News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Joystick does not respond

Started by Ton van Bochove, Thu, 7 Nov 2019 18:50

Ton van Bochove

My first step in setting up PSX is connecting a USB joystick (Thrustmaster T Flight stick)  After checking the USB in the instructors page the joystick is shown: it shows all the buttons including the designated functions. so PSX sees the joystick. But when return to the flight deck nothing happens.
I have a macBook Pro with iOs Catalina. I know that the joystick works with another Sim

TIA Ton
Ton

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Ton,

you need to assign your desired functions to the axes and buttons. Did you do that?

|-|ardy

Ton van Bochove

After connecting the joystick I saw a kind of default setting and i changed nothing
Ton

John H Watson

Ton, what version of PSX do you have? Have you downloaded the latest Aerowinx.jar file and required additional files?

Hardy Heinlin

The default lies in the attempt to auto-assign the USB x-axis to the aileron, the y-axis to the elevator etc.

But it needs to be calibrated by a human hand that moves the controls.

Are the axis signal indications on the USB page alive when you're moving the axes? If so, the aircraft controls will work as well -- provided the autopilot is off and the hydraulics are powered.

The yoke and pedals should move in any case. You can see that on the control icon in the upper left corner of the  PSX frame. Do you see what I mean?

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: Hardy Heinlin on Fri,  8 Nov 2019 00:25
The default lies in the attempt to auto-assign the USB x-axis to the aileron, the y-axis to the elevator etc.

But it needs to be calibrated by a human hand that moves the controls.

Are the axis signal indications on the USB page alive when you're moving the axes? If so, the aircraft controls will work as well -- provided the autopilot is off and the hydraulics are powered.

The yoke and pedals should move in any case. You can see that on the control icon in the upper left corner of the  PSX frame. Do you see what I mean?

Hardy, thanks for reminding me that this is not FSX/XPlane etc. : hydraulics were not active (cold&dark cockpit) As far as I can see now everything works fine. Going on with my quest ;-)
Ton

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: John H Watson on Thu,  7 Nov 2019 23:18
Ton, what version of PSX do you have? Have you downloaded the latest Aerowinx.jar file and required additional files?

Hi John, It looks like the joystick issue is solved but please enlighten me about the latest jar file (10.92) and my copy (10.1.7) ...I don't see a connection between the two file numbers.

Tia, Ton
Ton

Hardy Heinlin

Hi Ton,

just download the latest Aerowinx.jar from here ...

http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=4191.0

... and copy it to your Aerowinx folder (overwrite your old Aerowinx.jar).

Regards,

|-|ardy

Ton van Bochove

Ton

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Ton, this is how PSX is updated normally. Just one .jar file. No complex reinstallation or whatever. Just copy the new .jar over the old one and go. It is unusual that anything else needs to be changed.

An update is only the control logic and has always been for free. Updates come along as Hardy and this Forum learn new details or dive into hitherto unexplored rabbit holes. Once you need more, it is an upgrade and it will be announced loudly. There is an upgrade coming that has the next generation FMC, which is not for free as it is a large extra piece of functionality that costed Hardy over a year of research and coding.

And should you want to move the thing to another computer, just move/copy the Aerowinx folder and done. From Mac to Windows to Linux, it is as simple as that.

Hoppie

PS. Just copy and go... of course you first must sign for the engineering change, then have a bunch of mechanics run all operational tests on all aircraft systems, organize a DER and test pilots for a test flight, amend the STC and get the FAA to approve it all for airworthiness, before you can take pax along.

Ton van Bochove

:) :) Thanks for the explanation!
Ton