Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

News: Precision Simulator update 10.92 (26 October 2019) is now available

Author Topic: How to: Audio for Vatsim (AFV) with PSX+XP11 (with xView)  (Read 1128 times)

J D ADAM

Re: How to: Audio for Vatsim (AFV) with PSX+XP11 (with xView)
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 20:45 »
Thank you John for your reply.

I have a yoke from a B757 with all the necessary accoutrements and thus i would like to use the PTT switch which at present is used only for push back.

AS I have 8 fingers on each hand I am very prone to not type in the exact changes to the clientconfig.xml so I decided to cut and past, only changing the IP address.

Unfortunately no success so will plug along and try to sort out my problem. Mark will assess to the fact my network is a conundrum in itself!

Cheers

Derek

J D ADAM

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 07:01 »
John

"Mark will attest to"     DUH          Still struggling to get the program to work.

Although I did not fly "Round the World" I  listened to the interplay between the flyers and ATC and it proved how great Audio for Vatsim worked.  Take a bow gentlemen for a classic program.

Cheers
 Derek

J D ADAM

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 21:29 »
Good Morning John,
I now have Audio for Vatsim  connecting. Eureka .  As I said in my previous note I went through the recommended  alteration to the file letter by letter and then I found my eighth finger on one hand had caused chaos! Am I allowed to be slightly stupid at the age of 83!!!!
However one more question. I have established  keyboard "H" as the PTT assignment. I chose this because it matched the PTT key in PSX. Do I expect the PTT switch on my yoke to connect to Vatsim?

Cheers
Derek

Hammerstan

• twitch.tv/hammerstan
    • twitch.tv/hammerstan
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 22:17 »
I have established  keyboard "H" as the PTT assignment. I chose this because it matched the PTT key in PSX. Do I expect the PTT switch on my yoke to connect to Vatsim?

If you have the AFV standalone client working in PSX mode by changing the ClientConfig.xml, the only PTT key you need to set up is the PSX PTT key, which will route voice via AFV standalone client to the vatsim client (vPilot,  XSquawkbox, etc).  You must use the PSX PTT talk key for all voice transmissions, therefore your yoke PTT key must be bound to the PSX PTT key.

J D ADAM

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 00:53 »
Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have always used my PTT switch on the yoke for push back

Can I therefore assume that if AudioforVatsim is connecting (showing the frequency's  as set in PSX)  and recording the established  the frequency is set /on the left VHF / the mike is selected and incoming sound is set,  that it should automatically work on vatsim

Cheers
Derek

John Golin

• http://www.simulatorsolutions.com.au
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 03:44 »
If you have mapped your hardware to the PSX internal PTT - yes.

Before you test your yoke, in PSX use the R/T switch on the ACP you set the AFV config file.

If it's all set correctly and everything is connected to VATSIM, the TX should light up in AFV when you hold the switch to R/T in PSX.

J D ADAM

« Reply #26 on: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 22:27 »
Thank you John and Hammerstan,

I now have it working. The problem lay in the fact my ClientConfig.xml file was not absolutely perfect!!!!!!!!
It has taken a long time to get the result and now my additional concern will be to remember transferring from my push back man and ATC!

Thank you gentlemen and good wishes to you both.
Derek
NZAA

J D ADAM

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 03:28 »
First flight today and everything went perfectly (which I accept is normal in PSX) Had ATC at both YSSY and NZAA,
but as I have a hearing deficit (age related) I feel like the proverbial "one armed paperhanger.   Oh the joy it must be to have a first officer.   AudioforVatsim a great program.

Cheers
Derek