News:

Precision Simulator update 10.173 (24 February 2024) is now available.
Navburo update 13 (23 November 2022) is now available.
NG FMC and More is released.

Main Menu

Where to Purchase 744 Selectors and Switches

Started by Mariano, Sat, 19 Oct 2019 19:05

Mariano

Hi,

Can anyone point me to a (reliable) online store that sells replicas of B747-400 selectors and switches?

Thank you in advance.

Mariano

noo

Hi Mariano, simparts , opencockpits , hispapanels. ;)

Mariano

the mad hatter

in all honesty since you are entering the rabbit hole .. with panels etc   just buy real its often more cost competitive and they are more robust .. i promise that down the road you will end up replacing simulated ones

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

However, for cost reasons, it may really be more effective to first get things working using basic off the shelf components ("Radio Shack"), then go simulator parts to get the look right, and only when you're ready for it dive into real airplane parts. The real parts usually don't cooperate very well in terms of interfacing and require significantly more electronics to wire up than simple, but good-looking sim parts. And while your panels are not done yet, "you cannot fly."

When all is said and done, sure, you want the same kind of engineering as an airplane, as you need to maintain your sim just as you maintain an airplane. But a large cost comes with ease of maintenance. Sadly.

Standard rule... you have to build everything twice, anyway. Plan for that.

Hoppie

the mad hatter

Mariano

Roddez

Quote from: Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers on Sun, 20 Oct 2019 13:56
The real parts usually don't cooperate very well in terms of interfacing and require significantly more electronics to wire up than simple, but good-looking sim parts.

Hoppie, I beg to differ - the vast majority of the cockpit parts are quite simple to interface and in our experience they require less maintenance and last longer than some of the aftermarket parts.

Sure, when you get into anything that involves ARINC, serial, synchros or resolvers then the aircraft parts can become quite complex.

But, that's just my opinion.

Rod.
Rodney Redwin
YSSY
www.simulatorsolutions.com.au

Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers

You're probably right. I've never encountered panels that were just a bunch of switches, but that is very likely due to the environment I live in. There should be simpler material out there as well.

Hoppie