News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

747 brown colour

Started by RogerH, Fri, 15 Nov 2019 11:24

RogerH

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of finishing off my 'sanity sim' cockpit (i.e. the one I'll use while steadfastly progressing the build of the _actual_ sim), and am wondering if anyone has a RGB setting for the lovely brown used in our cockpits? I have a can of Gary's paint from B&Q for the actual cockpit, but in the meantime I'm printing off panels to use in the sanity sim. Anyone?

Markus Vitzethum

the mad hatter

here you go  the actual colour "Brown" you can purchase from Jetmax   its a requires three parts to make it work  the paint the thinner and and the hardner   it needs to be sprayed so you will need a compressor hoses a gun thinner etc etc, and you will need to protect yourself its nasty stuff... be warned its expensive and comes with batch numbers  if I recall correctly I paid roughly 750 bucks plus but that included the cream colour so deep pockets are  re required    my suggestion  just pick a brown you like and go with it

RogerH

Thanks Markus!

Mad Hatter - Gary Oliver created two colours with good old B&Q which are very close to the originals (comments re. fading and differing Boeing batches noted). Those will be fine for the actual cockpit I'm building.

In the meantime I'm printing off temporary panels for the sanity sim and just wanted something close. I'm always aware of the dangers of hyperverisimilitude... :-)