News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

It feels like 1997..........

Started by Ton van Bochove, Wed, 6 Nov 2019 22:23

Ton van Bochove

Today I got my copy of PSX. After 12 years without Hardy"s Gem I am in a state of awe like I was in 1997. I am in rookie mode again and I am only struggling with panels, keystrokes, instructor pages and so on. Astonishing to find out that I have forgotten all the basics .....but we will give it time  ;)
Ton

Dirk Schepmann

Hey Ton,

Great to see that you are still there! Welcome back to the club!

Best regards from EDDG,
Dirk

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

Hardy Heinlin

Hello Ton,

very nice that you're back :-)

When you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask ...

Cheers,

|-|ardy

Will

Greetings, Ton! Have fun!

Make sure to check out the tutorials.

I wrote one on layouts, here, that may be useful as you get started: http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1999.0
Will /Chicago /USA

Avi

Hi Ton,

Nice to hear from you again  :)
Avi Adin
LLBG

Jeroen D

brian747

Hi Ton!

And a warm welcome back!   

Also on the tutorials page (http://aerowinx.com/html/misc.html) you'll find a valuable resource that we didn't have in the days of PS1 — Britjet's tremendous video series. You'll be back up to speed in no time!   

Cheers,

Brian
(Author of "The Big Tutorial" for PS1, and "Getting started with PSX" Parts 1, 2, and 3).

Ton van Bochove

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! I already found my way to the tutorials and video's ....great stuff ! my first step is to familiarize with the cockpit and all the new features! Great to be back and to be part (again) of this fine community!
Ton

Markus Vitzethum

Hello Ton,

so nice to hear from you again. Welcome back in the community and enjoy the pleasure of learning and flying PSX.

Markus

p.s.
Do you still remember that beautiful ANZ 747-400 premium model? It still has a place of honour in our living room in Reutlingen (where I have moved to since).

Hessel Oosten

Ton  !

Looong time ago !

Did you fly al the time (completely invisible for us..) your Cargolux flights....  :) ?
I proudly have the manuals, I got from you, still on my bookshelf !

Happy flying and may be you can still remember from the past, that when cows increase in size, you are going downwards...;)

Hessel

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: Markus Vitzethum on Thu,  7 Nov 2019 11:59
Hello Ton,

p.s.
Do you still remember that beautiful ANZ 747-400 premium model? It still has a place of honour in our living room in Reutlingen (where I have moved to since).

Hi Markus! I do remenber (again) and when I am correct you bought the model at "De Luchtvaart Hobbyshop" or was it Schiphol?
Ton

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: Will on Thu,  7 Nov 2019 01:53

I wrote one on layouts, here, that may be useful as you get started: http://aerowinx.com/board/index.php?topic=1999.0

I will Hardy, they are piling up already ;-)
Ton

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: Will on Thu,  7 Nov 2019 01:53

Thanks Will for the layouts: I installed them already!
Ton

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: brian747 on Thu,  7 Nov 2019 06:45
Hi Ton!

And a warm welcome back!   

Also on the tutorials page (http://aerowinx.com/html/misc.html) you'll find a valuable resource that we didn't have in the days of PS1 — Britjet's tremendous video series. You'll be back up to speed in no time!   

Cheers,

Brian

Just finished your part one! Thanks for that help
Ton

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: Hessel Oosten on Thu,  7 Nov 2019 12:32
Ton  !

Looong time ago !

Did you fly al the time (completely invisible for us..) your Cargolux flights....  :) ?
I proudly have the manuals, I got from you, still on my bookshelf !

Happy flying and may be you can still remember from the past, that when cows increase in size, you are going downwards...;)

Hessel

Hi Hessel, 12 year long different life, different things to do ....so no flying. But now after retirement there is room again;-)
Ton

Markus Vitzethum

Hello Ton,

> I do remenber (again) and when I am correct you bought
> the model at "De Luchtvaart Hobbyshop" or was it Schiphol?

I, too, remember with please, also remember visiting you once at your place some >15 years ago.

> you bought the model at "De Luchtvaart Hobbyshop"

I know the store (bought PSX there) but I obtained the Air New Zealand 1:200 Herpa model directly from you on ebay. I remember being delighted when I found out it was actually you who was selling it.

Markus

Ton van Bochove

Quote from: Markus Vitzethum on Thu,  7 Nov 2019 20:05
Hello Ton,

> I do remenber (again) and when I am correct you bought
> the model at "De Luchtvaart Hobbyshop" or was it Schiphol?

I, too, remember with please, also remember visiting you once at your place some >15 years ago.

> you bought the model at "De Luchtvaart Hobbyshop"

I know the store (bought PSX there) but I obtained the Air New Zealand 1:200 Herpa model directly from you on ebay. I remember being delighted when I found out it was actually you who was selling it.

Markus

Ooops....now I know. Getting older Markus ;-) memory is fading.
Ton