News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

PSX stretching across MacBook Pro and external monitor.

Started by markbennz, Tue, 19 Nov 2019 05:07

markbennz

As the title says is it possible to stretch across the two screens so that one panel is on my external monitor and another panel on my laptop screen?

If so how do I do it?

Many thanks.

Hardy Heinlin

Yes, go to Instructor > Preferences > Basics and select the checkbox "Allow frame stretching across multiple monitors". Then restart PSX.

That's all.

Background info:
The settings on the Preferences pages are automatically saved in the file "Default.pref" when you exit PSX. When you start PSX with "AerowinxStart.jar" the initial settings will come from "Default.pref". If you use other pref files for the PSX start, you need to save your Preferences while PSX is running by going to Instructor > Preferences > Save: Select the desired pref file from the list and click "Save".

Regards,

|-|ardy

markbennz

Thanks Hardy for the quick reply.

I tried as you say, but I can only get the following arrangements. The display on either my 15inch laptop or 21 inch monitor and the instructor page on one or the other. But I can't actually stretch any of the panels across so that they display on both displays at the same time. As I stretch across the panels start to show on the other display, and fade from the previous display.

I hope I make sense.

Regards.

markbennz

Thanks Hardy.

I don't seem to be able to to get it to work. Perhaps it's my graphics card?

I'm running the latest PSX.

Not to worry.

Thanks

Hardy Heinlin

I wouldn't stretch it anyway. I would run two networked PSX instances within the same Aerowinx folder, and place the one flight deck frame on monitor A, the other frame on monitor B. Usually, the frame rate and smoothness will be higher, and the layout will be more flexible as you'll get 8 subframes then instead of 4.

|-|ardy

markbennz

Hardy

Thanks very much your suggestion works perfectly and has transformed my experience.

Thank you.