News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

F/O Takeoff - Random Failures?

Started by United744, Wed, 11 Dec 2019 19:23

United744

Hi,

When getting the F/O to takeoff the other night, I had unexpected FOD damage to #2. EGT exceeded red line, and the engine produced less thrust.

This would have been all well and good had it not been for the following behavior from the virtual F/O: he pushed the nose down and tried to land the aircraft.

The aircraft was light and climbing out on 3 engines. I had already commanded gear up when I noticed the failure. I was then aware of the runway coming up at us and the nose being pitched down.

Speed was above V2, and accelerating.

I checked for failures, and none were set (either random or otherwise).

Questions:

1) Why did the FO pitch down dangerously?

2) As part of the F/O takeoff, are random events programmed? I see no reason for the FOD damage.

Hardy Heinlin

Hi,

FOD may occur during takeoff in icing conditions when the aircraft has not been de-iced shortly before.

The virtual pilot is not programmed to land. He or she will kick the rudder and try to maintain V2, and engage the A/P at 400 feet at which point you will hear "Your control!". At that point maybe you didn't take the controls and let the A/P fly the aircraft with the rudders centered, causing the aircraft to bank and descend?

o-Oardy