News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Supplier of Large Touchscreens

Started by emerydc8, Fri, 25 Oct 2019 20:47

emerydc8

Does anyone know who makes large touchscreens -- the size of the overhead panel (approx 26' x 30")?

I can't seem to find anything close on ebay. Thanks.

Jon

NAVPI

An idea: maybe buying a TV and a USB Touchframe could be a cost effective way to do this.

emerydc8

Thanks. I wasn't aware this was available. Has anyone tried to use a USB Touchframe with PSX? Will it work with Windows 7 Pro?

Britjet

I've got 2 27" touchscreens mounted landscape overhead. Obviously there is a double a bevel between them but it's no big deal, and I find the option to have multiple layouts on each is really handy eg circuit breakers in rear, or part thereof, or even the rear maintenance panel, just by one click.
I thought you had a real overhead, Jon?
They are ACER - and the touchscreen works extremely well.
Peter

emerydc8

Thanks, Peter. I'll consider multiple screens for the overhead as a last resort. Right now, I'm looking at a used 52" touchscreen for about $1000. I do have a real overhead, but I'm not able to get the software to work without reloading Windows and hoping that would fix it. I've decided to wash my hands to the whole idea. I need to focus on a solution for the rudders since every commercially-available set falls well short on throw as compared to the real plane.

Jon

Britjet

Hi Jon,
The large touchscreen should do the job - I didn't know they came that big!
Rudders are a bit of a problem, as you say. Mine are just Saitek basic ones and of course they aren't connected together. I try to avoid asymmetric!
Shame about the overhead - Gary's is lovely but of course there's an awful lot of wiring involved..
Peter.

emerydc8

I had seen large touchscreens at trade shows, so I knew they were out there. Here's a good website for reference. https://www.touchwindow.com/c/LARGE-Touch-Screens.html

As for the overhead, it is already pre-wired, but there are some switches that don't work and I believe the fire handles are in that group. I think I would spend more time screwing with configuring and troubleshooting than I would flying, and since I'm not really a sim enthusiast in that regard (I get zero enjoyment dealing with computer/wiring problems), the better option for me is to go to a touchscreen and concentrate on the flying side.

Britjet

Thanks for the link, Jon.
Peter.