News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

ACE 747 Proline yoke, & CP flight MCP + efis for sale ( in Netherlands)

Started by diemo, Mon, 25 Nov 2019 21:32

diemo

Hi all,

I'm moving to a new place and need to clean up shop. Therefore I'm selling my ACE 747  fullsize yoke. I bought it in march 2017 and have actually hardly used it; found out that building a cockpit setup gave me more joy then actually flying it :). Due to its size and weight it's not very practical to ship it so this could be interesting for anyone living in(or near) the Netherlands. Asking €825, or best offer.
The CP Flight MCP & Efis control panel are also looking for a new owner. I paid €1100 for them in 2017 and ask €750 or best offer. These units are just simply too nice to sit in a corner and collect dust...

best regards,

Diego

Britjet

diemo

Hi Peter, it is the capt side version. Though if your handy you can switch the trim switches to the FO side if that's your preference; and make it an FO yoke. it has push-to-talk switches on the left-and right-handside so you can tailor it to your needs.

kind regards,

Diego

Britjet

Hi Diego,
Thanks for the info. Not this time for me, thanks. I am looking for an FO version which doesn't require a mod.
For anyone else - I can recommend the ACE unit - nicely made and close to the real thing for control force..
Peter.

Frans Spruit

Hi Diego,

I live 20 km from EHAM. I am interested, let me know where to meet.

Frans Spruit

diemo

Hi Frans, I realize that I don't know how to send a pm or email to you. Is there a way to send a pm?

regards,

Diego

diemo

B747jetpilot

Quote from: Britjet on Tue, 26 Nov 2019 15:38
Hi Diego,
Thanks for the info. Not this time for me, thanks. I am looking for an FO version which doesn't require a mod.
For anyone else - I can recommend the ACE unit - nicely made and close to the real thing for control force..
Peter.

Hi Peter,

I'm presently trying to find a replacement for my old Sitek Yoke. I stumbled across the Brunner force
feedback yokes. Do you have any experience with force feedback yokes or given the choice would
you prefer the ACE unit?
your training videos are very interesting, lots of effort!
At youtube I think you mentioned that you are using a visual setup thru P3D. What plugin are you using?
Is that easy to install?

many thanks in advance
cheers
Ralf

Britjet

Hi Ralf,
Thanks for that.
I have little experience of force feedback yokes but from what I can remember I would not have thought they would be as realistic as the ACE, but then the ACE would be much more expensive and takes up quite a bit of room, and has to be mounted securely to the floor. I think the ACE is really designed for a proper home-cockpit, if that is what you have in mind..
The ACE unit is quite heavy to move through the full pitch range, much like the real aircraft, while still allowing light delicate input in the usual control range. The roll force is a little bit lighter than real, but still quite realistic. I like the sturdiness of it. It's a well-built piece of kit. It still has some springiness to it - whereas a dampened system would be better, but I reckon it's not too bad.
My visual setup is P3Dv4, using Mark's PSXExternalsim. It is totally smooth and very easy to set up.
Hope that helps.
Peter.

B747jetpilot

Quote from: Britjet on Tue,  3 Dec 2019 10:10
Hi Ralf,
Thanks for that.
I have little experience of force feedback yokes but from what I can remember I would not have thought they would be as realistic as the ACE, but then the ACE would be much more expensive and takes up quite a bit of room, and has to be mounted securely to the floor. I think the ACE is really designed for a proper home-cockpit, if that is what you have in mind..
The ACE unit is quite heavy to move through the full pitch range, much like the real aircraft, while still allowing light delicate input in the usual control range. The roll force is a little bit lighter than real, but still quite realistic. I like the sturdiness of it. It's a well-built piece of kit. It still has some springiness to it - whereas a dampened system would be better, but I reckon it's not too bad.
My visual setup is P3Dv4, using Mark's PSXExternalsim. It is totally smooth and very easy to set up.
Hope that helps.
Peter.

Peter, many thanks for the detailed response! A floor mount is not an option which I would survive, lol.
As far as leverage goes, do you think a heavy base plate might give enough support to the rig?

cheers, Ralf

B747jetpilot

Quote from: diemo on Thu, 28 Nov 2019 09:00
here's a link with some pictures( sorry, it's only in dutch).

https://link.marktplaats.nl/m1484929619

regards,

Diego

Hi Diego,

is your Ace Yoke still for sale?

cheers,
Ralf

Britjet

Ralf,
A floor-mount base-plate would have to be screwed down, I think. Mine is screwed into 1/2-inch think ply which is the sim base. It has a lot of leverage..
Peter.

diemo

Hi Ralf, the ACE yoke and CP Flight MCP are still up for sale.

greetings,

Diego

B747jetpilot

Quote from: Britjet on Wed,  4 Dec 2019 10:17
Ralf,
A floor-mount base-plate would have to be screwed down, I think. Mine is screwed into 1/2-inch think ply which is the sim base. It has a lot of leverage..
Peter.

Thank you, Peter. I can imagine, the long lever plus the weight of the column result in enormous
momentum. But if everything is tied down you will have a super nice rig.

thank you very much for your evaluation
cheers
Ralf

B747jetpilot

Quote from: diemo on Wed,  4 Dec 2019 19:51
Hi Ralf, the ACE yoke and CP Flight MCP are still up for sale.

greetings,

Diego

Hi Diego,

can you reached by phone? Might be easier than going back and forth over the web....

Here is my PM

r.r.weber@gmx.net

cheers
Ralf

ahaka

Peter,

Since you've been using the ACE yoke, what do you think of the fact that the roll axis has a range of only about 90 degrees compared to the 180 degrees in the real one?
Antti

Britjet

My ACE yolk can turn through about 90 degrees (45 up and down each way) and to be honest I never thought about it.
If you try and turn the real one to 90 degrees it's actually very heavy to get to the full stop. I don't really know why it turns as far as it does - you can't physically turn it to the stop easily with one hand (as in flying) - it's too heavy.
If you ever see a video of anyone doing a pre-flight controls check I'd wager they use two hands to get it to the full travel.
I honestly don't think it's an issue..
Peter.

ahaka

One thing I could think of is that the wider range prevents overcontrolling in normal situations. If PSX is 1:1 with the real thing then turning the ACE just 22.5 degrees would create same roll rate as turning the real one 45 degrees.

But I got to trust you, since you're coming from the real 747, that in practice it does not make a huge difference. Thanks.
Antti

Hardy Heinlin

By the way, in PSX you can calibrate your aileron so that your USB maximum angle sets the PSX yoke to 45 degrees instead of 90. In the respective calibration edit fields just enter -2000 and 2000 instead of -1000 and 1000.

|-|ardy

cavaricooper

Advanced apologies for the segway-

Without being overly sycophantic, I am CONSTANTLY amazed at the level of thought and pre-planning existent in PSX.  Simply explained it has to be the creation of an Übermensch.

This product restores faith in the possibility of singular creative thought (which mostly appears extinct in the current generation).

C

PS- Back on topic- the ACE yoke...
Carl Avari-Cooper, KTPA