you can have individual views on every display for every key from 1 to 9, So on 1 Display (or mabe 2 or 3 in your case) you can always have the pilots view of the most important instruments, and on the other you can switch between pedestral, overhead, CDU or whatever you like to see. PSX will not only save the views for you, but also the exact position on every display.

Took me some time to get into, but now i am very happy with it.
Kind regards
Beat LSZH