News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

ACE 747 Proline yoke, & CP flight MCP + efis for sale ( in Netherlands)

Started by diemo, Mon, 25 Nov 2019 21:32

ahaka

So are there any imaginable situations where one would need to use full aileron deflection? Physically damaged wing requiring extreme compensation? Other than that? Thinking I would try what Hardy suggested, maybe 1500 and -1500.

Another question for Peter, what value do you use for the elevator bias in PSX settings?
Antti

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Full aileron deflection means also lots of spoilers on the down wing, hence lots of lost lift, not good even if you want to correct heavy asymmetry.

I can imagine that you need a lot of aileron if the spoilers have failed and you're slow.

Hoppie

Britjet

Quote from: ahaka on Tue, 10 Dec 2019 11:00
Another question for Peter, what value do you use for the elevator bias in PSX settings?

I think it depends very much on the joystick. You need to avoid being over-responsive to large inputs, but also be positive with regard to small inputs. I think it's a very personal choice. The response should "feel" linear, and avoid the "springy" effect as much as possible. You need to test it so that there is a definite positive pull needed for rotation, while allowing small movements for small pitch changes on approach. This should also make the flare input about right.
Other than that I can't really suggest much.
Peter

RogerH

Quote from: Britjet on Sun,  8 Dec 2019 10:53
My ACE yolk can turn through about 90 degrees

My frying pan has a loose handle as well...

ahaka

Thank you Peter, for the information. What I meant to ask is since all ACE column yokes have the same mechanics, what value did you personally find most suitable for it?

No trial and error or guesswork if all the owners of the same yoke can get the number straight from a real 744 pilot. :)
Antti

diemo

Britjet